Official Ice Weasels Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya pretty good tournament. Next game is Tuesday @ SensPlex vs the North Stars. I think we're a dog because we're missing some of our subs and a lot of our team is injured at the moment.

Every muscle in my body hurts.But, on the plus side, Biatch and I were 1-2 in tournament scoring (within our division, anyways), with 9 and 7 points officially. Dan should have had 8 though, because they didn't give him credit for an empty netter that was clearly his, lol.

Back up to .500 in the regular season with a 4-2 victory tonight.Biatch and I each with a goal. Our center got a goal as well.We opened a 2-0 lead, Biatch getting the 2nd on a weird play where the goalie tried to rush out and poke check, and Dan just poked it past him into the net. Weird play. Our goalie let in a weird one from like the opposite slot, lol, rolling puck, and Die Hard tied it up with 5 minutes left in the 3rd.Our other line scored the go ahead goal with a minute or so left, when all 3 of them crashed the net, and it went off of one guy's skate and in.Our line comes back out for the last 10 seconds, for a faceoff in our end, we lose the draw, but Dan pokes the puck past the D who was in deep, and I took off, looked up, had 7 seconds left, hit the blue line and fired it into the empty net. No idea how I got so alone. I had a bit of pressure coming back though, or else I would have had time to just walk it in. I damn near missed as it went off the post and in, lol. I think Dan got an assist on that one.That gives me goals in 7 straight games, including the tournament, and the only games I didn't record a goal or a point were my first two of the season, when I sucked balls.====================The game before this one, we lost 2-1. I got our lone goal, to tie it up early in the 2nd half, when Dan sprung me on a breakaway. I decided to shot this time, dropped my shoulder and sniped it a foot off the ice, under his glove, over his pad.We're now 5-5 on the year, and we play the team we played tonight again next week, for some reason.

Link to the box score:http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/am/player...?gameid=1021978They took away my goal and gave it to a the defencemen on our team. Not sure how they screwed that up since I was like the only person on our team in the offensive zone, lol. Not a big deal.
I hate to admit this, but I get really selfish with stats. I check afterwards, and it pisses me off when they give it someone else, when so obvious. 2 games ago I got 2g and 1a, and they gave it all to #25 on our team, not to me (#28). All because they couldnt read the scoresheet afterwards Im guessing, since #25 wasnt even playing that night!!! lolI know Im supposed to care about wins and losses, but Im on a nice streak last few weeks, and I like to get a nice end of season stat line.As for you Ice Weasels.....thats quite a nice run you guys are on stats wise.Im dying to see how much better you guys are than my level. Sounds like your both really rounding into form, top line status. GL!
I hate to admit this, but I get really selfish with stats. I check afterwards, and it pisses me off when they give it someone else, when so obvious. 2 games ago I got 2g and 1a, and they gave it all to #25 on our team, not to me (#28). All because they couldnt read the scoresheet afterwards Im guessing, since #25 wasnt even playing that night!!! lolI know Im supposed to care about wins and losses, but Im on a nice streak last few weeks, and I like to get a nice end of season stat line.As for you Ice Weasels.....thats quite a nice run you guys are on stats wise.Im dying to see how much better you guys are than my level. Sounds like your both really rounding into form, top line status. GL!
True that. Yeah I'm not that much into the stats. I'm just glad I have my stamina back. I guess it helps that I've started ultimate once a week, sometimes two times, plus the rock climbing, and swimming have helped me get a bit more into shape. I've been laying off the booze lately, I just need to eat less microwavable dinners and more fresh produce, then hopefully I'll be in better shape.

Not getting stats right tilts me too, Arp.When I used to play minor hockey, I was always near the top of league scoring, so it tilted me even more when they took away the shit I worked hard for. I would always correct the scoresheet when I was in the penalty box back then, lol.The only thing they've screwed up for me this year is the completely messed up the order of the goals we scored, I had the first 3 and would have had the GWG, but they gave it to someone else. Still got my hatty though.Sucks that they keep taking away Dan's goals, though. At least he got an assist on this one. If he could finish any better, I'd have a bunch of assists too. :club:

Played a brutal game tonight. We lost 6-4 to the worst team in our division. Pretty sad. Or course, though, I opened the scoring with a breakaway goal. Biatch hit me with the outlet pass and I skated in and just ripped it over the goalie's glove, top corner. If you want a better visual, it was basically an exact replica of half of the goals Petr Bondra scored over his career. I guess my streak is up to 8 games now? I dunno, I'll have to look it up.I also ****ed up my neck somehow. I had a 2 on 1 with Biatch, and went to make a pass to him, and somehow I strained or pulled a muscle in my neck. Absolutely no idea wtf happened, but I can't turn my head without being an a retarded amount of pain. This was on the 2nd shit, obviously I played through it. :club:

• 3 weeks later...

Update from last game:http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/am/player...?gameid=10222022-1 victory for the Ice Weasels to close out the regular season.Now we start the playoffs. 5 game round robin. Top 2 teams in our conference play in a conference final, and represent Western Conference (aka Kanata)and play the Eastern Conference (aka Orleans). Winner of that gets the Keg. Should be a thrilling end to the season.

Final minute, we're up 2-1. I'm on the ice on the RW, guy at my point gets the puck, I rush over to take him, but for some reason just decide to lay the body. I don't flat out drill him, I just hit him, lay off a bit since it's non-body contact, but whatever. I'll do what I can for the win. So I hit him down, and then all of a sudden, I feel punch to the side of my head. This little smurf on the bench decided to hit me with a hay maker. So I turn around and deck him right back. I obviously get jumped by everyone on the ice, and then just kinda back down and get out of there, since a fight calls basically for a lifetime suspension.Turns out the ref didn't see the guy on the bench deck me, so he gave me the hitting penalty, which is clear, and 10 mins for swinging at the bench, lol.I now lead the team in PIM.

Playoffs started for the Ice Weasels tonight.Biatch was, well, a biatch and decided to puss out. We didn't need him as we held on for the 3-2 win.I scored the winner on a hilarious play. 2-on-1 the guy feeds me the puck and I basically have a clear lane to the net. I go to unleash a wicked wrister, probably in the corner, I don't know. I completely fan on the puck, but it was probably the best fake ever because it even fooled me. The goalie basically slid out of the way, and in a split second I pushed the puck about 6 inches to the left from where I was originally trying to shoot and slid it into an empty net, basically.I didn't fight anyone tonight.Playoffs continue tomorrow, then 3 more games in the next 2 weeks.Top 3 out of the 8 teams in our division move on. 2 plays 3 in the semis, and winner plays the 1 seed in the conference finals. Winner of that game plays the Eastern conference champs in the league title game.I also made the sickest play of all time earlier, and it would have been the highlight of the night on TSN if I had finished it.I pulled the Mariusz Czerkawksi move, where you pull it in between your skates, from your forehand, from behind, kick it off the far skate and burn around them. I tried for 20 minutes to find this move on Youtube, to no avail. I guess I've seen Malkin and Ovechkin do it too, recently, but Czerkawski invented it in the 90s, or at least made me notice it. But I did it around TWO players! I absolutely undressed them and had a clear lane to the net, but stupidly tried to go forehand deke instead of shooting. I'm like 0/1000000 on forehand dekes. I tried one later in the game on a breakaway too, dunno what it is about me.Anyways, the coolest part of the move, is that I wasn't streaking up thinking about what to do, I just picked up the puck in the zone already, and just the way it was all set up, it was so naturally, and I'm pumped that my instinct was to do it. ****ing should have scored, though.Anyways, goooooooo Weasels!