50k Horse Buy A Bracelet

I don't think raising the Main Event buy in to 50k is going to be much good. Do you really want a main event with only like 200 of the top top pros entering? I think the fact that anyone can win kind of adds to it. If you want to see great poker, watch the HORSE event, or any of the other big tourneys. I want to listen to Norman Chad while Dave Gorman from Springfield, Arizona beats Eric Seidel heads up to win the ME.That's what the ME is about these days.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you not want idiots at your table?
At my table? I don't play the main event. I'm more of a 10 or 20 dollar buy in guy. Idiots are fine but my point was it would narrow the field, leaving the true gamblers of nhle, whether good or bad. But it would mostly cut idiots. Like if I could afford 10k and not 50k, it would cut me, an idiot.
I don't think raising the Main Event buy in to 50k is going to be much good. Do you really want a main event with only like 200 of the top top pros entering? I think the fact that anyone can win kind of adds to it. If you want to see great poker, watch the HORSE event, or any of the other big tourneys. I want to listen to Norman Chad while Dave Gorman from Springfield, Arizona beats Eric Seidel heads up to win the ME.That's what the ME is about these days.
Alright, can we agree on 25k?
At my table? I don't play the main event. I'm more of a 10 or 20 dollar buy in guy. Idiots are fine but my point was it would narrow the field, leaving the true gamblers of nhle, whether good or bad. But it would mostly cut idiots. Like if I could afford 10k and not 50k, it would cut me, an idiot.
rofl, sick reasoning
best post i've read in a while, tyvm/
Oh..

Christ, I feel like this same ****ing threat has bee non this forum about 200 times before. I wish mods would ban and lock mind numbing shit like this, and free guys like Ryland and theredpill. At least their garbage is funny.

Christ, I feel like this same ****ing threat has bee non this forum about 200 times before. I wish mods would ban and lock mind numbing shit like this, and free guys like Ryland and theredpill. At least their garbage is funny.
Apparently some people don't spend every day reading every thread on this forum. Sorry for the repeat.
obviously he is on to finding the key to poker.
So you made this thread now?
No, I guess I might have "hijacked" it though. But what do you expect from someone with 50 lousy posts.
BigD actively encouraging MORE moderation??What the?

It's true that when the best players with huge bankrolls play poker, they don't play hard because they are friends. In fact anything above $500/$1,000 they give back any pots they beat you in because they are friends.I wouldn't doubt if they decided who was going to win this tournament a long time ago. Just like they pick the president at the trilateralist commission meetings from the Skull and Crossbones alumni.

I find it remarkable that it took 4 or 5 years for something to upset you so much that you finally hit the reply button.I find it more remarkable that it was this. On a side note, sparkywins, keep posting.I like your self deprecation. Also, BigD wasn't talking about you, he was talking about the OP.

I find it remarkable that it took 4 or 5 years for something to upset you so much that you finally hit the reply button.I find it more remarkable that it was this. On a side note, sparkywins, keep posting.I like your self deprecation. Also, BigD wasn't talking about you, he was talking about the OP.
I watch a lot of Jim Gaffigan, it must rub off on me.
Funny that you mention Eric Seidel. I took almost every chip he had in last years main event. I don't know what the hell came over me like I was going to outplay the dude out of position lol. I guess I had just decided he wasn't stealing my blind. Anyway, the flop was perfect so I checked. He bet 6,200 I raised to 16,200 at which point I WAS POSSITIVE HE WAS FOLDING. Nope, he says RAISE at which point said poster crapped his pants. Eric tossed in the 16,200 and pulled out two stacks of yellow $1,000 chips making it 40,000 to go (leaving himself with about 6K behind). I almost wet myself right there on the floor of the Amazon room. Then I said to myself you wouldn't fold here to anyone no way no how. Next thing I knew I had already said ALL IN! At which point he started thinking. I was thinkng WTF you put in almost 60K and now you have to think. He then proceeded to fold.
Funny that you mention Eric Seidel. I took almost every chip he had in last years main event. I don't know what the hell came over me like I was going to outplay the dude out of position lol. I guess I had just decided he wasn't stealing my blind. Anyway, the flop was perfect so I checked. He bet 6,200 I raised to 16,200 at which point I WAS POSSITIVE HE WAS FOLDING. Nope, he says RAISE at which point said poster crapped his pants. Eric tossed in the 16,200 and pulled out two stacks of yellow $1,000 chips making it 40,000 to go (leaving himself with about 6K behind). I almost wet myself right there on the floor of the Amazon room. Then I said to myself you wouldn't fold here to anyone no way no how. Next thing I knew I had already said ALL IN! At which point he started thinking. I was thinkng WTF you put in almost 60K and now you have to think. He then proceeded to fold.
what did u have
I've run into a few hookers that can do some amazing astricks...
awesome.
how about 40k and we put it at the start of the series. wait.....
even more awesome.