I am curious as to people's thoughts on the uneven bet sizing.For the people who do it, what is the reasoning behind it (throw off the simple math calculations?)and for when you face these bets or raises...do you alter your play at all?Mainly just looking for some insight on this?

I am curious as to people's thoughts on the uneven bet sizing.For the people who do it, what is the reasoning behind it (throw off the simple math calculations?)and for when you face these bets or raises...do you alter your play at all?Mainly just looking for some insight on this?
Shove.
Shove.
I will say that in a live game ($1/@/$300 NL for example) I can't even calculate the number of times I see this:PF: raise to $20, 4 callersFlop: (pot: $100) bet $25 call call call Turn: (pot $200) bet $25 call callRiver: (pot $275) bet $25, call
If you're referring to someone raising 12345 chips when 12500 would suffice... maybe to throw off math, make the bet look calculated as opposed to random, maybe some lucky numbers?Whenever I face a bet like this and I reraise, I make it a smooth number... I hate random looking bet sizes
If you're referring to someone raising 12345 chips when 12500 would suffice... maybe to throw off math, make the bet look calculated as opposed to random, maybe some lucky numbers?Whenever I face a bet like this and I reraise, I make it a smooth number... I hate random looking bet sizes
Sorry if OP was not clear....but this is exactly what I mean

Well I'll try to seriously answer this. Mathematically speaking the perfect open raise is not going to be like 1200 at 200/400.Neither is 1100, or 1050. Obviously it's very hard to find the absolute correct amount but hypothetically its going to be a number like 1039.3525322 chips. Since people are going to be trying to find the best number they are going to be typing in non standard amounts anyways instead of using the slider so they just try to make it fun.

I like raising to numbers like 999 at 200/400, 420 at 75/150, 1337 at 250/500 etcetcetcOne reason I would be willing to guess (I wonder if it is really correct *PAGING VB*) is that when you bet 9999 chips, the stack looks HUGE. Is it possible that your opponent views the stack size and doesn't see that it is basically 1k, but in fact, just sees a big stack before he sees the number so his brain instantly recognizes either an All-In (Since they are random amounts for the most part) or else either a bet misinterpreted to be bigger than it really is.I know when people bet weird amounts into me, I need to take a second longer to put it all together, and if I am not paying too much attention, my head freaks a bit, thinking the guy just overbet shoved all in, and not just 999 into a 2150 pot.

1. to throw off math calculations by villains2. to randomize betsand a point I think most are aware of (even though it may be subconsciously aware of it)3. To make bets seem bigger than they really are. For example, blinds are 100-200, and you want to steal the blinds, you don't want to risk 600 (3x) but you are willing to risk 2.5x, ie 500. If you raise 500, it seems obvious you're raising 2.5x, if you raise 497 tho, it just seems weird.

One reason I would be willing to guess (I wonder if it is really correct *PAGING VB*) is that when you bet 9999 chips, the stack looks HUGE. Is it possible that your opponent views the stack size and doesn't see that it is basically 1k, but in fact, just sees a big stack before he sees the number so his brain instantly recognizes either an All-In (Since they are random amounts for the most part) or else either a bet misinterpreted to be bigger than it really is.
It's actually a good point. The brain has at least two systems for analyzing quantities, one for "how many" type judgements (abstract and discrete, using numbers) and another for "how much" type judgements (non-abstract quantities). By putting a visually large chip stack out there you're gonna influence the "how much" system.
2. to randomize bets3. To make bets seem bigger than they really are.
Additionally, and it's pretty rare when i do this, I mix #3 above along with shaving off some chips for a raise that I plan to bag in the face of a big reraise or AI push. I can keep an extra 1-200 or so chips in my stack, but generally get the same fold/call/raise i would face if I'd put those extra chips in, prolly just aids in chip accumulation over time.
2. to randomize bets3. To make bets seem bigger than they really are.
Additionally, and it's pretty rare when i do this, I mix #3 above along with shaving off some chips for a raise that I plan to bag in the face of a big reraise or AI push. I can keep an extra 1-200 or so chips in my stack, but generally get the same fold/call/raise i would face if I'd put those extra chips in, prolly just aids in chip accumulation over time.

1. to bet a bigger 'looking' stack online2. to mess with the opponents head, usually trying to induce tilt or just confuse them a bit.

In an online cash game I do it because I am bored. It helps me stay focused and think about my raises.In a tournament I do it so that people pay attention to my raises and add some confusion to their decision making process. I get frustrated when people raise in x99 or even worse X7 and sometimes am likely to either fold or re-raise to get the amount to a more standard number (ending in 0 or 5). Even when I do a random number raise, it always ends in a 0 or 5. Either way - i don't do it too frequently or it stops having the desired effect.

i hate people that do that, but a lot of times i've started thinking if i should call his shove with a marginal hand because of pot odds and then see he still has chips left.thank god i've never misclicked but i guess the strategy does make sense considering that.

Kind of related... When I'm putting some donktard all in (in a cash game) I often bet $0.01 less than their stack to give them the illusion of fold equity if they shove. I usually lol to myself after.

Kind of related... When I'm putting some donktard all in (in a cash game) I often bet $0.01 less than their stack to give them the illusion of fold equity if they shove. I usually lol to myself after.
I'm hard pressed to believe that even a "donk-tard" would find such illusion. I assure you they are not raising that last penny factoring in fold equity. Plz stop raising one cent less than AI :club:
120/240- 555150/300-720200/400-987250/500-1111300/600-1234400/800-2000500/1k-2222600/1200-2600800/1600-34201k/2k-44441200/2400-5000ainec
fypi actually just made these up ( i usually just hit random numbers for w/e im in the mood for/feel is right) and am now gonna abide by these!
120/240- 600150/300-740200/400-990250/500-1240300/600-1450400/800-1800500/1k-2200600/1200-3000800/1600-40001k/2k-52001200/2400-6000ainec