Just watched the opening scene again between Jacob and Nameless Guy and it was indeed a statue of Sobek (abc.com has the episode available)Looking at the wiki page it is hard to deny it. Holding the same thing in his hand and everything. Interesting with Sobek being a fertility god and there being issues on the island regarding children being born. Makes sense. Now I guess I will go back and read some more on Sobek and see if anything stands out.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobek
I'm on the Sobek bandwagon. Here are a couple of excerpts from the Wiki page write-up:"He was also shown with an ankh, representing his ability to undo evil and so cure ills.""Sobek's ambiguous nature led some Egyptians to believe that he was a repairer of evil that had been done, rather than a force for good in itself, for example, going to Duat to restore damage done to the dead as a result of their form of death. He was also said to call on suitable gods and goddesses required for protecting people in situation, effectively having a more distant role, nudging things along, rather than taking an active part."Very very interesting...
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The head definitely looks like Tawaret but it's all wrong below the neck.Looking at the image and pictures of Sobek, I think that must be it. Here's another interesting tidbit from Wiki about Sobek:"As a creator god, he was occasionally linked with the sun god Ra."Might explain the relationship between Jacob and Richard...Also this:"He was also said to call on suitable gods and goddesses required for protecting people in situation, effectively having a more distant role, nudging things along, rather than taking an active part."Explains why Jacob has been hiding out, using people like Richard and Ben to do his bidding. Not to mention his "use" of the Oceanic 6.

Here is a screen cap I took of the statuesobek.jpgLooking at it more now I am going to rule out Sobek as well. Looking at other sobek statues they mouth is more long and flat. And this surely isn't a bird so it is not Horus and also not Anubis the Jackal.
In that shot it actually does look like a crocodile head to me.

Sick season finale! Ended really well going into the final season.

Weeeeee! :5c:ts:3h:4h:club:

I will have to rewatch it again, but I am pretty sure he TOUCHES every person when he visited them? Off the top of my head, he tapped Kate's nose, grabs Sayid, gives Jack his bar, holds both Sun and Jin's shoulder, but I am unsure about Sawyer and Hurley if someone can help me out. I decided to mention Locke in a different sentence, as it looked to me that Locke was dead until Jakob touched him and he opened his eyes. I mean they DID call it a miracle. It is weird that in all of the flashbacks, Jakob was in it EXCEPT Juliettes....Also, I am thinking that he knew Sayid was going to get hit by the car (did you notice the car sped off, making it look intentional, like a hit was put out on Sayid [maybe Whitmore?]) so he pulled Sayid back.My initial thoughts...(it is 8am and I will be just throwing an idea out there)It is a battle of good versus evil it appears (obviously) and evil can't kill good outright, he needs to have someone do it for him. Maybe Jack dropping the bomb correlates directly to the good versus evil story. Maybe the reason he visited all of them is to turn them on to his side (Without them knowing) so later on down the line he can survive. Dropping the bomb means that none of them come to the island, and if none come to the island, then Locke never meets Ben, and Locke never dies, and the Man in Black can't use Ben to kill Jakob. Since the Losties never make it to the island.So maybe Jakob was recruiting the Losties to help him out? I know there are probably a few holes I will find tomorrow in this but I think it may have some possibility?Other questions...Is that why Richard didn't want anyone going in with the leader? Because maybe the Man in Black has to be present when Jakob dies, but he obviously can't do it himself, so with only one person allowed in at a time, then there is no chance anyone will attack Jakob.Furthering, who IS Richard Alpert? He appears to be a guardian...Angel?Also, where does Whitmore come into play next season?And what the **** is going to happen with the bomb?!?ARGGHHH head asplode!!!!

ABC.com is calling the statue Taweret in its episode recap of the finale: The camera pulls back over the ocean, and we see they were sitting on the base of a giant stone foot. And next to the foot is another foot -- and both feet have four toes. And as the camera pulls back, we see what we've been waiting to see since we first glimpsed that four-toed foot over three years ago... the towering, majestic statue of the Egyptian goddess Taweret. And we clearly know we're a long time ago, so let's get the finale of season five startedand later, Bram looks at the piece of tapestry and sees the Taweret statue on it. He guesses where they're going next.

So in the beginning of the final episode the two guys are watching the Black Rock ship comeing in, and are talking about a 'cycle' about to repeat itself. Then the one guy says he wants to kill the Jacob.So the two of them are manipulating everyone in order to achieve their goals. Which is a pretty cool plot twist to me.The only thing I didn't like was Jack and his change of mind because he blew his shot with Kate?I mean come on, even on a deserted island for a few years I don't see Kate being the girl to give it all up for.And I still want to know what is the deal with arron and the physic back in Australia who told Clair not to have the baby because he was going to be/do something terrible. They built up something that I think they forgot about.

So in the beginning of the final episode the two guys are watching the Black Rock ship comeing in, and are talking about a 'cycle' about to repeat itself. Then the one guy says he wants to kill the Jacob.So the two of them are manipulating everyone in order to achieve their goals. Which is a pretty cool plot twist to me.The only thing I didn't like was Jack and his change of mind because he blew his shot with Kate?I mean come on, even on a deserted island for a few years I don't see Kate being the girl to give it all up for.And I still want to know what is the deal with arron and the physic back in Australia who told Clair not to have the baby because he was going to be/do something terrible. They built up something that I think they forgot about.
No chance. They have a plan for everything.
Let's get a bunch of us rent a house in Vegas for a couple weeks and just watch every episode of LOST together.
We started rewatching season 1 this week. Even some stuff in the pilot are interesting looking at where it is now.
i may have missed something too, but was claire not meant to be in this season?
The Claire plot takes on a whole different meaning now too, doesn't it? We never really knew why Christian was "on the island," and he's the one that seemed to be taking care of Claire. I don't know if the man in black can be more than one person at once (although the Locke seeing himself in the future scene probably means that he can, or maybe it doesn't) but we never knew what happened to her to begin with (right?), and now it's possible that it wasn't even her in those scenes. It all probably has to do with Aaron, but her situation seems even more complicated now.
i may have missed something too, but was claire not meant to be in this season?
She decided she would rather make a Lifetime movie based off a Nora Robert's book.2009-03-18-high-noon.jpg
I'm guessing that she'll be back next season.

I am watching episodes from Season 2. In episode 16, "The Whole Truth," there is at least one error in the subtitles. When the fertility doctor is talking to Sun, he says "You're husband..." THAT SHOULD BE "YOUR," IDIOT.

I am watching episodes from Season 2. In episode 16, "The Whole Truth," there is at least one error in the subtitles. When the fertility doctor is talking to Sun, he says "You're husband..." THAT SHOULD BE "YOUR," IDIOT.
NICE
That's not a mistake. It's a twist that will develop into a major storyline in Season 6. Sun is her own husband.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So now that school is done and I don't have a bunch of lame ass reading to do I decided that since hulu has full seasons of Lost up I would run through them.I have never watched any episode twice so going through them again from the beginning has been fun. I am on Season 2 Ep 7 right now which is the ep detailing the tailies first 48 days.Going through it has been interesting to see how people acted and things that foreshadowed later events. Sometimes I wonder what they made up on the fly and what was in the plans from the start. Right now I am curious about the Walt issue. Season 2 and part of season 1 really emphasized Walt and what he may be but thinking about it, they never really did anything with that. Probably because 10 year olds grow up faster than they realized but I am curious if they will touch on it again, like him being in the jungle whispering backwards to Shannon. Anyway, it's just fun to go back and if people are bored and not in Canada, check out hulu.Edit: and one interesting thing from like the 4th ep was Jack was chasing his "father" through the jungle. Which we now believe to have been smokey. Well Jacks' "father" let Jack off a cliff and almost killed him. Interesting if it was done to try and kill Jack since Jacob allegedly might need Jack to "save him."

• 2 months later...
lost-season-6-poster.jpgThis just in: And the 'Lost' premiere date is...I’ve got a new numbers-related Lost mystery for ya. Anyone know what 02022010 means? I do — it’s the show’s return date!ABC just confirmed that Lost will kick off its sixth and final season with a two-hour premiere on Tuesday, Feb. 2 from 9-11 pm. The requisite recap special will start things off at 8 pm. The following week, Lost will settle into its regular Tuesday-9 pm perch.The ABC press release announcing Lost’s return date also revealed who among the show’s cast will receive full-time, series-regular billing in season 6. And the winners are… Naveen Andrews (Sayid), Nestor Carbonell (Richard), Emilie de Ravin (Claire), Michael Emerson (Ben), Jeff Fahey (Frank) Matthew Fox (Jack), Jorge Garcia (Hurley), Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Daniel Dae Kim (Jin), Yunjin Kim (Sun), Ken Leung (Miles), Evangeline Lilly (Kate), Terry O’Quinn (Locke), and Zuleikha Robinson (Ilana).Not mentioned in the press release, but confirmed to return on a guest-star and/or recurring basis, are Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet), Ian Somerhalder (Boone), Rebecca Mader (Charlotte), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie), Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond), and Katey Sagal (Helen). That list will no doubt grow as the season progresses.