2009 Fchl 1&2 Entry Draft Thread

that was the supplemental draft pick I traded to mdg, you can't hold me accountable for thatI'm also keeping him on my farm for mdg
I'm officially blaming Danny for every mistake I make in the FCHL from here on out. New hotness.
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

david runbad, for instance... much better option
I giggle everytime I see you spell his name like that
The Red Storm have just selected Jared Cowen, D from Ottawa. The Storm are happy that we could get two fine young offensive-minded defensemen in the 1st round.
Offensive?????
Well...you said it.facepalm4.jpg
dammit, beat me to it
In honor of Serge, Crunch Bunch has made his pick
This draft is putting me on tilt because i have to wait for strat to post to see who took who
This draft is putting me on tilt because i have to wait for strat to post to see who took who
http://www.realfantasysports.net/fchl2/index.phpsaving you the megatiltif it makes you feel any better, nell told me we were starting the FCHL draft tonight.hint: the FCHL draft is not starting tonight
Offensive?????
Well at least Ellis is. Cowen seems like a decent offensive threat from reading the scouting reports.
Well at least Ellis is. Cowen seems like a decent offensive threat from reading the scouting reports.
Ellis and Cowen are about as different as two players can possibly get.
hmm he's a resource to help w/ the scouting (more links provided in the stickies)http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NHL&id=2984The knee injury that kept Cowen off the ice since February didn’t keep him off the scouting radar. He entered the draft as Central Scouting’s second highest rated defense prospect for good reason. Cowen, who is often compared to Zdeno Chara, has the size and strength to be a dominant shutdown blueliner once he acclimates himself to the NHL. He projects as a top tier stay-at-home defenseman.I'd say there's couple of d-men with higher offensive upsides in the Sens system, let alone in the first round of the '09 draft. I doubt he'll get much opportunity to be a PP QB but maybe he grows into his body and florishes!At least he's a reasonably sure bet to make the league.

trying to figure out why everyone is pooping on dougwhat's been goin on over at the FCHL2 forums that I haven't seen??

Way to go Duane. All your phoney talk about Jared Cowen going top 5 and now he actually went in the 1st round draft.
lol... I don't recall that but if true I'd rather have suckered someone in FCHL 1.ps: might as well change your avatar -- you probably aren't getting MPS
lol... I don't recall that but if true I'd rather have suckered someone in FCHL 1.ps: might as well change your avatar -- you probably aren't getting MPS
Oh come on, you already have O'Sullivan and Penner, with Gagner on the farm. You don't need any more Oilers.But I will be shocked if Hedman falls to me at 5, and I will draft him in a heartbeat.
Oh come on, you already have O'Sullivan and Penner, with Gagner on the farm. You don't need any more Oilers.But I will be shocked if Hedman falls to me at 5, and I will draft him in a heartbeat.
So no chance we can swap picks? I might go BPA and take him anyways!
So no chance we can swap picks? I might go BPA and take him anyways!
haha, no thanks, I'm not swapping picks. I've said it before, I'm ecstatic with whoever I get at 5.
just continued my tradition of taking a flyer on Europeans with a pick in the 12 spot of an FCHL draft.
I'm picking next but I'm undecided on which of 2 players to pick and will sleep on it. Had you skipped him I was going to grab him.
I'm kinda liking this FCHLjr draft going on now. It's like a mock draft for us.
This thread certainly beats whatever research I've already done. Now to separate those who are posturing and pumping up bad players from those who are being honest.
just continued my tradition of taking a flyer on Europeans with a pick in the 12 spot of an FCHL draft.
Guess it was not realistic to hope that Grachev fell to 24th overall. He was #1 on my list of players who I thought could realistically be available with the #24 pick. I had him ahead of four players who were already drafted which included B. Schenn. Would have been a real nice fit for me. :club:
This thread certainly beats whatever research I've already done. Now to separate those who are posturing and pumping up bad players from those who are being honest.
so basically, ignore everything I say?yeah might be a good ideaTHIS GRACHEV KID, QUITE THE STEAL I MUST SAY