Anyone Know Anything About Backs

For close to a year now I have been waking up with back pain. I wake up and roll out of bed and about 5 minutes later I am fine for the rest of the day. I have a physical job so you think it would show up there but it doesnt. It ussually happens 4 or 5 time s a week but the last month it has been every morning when I wake up and even more intense. Anyone have any suggestions or opinions.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For close to a year now I have been waking up with back pain. I wake up and roll out of bed and about 5 minutes later I am fine for the rest of the day. I have a physical job so you think it would show up there but it doesnt. It ussually happens 4 or 5 time s a week but the last month it has been every morning when I wake up and even more intense. Anyone have any suggestions or opinions.
800 mg motrinthats what i do with the arthritis in my back and me knees..it works
no am I supposed to
Every six months. Or that's what we did when I worked in a hotel. Something about the springs and stuff.
That's why they call me Whiskers.
I thought that was because you were curious?

1. You should always flip your mattress at least every 6 months. I usually do it every other month.2. You want to make sure your hips and legs are in alignment. I do this by sleeping on my side with a pillow in between my legs.3. Stretch. Inversion tables are great.4. Exercise your core.5. Motrin if only needed. Taking lots of ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory medications can caused additional issues (such as internal bleeding, anemia.) I know from experience. Ice packs are a better way to reduce the inflammation. Since your pain is only in the morning, see if your doctor will write you a prescription for a physical therapist. A good physical therapist will evaluate so much of what you are doing and teach you ways on how to prevent injury.

I "thow my back out" about once a year. It used to be from doing cool stuff like diving for a loose basketball. The last time it happened, it was from loading the dishwasher.

You probably sleep on your stomach, which isn't good. Take Theresa's advice and you may be fine. I have some of the same stuff, early morning back pain, goes away after being upright for a bit, but I know it's from laying on my stomach too much, and I don't mean sexually. Then again, I also have a 11 year old MRI documenting two herniated discs. Go me.
I wouldn't with your back.
this was beyond excellent
I'm not sure why exactly, but this is so hilarious it hurts
oh, it was good, to be sure
Flipped your matress lately?
no am I supposed to
I wouldn't with your back.
this was golden!edit:
I'm not sure why exactly, but this is so hilarious it hurts
yes

Ok must be my mattress. I slept on my couch last night and woke up today pain free. Gonna bite the bullet and buy a new one today. Any recomended brands that dont cost more than say $1000?

Ok must be my mattress. I slept on my couch last night and woke up today pain free. Gonna bite the bullet and buy a new one today. Any recomended brands that dont cost more than say $1000?
i bet you could get this one cheap...SealsMotel3.jpg
i bet you could get this one cheap...SealsMotel3.jpg
My first year of trade school I had to go to Vancouver for 6 weeks. I stayed at a hotel cuz they had the best rate(and a strip club on the first floor :club: ). One day I had taken the sheets off cuz I puked on them and the matress had a giant blood stain on it. Not your normal bloody nose stain someone must have slit there wrists on there or something as it covered about half of the matress. Pretty gross.