Hairy Moles

So I've got a mole that's 1/8" in diameter on my cheek. It's not new (it's not a tumor), nor really raised, and it's the color of a freckle, but I notice that it grows 4-5 hairs much faster and darker than the rest of my face. Why do mole hairs grow faster than other hairs? (I could somewhat understand why they grow darker.) Google didn't really answer me sufficiently.That said, I've taken to letting the hairs grow a smidge and then plucking them. However, I found a passage that said it's a bad idea. Can anyone confirm or deny?

So I've got a mole that's 1/8" in diameter on my cheek. It's not new (it's not a tumor), nor really raised, and it's the color of a freckle, but I notice that it grows 4-5 hairs much faster and darker than the rest of my face. Why do mole hairs grow faster than other hairs? (I could somewhat understand why they grow darker.) Google didn't really answer me sufficiently.That said, I've taken to letting the hairs grow a smidge and then plucking them. However, I found a passage that said it's a bad idea. Can anyone confirm or deny?
you're obv dying. GG life. sw
The reason they are growing much faster is because the cell cycle is out of control and is replicating too much. I think its the G phase if I'm not mistaken, and it is basically the underlying mechanism of cancer.Short Answer - GG
how much faster does it grow and how do you measure such a thing?
If I don't shave for a couple of days, those hairs are probably 2x-3x longer than the hairs in close proximity.
Get it lanced !!
Lancing isn't the solution for everything.

I have a similar mole on my neck that grows hair faster (mine is about the size of a pencil eraser and slightly raised off the skin). My doctor said not to worry about it. As long as it is uniform colored / shaped then you are fine. If the edges are jagged or the overall shape is asymetric you should go see a doctor.

I have the same thing. It's just a normal mole that looks like a freckle where hair grows quickly. I just shave normally and it never looks that odd.This thread went in an awesome direction without the mole talk, though.