Official Ice Weasels Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Arp, I expected mine, so I'm sitting in there just about to regain my composure, and in runs Biatch straight for my garbage can, LOL. Didn't expect it from him, since he's clearly in decent shape.
you didnt just go to the end of the bench? you ARE good guys. Im impressed you made it to the room.Guys on my team heaved at the end of the bench. animals. :club:

Biatch, our next game isn't until 10:45 on Sunday. The 24th is the one at 5:00, so we'll have no problem coming home from Toronto for it, this weekend.

Officially, it's like 22, but they don't seem to care when they actually drop the puck. They add 3 minutes (I think) to the start of each period for warm ups and switching ends, etc.

Officially, it's like 22, but they don't seem to care when they actually drop the puck. They add 3 minutes (I think) to the start of each period for warm ups and switching ends, etc.
thats interesting, seems very relaxed. Never heard of that structure, though havent played much.My league, while pretty low end talent, has 3 15minute periods, stop time. I think it only goes running when someone is up by 5 or more. Which I hate, cause I always want more icetime. I drive 40km each way to play, like the Molson commercial guy, so more ice the better.
Did you get 1.5 hours of ice time then? 3 15-minute stop time is more than we played in Midget (12, 12, 15).
Oops, meant to write 3 12minute periods. Not 15's.1.5hours icetime? dont get it.
Oops, meant to write 3 12minute periods. Not 15's.1.5hours icetime? dont get it.
Yeah we had 5 minute warmup and then 12 min stop time and enough time in between periods for the refs to pee or get a drink of water.
Nice, I'd rather play stop time. 1.5 hours is just a 90 minute block. Our Midget and Bantam games would go from like 8:00 to 9:30, for example, but we'd have a 12, 12, flood, 15. The flood would just go every 2 periods throughout the course of the night, so the next game would be 12, flood, 12, 15.

Went out and bought new skates today. My feet got fat. I'll still obviously get killed the first few times with the new blades, but it'll definitely be better long term than my skates which I've apparently outgrown during my adult years.

So we lost the second game like 7-2 or something ridiculous. The team definitely was full of shit at registration when they said they should be in our division, they'll definitely be getting promoted to a higher tier. So basically, it wasn't fair all night.Personally, I had a very good game, compared to the first one. Not only did I not barf the entire game, but I even made it all the way to the end this time! The new skates were very nice, so much lighter than anything I'd ever worn, and they weren't even anywhere near top of the line skates ($200 regular, got them for $150), but got a bit of discomfort towards the end of the game, cuz the molding at the back was all ****ed up. Takes a few games to break them in, obviously, so that was not unexpected.I had one sick rush coming up the ice, where we had a 2-on-2. I was ahead of the play, so the guy fires a pass to me cross-ice, bounces over my stick and off the boards, so the defenseman decides to jump up to grab it, but I somehow chip it by him at the blue line and I'm off to the races. I somehow don't fall down. I have back pressure from both d-men, so I shield the puck with my body, go backhand-forehand and whip a quick shot, trying to go over the blocker, but the goalie got just enough of it. Still scoreless for the year, but it's nice to get a good rush finally, and a real good scoring chance. I could have had a few this game, but I fell a couple times on races where I could have had a partial break. It's weird, because I would never fall for no reason, but for some reason did tonight. So weird.I was sucking wind all game, obviously, so my conditioning needs a huge boost. Hopefully just grinding out the games for the season will help me in that regard, because I'm not about to go run on a treadmill for hours.At this point, I'm about as effective defensively as Mike Green, since I have no legs, but just trying to stay strong positionally and get in the lanes. I broke up a couple passes early on, but as the fatigue came on, I lost all ability to do anything.Still a ton of fun, and the only real exercise I can enjoy, even though playing hockey is like 15 times too much for my physical fitness level right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Big game for the FCP crew:http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/am/player...l?gameid=996121============I felt REALLY good out there, even though I drank like 40 beer last night. Was getting a ton of shots and actually contributed. Played so well, and was firing the puck so well, the team called me the team's Dany Heatley, and not for my driving skills.

Big game for the FCP crew:http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/am/player...l?gameid=996121============I felt REALLY good out there, even though I drank like 40 beer last night. Was getting a ton of shots and actually contributed. Played so well, and was firing the puck so well, the team called me the team's Dany Heatley, and not for my driving skills.
Sick, nice job boys!
LOOOOOOL @ the Heatley joke. Nice stats you two, Crosby and Malkin like.

Yeah it was a pretty good game. We had actual line ups this game. Our line of me, Zach, and George clicked really well. George and I are pretty fast, so there's a lot of chasing of us and it frees up Zach's big shot. I had like 4 breakaways, but I'm a retard and don't know what the f*ck to do anymore when I get alone with the goalie. I need to work on that. One was shorthanded. I have my speed back and can get around the D pretty well, I just need to figure out some sort of move. I almost scored short-handed too, which was pretty sweet. Zach's goal was pretty sweet, he did a sweet fist pump. I gave him a behind the back pass and he sniped it. My goal was a deflection. I was standing in front of the net, and the D shot it, it was pretty lucky. The ref afterward called me ugly. Good game though, I ended up after the game getting a 6 inch sub, a fruitopia, 2 mineral waters, and a G2 gatorade with only 30 calories.