Bankroll Management Genius

Okay here's something that puzzled me for sometime.We all know the real long-term poker players stick to strict bankroll management rules, which includes not playing too high for your bankroll.I stick to this vigilantly, in mini limits even, to teach myself discipline.Now i have a friend, lets call him Tim, and Tim doesn't like bankroll management.All right so let's say Tim manages to quadruple his stack in 3 days. Can happen right, a good run, but he's bound to lose it again.Tim didn't lose, Tim withdrew all in time and got a huge boost to his salary that month.Ok this happens too, quit while you'r ahead. Tim was a smart player so far, he got lucky and ran out with a huge profit.Or so i would have you believe.You see, either he's lieing in my face or i'm missing something, but Tim played by 'bankroll rules' for 2 days, got bored, and went to toss it all in once again! And believe it or not, came out victorious, now getting a quintiple on his money.This scenario presented itself like 5 times now, every time Tim walked out with a bankroll quadruple or more!First of all, is this even possible? Playing far too big for one's bankroll and still winning huge happens, but if you constantly defy what all the pro pokerplayers tell you so many times and you manage to win like this, something must be going right.So is Tim:- Just extremely long-term lucky in his endaevours - The new poker mastermind that will become big-time pro soon.- Working bankroll management in ways we can't understandThis really happened, but how did it happen? I don't know, but do you?Happy caturday folks...

Hes talking about me.. Not joking, we know each other irl.Anyway, I can´t just sit down at a 0.01-0.02 blind table, simply because I don´t got that kind of disipline. Sometimes it bothers me, and ofcourse, I´ve gone broke a few times in the past, but I´m up about 800$ total now.Sometimes, sometimes, I wish I was a cat too, and get a decent bankroll management.

Hes talking about me.. Not joking, we know each other irl.Anyway, I can´t just sit down at a 0.01-0.02 blind table, simply because I don´t got that kind of disipline. Sometimes it bothers me, and ofcourse, I´ve gone broke a few times in the past, but I´m up about 800$ total now.Sometimes, sometimes, I wish I was a cat too, and get a decent bankroll management.
dude, you're going to semi-ruin your life.

Play for a living/steady income = bankroll management requiredPlay for fun/occasional big score but have other income = bankroll management not requiredSomewhere in between = some sort of bankroll management recommended for long term profitabilityAlso, Tim is indeed teh mans.

Okay here's something that puzzled me for sometime.We all know the real long-term poker players stick to strict bankroll management rules, which includes not playing too high for your bankroll.I stick to this vigilantly, in mini limits even, to teach myself discipline.Now i have a friend, lets call him Tim, and Tim doesn't like bankroll management.All right so let's say Tim manages to quadruple his stack in 3 days. Can happen right, a good run, but he's bound to lose it again.Tim didn't lose, Tim withdrew all in time and got a huge boost to his salary that month.Ok this happens too, quit while you'r ahead. Tim was a smart player so far, he got lucky and ran out with a huge profit.Or so i would have you believe.You see, either he's lieing in my face or i'm missing something, but Tim played by 'bankroll rules' for 2 days, got bored, and went to toss it all in once again! And believe it or not, came out victorious, now getting a quintiple on his money.This scenario presented itself like 5 times now, every time Tim walked out with a bankroll quadruple or more!First of all, is this even possible? Playing far too big for one's bankroll and still winning huge happens, but if you constantly defy what all the pro pokerplayers tell you so many times and you manage to win like this, something must be going right.So is Tim:- Just extremely long-term lucky in his endaevours - The new poker mastermind that will become big-time pro soon.- Working bankroll management in ways we can't understandThis really happened, but how did it happen? I don't know, but do you?Happy caturday folks...
Step 1. Ask Tim what six numbers he likes for the lotteryStep 2. Send me a PM of those numbers. :club:
Play for a living/steady income = bankroll management requiredPlay for fun/occasional big score but have other income = bankroll management not requiredSomewhere in between = some sort of bankroll management recommended for long term profitabilityAlso, Tim is indeed teh mans.
I like what this guy has to say. You're going to need to manage you BR in some way if you want to show a long-term profit. If you keep playing outside bankroll limits, you will go broke many times.
!

Terrible players are always making donktastic plays and getting amazingly lucky to win tournaments. Someone has to do that in cash games too. Lucky for your friend, it's him. Also, some people have to be rivered every all in hand they play, to even out that luck in the poker world for people like Tim. That's where I come in. You're welcome. :club:

Terrible players are always making donktastic plays and getting amazingly lucky to win tournaments. Someone has to do that in cash games too. Lucky for your friend, it's him. Also, some people have to be rivered every all in hand they play, to even out that luck in the poker world for people like Tim. That's where I come in. You're welcome. :club:
Yeah, it's luck Jo. Is that why the same five guys make it to the final table of the world series of poker EVERY year?