Official Ice Weasels Thread

We lost 2-1 tonight, but my girlfriend came to watch for the first time this year, and snapped this cool (but awful quality) picture of me.6534_108685850915_503965915_2699907_2319333_n.jpgI put a bit of a move on the d-man on the left and went around him and got a shot past the goalie for our only goal.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too bad it's a picture and not a youtube clip, chief.
Yeah, I'll get someone taping next time. LOLThey beauty with the still though, is that you guys can imagine that I'm really fast, when in reality, I'm fat and slow. :DI'm just pumped she happened to get the picture on the rush I scored on. That's cool, and good timing.

Turns out I also got 17 PIMs in this game.With like 20 seconds left, down by 1, a couple guys were digging for a loose puck around the net. Whistle goes finally and one dude gets jumped, so I just jump in and give the guy a wicked crosscheck to the back to get him off my guy.I got a major (7 mins) and a game misconduct.Don't think I'm suspended or anything, though.

Next game is a pretty much must win game against the North Stars next Monday. There are eight teams in our division, the top 3 move onto the next round. I'm guessing 4-1 is what gets you in. Tie-breaker is a head to head, and the North Stars are currently 2-0, so we pretty much need to win. The game after that is against our arch nemesis, the Ottawa Steelbacks who are also 2-0. We're 1-1 right now. Our last game is against the Shockers, which should be a win.

For those in town, I believe our big game against the North Stars is in Kanata at the SensPlex at 8:45pm next Monday.
Our FCP crew should rent a suite for THIS game and go. There are suites available for Ice Weasels games, right?
Our FCP crew should rent a suite for THIS game and go. There are suites available for Ice Weasels games, right?
Turns out I might be suspended, if they enforce the rules on the website. Pretty bullshit I got major+game for the crosscheck.So yeah, come to the one after this one, instead.
Turns out I might be suspended, if they enforce the rules on the website. Pretty bullshit I got major+game for the crosscheck.So yeah, come to the one after this one, instead.
Sounded like u were message sending IMO.
The SensPlex is just some regular arenas down the street from Scotiabank. Besides... we'd need to be closer to heckle cheer them on!
Sounded like u were message sending IMO.
I was doing what I could to get one of the two guys off of my teammate. I probably should have just grabbed his head from behind and pulled him off, but I guess I had a little extra frustration to let out.

Huge game coming up on Monday night at the Sensplex against the North Stars. It's pretty much a must-win if we have any hopes of the semi-finals. I'm at the fam, in Newcastle right now, my buddy Mike (also on the team) and I are coming back Monday afternoon. Trying to decide on a place to stop along the 401 back to Ottawa for a pre-game meal. Any ideas? So far the choices are:1) KFC (highway stop on the 401)2) Arby's (Port Hope or Kingston)3) Swiss Chalet (Cobourg)4) Apple Pie (The Big Apple in Colborne)Any other ideas?

Huge game coming up on Monday night at the Sensplex against the North Stars. It's pretty much a must-win if we have any hopes of the semi-finals. I'm at the fam, in Newcastle right now, my buddy Mike (also on the team) and I are coming back Monday afternoon. Trying to decide on a place to stop along the 401 back to Ottawa for a pre-game meal. Any ideas? So far the choices are:1) KFC (highway stop on the 401)2) Arby's (Port Hope or Kingston)3) Swiss Chalet (Cobourg)4) Apple Pie (The Big Apple in Colborne)Any other ideas?
When I saw this in the GEAH thread, #4 option wasnt available, and that was gonna be my suggestion to you anyway. GO BIG APPLE OR GO HOME, I say.Btw....I think I remember them actually having pretty decent burgers there.

....and the dream lives on. 3-2 (shoot-out victory) for the Ice Weasels against the rival North Stars. Highlights of the game:- Two ejections on the North Stars side- Going to like the eighth shooter- Zach being barred from standing near our bench- Mary getting a penalty as usual- Mike getting hit by the refereeNext game is next Sunday at the Nepean Centre against the Ottawa Steelbacks, which again is a must win situation. The team is now 2-1. The assumption is that 4-1 will get us the 3rd or 2nd seed, in the playoffs. Top 3 of 8 move onto the Conference Semi Finals. With the #1 seed getting a bye straight to the Conference Finals.

I think we're kinda in trouble because we gave the North Stars the charity point for the SO loss, but we're still assuming it'll be 3 of Steelbacks, Die Hard, North Stars and us. I think we have an uphill climb, but winning our last two games will be a good start. The biggest problem is that we still have a match against the best team in the league.

I think assuming we beat the Steelbacks and they win out the rest. We both will finish 4-1 though, and we would have the head to head, so we would get the last spot with the North Stars and Die Hard ahead of us.

There's also this Critter Jungle Wild team that is 2-0 already, although they played awful teams.North Stars 2-0-1 (vs Les Georges, Shockers)Critter Jungle Wild 2-0-0 (vs Die Hard, Ottawa Steelbacks, Thundercats)Ottawa Steelbacks 2-0-0 (vs Thundercats, Ice Weasels, Critter Jungle Wild)Ice Weasels 2-1-0 (vs Ottawa Steelbacks, Shockers)Die Hard 1-0-1 (vs Critter Jungle Wild, Thundercats, Les Georges)Les Georges 0-2-0 (vs Shockers, North Stars, Die Hard)Shockers 0-2-0 (vs Les Georges, North Stars, Ice Weasels)Thundercats 0-2-0 (vs Ottawa Steelbacks, Die Hard, Critter Jungle Wild)So, basically, we need to beat the best regular season team, the Steelbacks. We need to beat the Shockers, who were 7-6 in the regular season.After doing that, we also need to hope that 4-1 gets us in.Steelbacks would have a loss, so they'd be 4-1. Them being 4-1 means Critter Jungle Wild loses, so the best they can do is 4-1.If CJW is 4-1, it means Die Hard is 3-1-1, and out of contention. If Die Hard wins that game, they're 4-0-1 and certainly in, while CWJ is 3-2 and out.North Stars should win their last 2 games and be 4-0-1.So, unless there's an upset by one of the teams that's 0-2 so far, we'll either have two teams at 4-0-1, and 2 at 4-1-0; or we'll have 1 team and 4-0-1, and then 3 teams at 4-1-0. No idea how the tiebreaker works.Bottom line is we need to beat the Steelbacks to set this all up, and of course win against the Shockers.Ideal situation for us is to have the North Stars lose to the Shockers, in shootout or regulation. Shockers were an ok team in the regular season, so it could happen. Since we need to finish 4-1 to get in, we need some of these 0-2 teams to step up and beat the bubble teams, to spread out the points a bit better. We have no chance if 3 teams go 0-5 or whatever.

Oh yes, we owe the victory to my pre-game meal.We stopped by a McDonalds on the way home. I got a cheesburger happy meal. I then go a Hagan-Daz at a gas station.Then at home I got hungry and ate a can of tuna to feel healthy. But then I got thirsty so I drank a 1L coke and small bag of Miss Vickies Salt and Vinegar Chips.Then on the way to Kanata, I got a XL Triple-Triple.And this all equated to me getting a goal and an assist. Hooooray to diet.

Absolute huge game tonight. Standings as of now:1. Ottawa Steelbacks 6 points (3-0)1. Critter Jungle Wild 6 points (3-0)3. North Stars 5 points (2-0-1)4. Ice Weasels 4 points (2-1)5. Die Hard 3 points (1-1-1)6. Les Georges 0 points (0-2)6. Shockers 0 points (0-3)6. Thundercats 0 points (0-3)Basically the top 3 get in. Tonight we play the Steelbacks, and we basically need a win in regulation, and then win our final game against the Shockers, and we should claim the final spot over the Steelbacks as we would both be 4-1, but we would have the head to head victory. With an overtime victory, it would be in with some help. We would then need the Steelbacks to lose to Critter Jungle Wild in their last game. Game time is at 9pm in Nepean. We have should have the whole team there, as Micah is back from the States, and Zach is no longer suspended.

Good luck Weasels!
Thanks Arp. I just go back from the mall and the grocery store. Got some clothes and a pre-game meal for tonight's game. I'm going to eat a loaf of garlic bread and 2 pounds of mussels steamed with wine. It's going to be delicious. I'm going to take a nap though and wake up at like 5, eat, then read a book I got from Chapters to get me jacked for the game tonight. P.S. Zach, what time are you picking me up? I'm guessing like 8:15ish, or 8ish? Just text me whenever you leave as usual.
tough loss it looks like. Penalty trouble. Yeah I'm looking at you Zach Henderson! :club:
I only had one penalty. It was bullshit too. They called a high stick on the puck when it was about waist-high, and I don't think he even touched it anyways. I said something like "Wasn't even a ****ing high stick" or "He didn't even ****ing touch it" from the bench, and the ref decided he'd do me a favor by just giving me a minor instead of a 10. The refs were awful.Beyond that, the rink was 1000 degrees, the whole ice surface was foggy as shit. It was a disaster from the get-go, aside from our 2-0 and 3-2 leads. :(We completely fell apart in the 2nd, and they stepped it up. There's a reason they were the best team in our division. They beat us to every single loose puck and every rebound and we left our goalie out to dry after the good start.

I don't really think they were that much better then us to be honest. We just took a lot of silly penalties at the wrong time. And a lot of people on our team need to learn to keep their heads up to look for a pass, rather then skate with their head down, and to pass it hard, none of this flick BS. Gah, I'm just a at a loss for words. Losing sucks :club: