Official Ice Weasels Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You FCHL guys play hockey? Wow could have fooled me. We got to get an AHL and FCHL game one day. Imagine Troyomac in net. The props bets would be flying everywhere. I would put the o/u at 4.5 for me alone.

good work guys. Nice to see you guys get on the scoresheet.I had a goal and 2 assists in my first game, and have been shut out in the 2 games since. I hate not scoring! (yeah, im greedy and early on in the season, way too into personal stats)

When I'm back in the same shape you are, I'll be challenging your numbers. :club:
You can get into shape with some minimal effort.....its gonna take me a lot more to improve my skating AND pick up a more accurate shot!Luckily, I play in a pretty low league and it wont take me too long hopefully.

so jealous of you guys. I played nothing but street hockey as a kid, sometimes on blades but mostly not. I didn't get into an organized league until I was prolly 19 or 20. Even that was only a deck hockey league though with no skating. I've skated on ice and played hockey but never at that same time. I'd love to try to get into some kind of adult instruction league or something. Unfortunately Charlottesville isn't exactly hockey mecca. We have a rink but I'm gonna hafta do some research be willing to look pretty dumb for awhile if I want to get into it.

so jealous of you guys. I played nothing but street hockey as a kid, sometimes on blades but mostly not. I didn't get into an organized league until I was prolly 19 or 20. Even that was only a deck hockey league though with no skating. I've skated on ice and played hockey but never at that same time. I'd love to try to get into some kind of adult instruction league or something. Unfortunately Charlottesville isn't exactly hockey mecca. We have a rink but I'm gonna hafta do some research be willing to look pretty dumb for awhile if I want to get into it.
Do it, do it, do it. I cant stress how much better ice can be than just roller/ball hockey. No matter how hard it might be at the start, its worth it. I realize where you are might be hard to find the right place.....but try. Being a big fan of hockey, you'll love it.I played street/ball hockey all my life. I didn't put skating and hockey together til I was 26! (10yrs ago). Took me a year or two to get my bearings.....Then, due to some personal issues, I stopped for about 7 years til this year. I still cant skate worth a lick, and then is nothing more frustrating than not being able to keep up on skates+puck in a game I can dominate on solid ground and a ball! But I drive 50km each way to play 20minutes of ice time every week, and its tommorow, and I cant wait. Id play 3 times a week if I could find the right teams!good luck.

I say do it too.I remember in my younger days (I am a young looking 43) I only played ice hockey. I only play once a week now due to 3 kids in a church league where I got suspended for fighting 2 guys.Back in the day, I use to play 3-4 times a week, but only 1 time during the summer time. I remember when my wife went away for 1 month to the Phillipines in August. All I did was play poker or ice hockey and was never home. Not hard to find a game for ice hockey during August eh. The day was coming close to my wife coming home. She called me 8x and finally gave up at 3:30 am Monday morning. I think I got home at 5 am and went to work at 9 am. Needless to say, the first thing that came out of her mouth was where were you when she got off the plane.Now I am too old to keep up with the younger guys and thinking of hitting the old guy leagues where there is no fighting.

Dev,I didn't have time to look but check this site outhttp://www.hna.com/leagues/homeHNA.cfm?lea...96&link=HNAI did this a few years back. You start out with enough players to make two teams and then go through 8 weeks of instruction, then you get uniforms and start playing a 8 game (i think) season. Then you can stick with your team season after season and move up in the ranks.

awesome...thanks guys. I will have to look into it. From what I see it may require some drives up to DC...I'd be willing to do that on weekends but weekdays would be tough. I'm 25 now (will be 26 in a little more than a month) so hopefully I can learn semi quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

Ice Weasels tied the 1st game of our tournament last nite. I'm waiting for Zach to pick me up, I'm prepping by watching high stakes poker on youtube to help me become a better poker player.

We've got a tournament going this weekend.Had our first game last night, and we ended up tying one of the better teams 3-3. I opened the scoring with a goal, and was on the ice for the other 2. Would have had a secondary assist on the 2nd one, but I don't think our league counts 2 assists.Biatch set up my goal with a gorgeous blind pass to be in front of the net. He was on the half boards and heard be yelling for him. I was absolutely wide open, I had time to like toe-drag the puck a little and then sniped it glove side off the post and in.We worked a powerplay for the last 1:11, but couldn't get one, even though we controlled the puck the whole time.2nd game goes today at noon, and if we win, there's a chance we play another one later today. If we lose, then we're probably out of the tournament.

Ship the natural hat trick today.First 3 goals in a 5-2 win.Biatch added the empty netter, which could be huge if we end up in a tie breaker situation, where goal differential is the 1st tie breaker.My first goal was ridiculous. I kinda fought my way in down the right wing, got the puck knocked off my stick by 2 different players, but still found myself alone on the half boards somehow, the 2nd guy came to attack me, and I just danced around him and had a clear lane to the net. I put the puck on my back hand and shielded it with my body as a player tried to attack, but I fought him off, went hard to the net, back forehand around the goalie and into the open net. Very much a power forward type goal.My second goal came off of a bad D to D pass in our own end where I striped the defensemen and went in on a breakaway. Biatch ran a bit of a pick on the other d-man, and I faked a shot and went backhand into an empty cage.To complete the trick, I was open in front and got a nice pass from the center on our line and I one timed it home from the bottom of the slot.We ended up going up 4-0, before the other team clawed back to make it 4-2, then Biatch sniped an empty netter from the blueline on a one-on-one in the final 30 seconds.We finished our mini round robin with 3 points in 2 games, a tie and win, and +3 in goal differential. 4 out of the top 12 teams get in, so it's very possible we play another game at 7 pm tonight. For some reason, the finals would be at 10:25 tonight, LOL. I will definitely be dead if that happens.

It actually looks like they do give out secondary assists in this tournament, so I got 1+1 in the first game, and 3+0 in the second game.That gives me 5 goals and 1 assist in my last 3 games. Pretty decent after a shitty start, going pointless in my first 2.

Just got back from a lunch to find out we have made the semi-finals @ 7 o clock tonight. Hopefully we don't play the steelbacks, because I'm tired of playing them (they have beat us both times). Anyways, I'm going to take a nap before the game. Huge game tonight.

We goin to da 'ship! Biatch and myself each with another goal in a come from behind 4-2 win!Edit- our 3rd game of the day is at 10:25... How am I surviving this?Ps: my goal was a sweet snipe on a two on one to open the scoring for the third straight game in this series.

We are the champions! We are the champions of the world! (or bottom tier men's league rec hockey)3-0 win. Our goalie was the star. I picked up the gwg and an assist on biatch's insurance marker. I had 6 goals and 2 assists in 4 games, and biatch had a bunch of points too.Here's the kicker: our team won a $100 gift card thing for the upstairs bar, so we're getting drunk now. Woooooooo!