Bankroll Management Genius

Terrible players are always making donktastic plays and getting amazingly lucky to win tournaments. Someone has to do that in cash games too. Lucky for your friend, it's him. Also, some people have to be rivered every all in hand they play, to even out that luck in the poker world for people like Tim. That's where I come in. You're welcome. :club:
Wha na na.I actually kinda get what OP is saying. I'm a similar player......but I think what is most relevant is that I'm guessing that the guy's entire bankroll isn't on the site. So if he loses his 50-100 bucks, he can always re-up it.I definitely play well out of normal BR mgmt levels, but while I may expose myself to variance more, it exposes me on both sides of the curve. I don't think it's luck. It surely COULD be luck....but I employ a similar strategy, and over the long run I stay a micro profit player, even though I'm playing macro value tournies, relative to my BR. I could prolly take a lot more time and have this make a lot more sense, but suffice it to say it does to me.
Now i have a friend, lets call him Tim, and Tim doesn't like bankroll management.All right so let's say Tim manages to quadruple his stack in 3 days. Can happen right, a good run, but he's bound to lose it again.Tim didn't lose, Tim withdrew all in time and got a huge boost to his salary that month.Ok this happens too, quit while you'r ahead. Tim was a smart player so far, he got lucky and ran out with a huge profit.Or so i would have you believe.
Hes talking about me.. Not joking, we know each other irl.
Extremely suspicious. Sounds like you two would have mentioned knowing each other in one of your combined six previous posts.
Really sad you didn't stick much more online and make a huge score with your good running.Oh well.
If you stick around though, you are subject to the downswing of the variance. I don't know if I can just kill the 10-20 buck SnG's and HU games or if I just play great cards when I'm way under rolled starting off, or if I always end up starting with a hot hand......but I employ a similar strategy as OP's friend. Granted I typically play through a swing or two (but I always build up my starting roll to a minimum 3-4x before I hit a snag), so I'm not necessarily trying to hit and run like OP's friend, but I'll always w/d before going busto, as to turn a profit for that "session", then I'll take x time off and when I feel like playing again I'll put a small amount back in and go at it again.It's the luxury a casual player can do that pro grinder cannot....but I don't think it's pure luck by any stretch.
If you stick around though, you are subject to the downswing of the variance. I don't know if I can just kill the 10-20 buck SnG's and HU games or if I just play great cards when I'm way under rolled starting off, or if I always end up starting with a hot hand......but I employ a similar strategy as OP's friend. Granted I typically play through a swing or two (but I always build up my starting roll to a minimum 3-4x before I hit a snag), so I'm not necessarily trying to hit and run like OP's friend, but I'll always w/d before going busto, as to turn a profit for that "session", then I'll take x time off and when I feel like playing again I'll put a small amount back in and go at it again.It's the luxury a casual player can do that pro grinder cannot....but I don't think it's pure luck by any stretch.
Phenomenon name: "newdepositrungood"
Phenomenon name: "newdepositrungood"
Yeah, I've heard much speculation about that too :)If it's true, then I'm maximizing the system by going over my roll!!!! Hah.

Oh hi guise...Well thanks for the rare useful reply here and there, and the rest of you, you did made me laugh, BUT...... It's the jokers like you who always seem to have position on me, always make huge bets, think it's all a joke, and still crack my aces with that J9o.what do you have to say to THAT?PokerCat.jpgHappy Caturday

PokerCat.jpgHappy Caturday
This.
Wha na na.I actually kinda get what OP is saying. I'm a similar player......but I think what is most relevant is that I'm guessing that the guy's entire bankroll isn't on the site. So if he loses his 50-100 bucks, he can always re-up it.I definitely play well out of normal BR mgmt levels, but while I may expose myself to variance more, it exposes me on both sides of the curve. I don't think it's luck. It surely COULD be luck....but I employ a similar strategy, and over the long run I stay a micro profit player, even though I'm playing macro value tournies, relative to my BR. I could prolly take a lot more time and have this make a lot more sense, but suffice it to say it does to me.
WTF DOES THIS MEAN