2009 Fchl 1&2 Entry Draft Thread

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you EVER going to draft again?you have picks left next season, pal. better get to work.
In fact, I have all my picks left for next season. And fwiw, Im always doing my work for prospects. (mostly for the other pools)I have a decent list already, and am always open to trading for picks in FCHL, but I find the price too high and would prefer to be a seller of picks instead of a buyer, especially in a league where I still feel like a possible contender......FOR NOW! :club:
who is gonna be around at 13? can you guys let me know so i can start thinking about who to draft there?
I could tell you who won't be there, but I won't do that because I want him to still be on the board at 12. Not that this is very likely.
I could tell you who won't be there, but I won't do that because I want him to still be on the board at 12. Not that this is very likely.
i have a strong feeling that i already know who you are talking about despite us not having discussed prospects at all this year!
i have a strong feeling that i already know who you are talking about despite us not having discussed prospects at all this year!
No way he falls to you.
Sigh...
I think the top 5 are pretty much a slam dunk, and I say this because I know who I'm taking at 5. It might be a reach, but he won't be there at 9 when I pick next.And it's not Brayden Schenn.
Beyond the #1 overall I don't have a clue what anyone is doing. I'm not even sure I know what *I* would do with the #2 or #3 overall.
I think the top 5 are pretty much a slam dunk, and I say this because I know who I'm taking at 5. It might be a reach, but he won't be there at 9 when I pick next.And it's not Brayden Schenn.
MPS?
Beyond the #1 overall I don't have a clue what anyone is doing. I'm not even sure I know what *I* would do with the #2 or #3 overall.
Sorry, I'm not sure of the order, but I'm pretty sure of what 4 will be gone by the time it gets to me, and I'm also sure that the top 4 will be the same as the NHL top 4. (I know, really going out on a limb there)
MPS?
Well... I guess I don't really have anyone on Edmonton yet. :club:
I would really like to get started, so I can stop obsessing for at least a month or two.
I am excited to see what my "catches" will becatcatchesbat.gif

I think MPS will be around when #7 arrives. I mean, call me crazy, but that's what the NHL draft seems to say to me. I don't see how I could be disappointed with whoever is available there if MPS does get snatched.

really? thats interesting. unless there is a player im missing who hasnt been taken from past years, my #2 is pretty clear.
I've been working on my draft list for the last 4 or 5 months...lol. I have picks 12, 22, 24, 30, 36, 38, 49, 54, 59 and 60. I weep for 2-3 years from now when I have to start dropping prospects to make room.
I know you don't have #30 pick. That is Broadway's 2nd rounder which I have.I have # 5, 9, 16, 29, 30.
really? thats interesting. unless there is a player im missing who hasnt been taken from past years, my #2 is pretty clear.
Yeah, I can understand that, I just get a bust vibe for some reason.
I weep for 2-3 years from now when I have to start dropping prospects to make room.
You'll know where to find me then. Id be happy to arrange a fair price for your scraps and any draft picks youd like to move then as well.
I think MPS will be around when #7 arrives. I mean, call me crazy, but that's what the NHL draft seems to say to me. I don't see how I could be disappointed with whoever is available there if MPS does get snatched.
Team needs of course dictates where a player goes too. I'm thinking MPS could have went 6th and no one would have batted an eye, but Phoenix wanted an offensive defensive and took Larsson. Burke wanted a non European and took Kadri. Dallas wanted a goal scorer and took Glennie. Ottawa wanted a big dman and took Cowan. MPS fell into Edmonton's lap.