Except I don't think it's going to happen. They're going to end up in the present (2007 or whatever) at the end of the next episode or two. That's my prediction.
Present should be 2010 since they arrived on the island in 2007 and then there was the 3 years passed for all of them.
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's what I was saying above. It seems to make the most sense, at least if we're using coherence with respect to time-travel plots as the critical lens. The Greeks have been pulling this stuff since the 500s BC, when Sophocles was using prophecy and fate to get Oedipus to tragically bone his own moms. I especially like what the writers did with Farraday's narrowly escaping death at the hands of the Dharmans, only to have him murdered by his own mother, which I thought was cool for two primary reasons:1) Daniel states that he "got lucky," since the bullet just grazed him. In Ancient Greek art, a common maxim was "no man should be considered fortunate until he is dead." Farraday dies, terribly and alone, when he realizes right before his passing that his own mother sent him knowingly and willfully to his death.2) It's an interesting reversal of the Oedipal myth. Oedipus was sent away by his father, because Oedipus was fated to murder his father and marry his mother. Daniel was sent BACK to the island by his father, so he could be murdered by his mother. I usually try to stay away from LOSTian analysis, since I just like to watch and have fun, but this episode was too fascinating, and happened to be right in my mythological wheelhouse.
hmm...I studied roman and greek mythology and never really thought of it that way. I think the lack of warriors and raping/pillaging kind've changes things.however, stylistically I understand what you're saying. but who knows. I don't get to see previews but I'd imagine we're ready to go back to Locke, present Ben storyline. you'd think that these two parties will meet again somehow.
No, it was 2004
I stand corrected.very confusing for me because I went to the future myself. I took flight AC007 and suddenly warped 12-hours ahead!! crazy stuff. true story.
I just wanted to say I would, in order, do horrible things to the following characters:1) Penny2) Juliette3) Jin's Wife4) KateAlso, half the actors aren't even trying anymore.
Agree with both those statements. Matthew Fox seriously looks like he doesnt want to be there anymore (feeling is mutual, I assure you, Matt!).
You're all wrong. Jack is going to figure out how to put a flux compasitor into one of the VW buses and then they'll use lightning to generate the 1.21 gigawatts necessary to get them back to the future. Solved.
It would be beyond awesome if they had to tie that back in there.. Like it's something Hurley suggests (cuz Hurley is a man of the people) and they find out in Daniel's notes that was his master plan all along.
Crap, you're right. That's a bit of a flaw in the plan.
there seems to be no shortage of hills and valleys on the island.. *all you need to do is believe!*
Am I the only one that thinks Penny is butt-ugly?
Troymac--- say it isn't so! you have demonstrated excellent taste in the past. She is very attractive. I haven't even addressed the fact she has an ass on her chest--- love her!
Troymac--- say it isn't so! you have demonstrated excellent taste in the past. She is very attractive. I haven't even addressed the fact she has an ass on her chest--- love her!
Dude I'm attracted to ****ing everything. I'd bang Hurley, but Penny is UGGO!
Agree with both those statements. Matthew Fox seriously looks like he doesnt want to be there anymore (feeling is mutual, I assure you, Matt!).
But don't you think that may be the state-of-mind of his character? I do wish Jack was more like the leader than the bummed out drunk dude but this could be the lull before he becomes a big part of the story again.
Am I the only one that thinks Penny is butt-ugly?
it may be the fact she is crying half the time. but I disagree...if you ever see her on CSI: NY she is a voluptuous hottie.

btw, thought I'd throw this out there.Loving the actor who plays Sawyer and think he'd do well in other roles as well. heard he was cast for Gambit but something happened so it was a no go. Sawyer would have been SO much better than the actual Gambit who looked kind've ghey IMO.but I was thinking...if you ever had to replace Jack Bauer in 24 I think Sawyer could pull it off. especially if they killed Jack this season and then went back in time where it followed Jack in some other scenario and introduced Sawyer as some other character. hmm...I should really google to find out Sawyer's real name. and no, I don't mean James.

Dude I'm attracted to ****ing everything. I'd bang Hurley, but Penny is UGGO!
lol-- too funny but you are just a money whore! You are just after Hugo's lottery money--- gold diggerhaven't seen CSI NEW YORK-- anyone have a link? check out hbo's tell me you love me for Penny's "full" body of work! nice-if anyone needs a lost fix and found a site with lost quizes:http://www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/televisio...ed_quizzes.htmlgood time killer
check out hbo's tell me you love me for Penny's "full" body of work! nice-
This is the correct answer......I could not remember the name of that show.

Ok I just finished watching from the Pilot to Dead Daniel in the past few weeks. How come no one told me how good this show was before now?

If 5 year old Alex had the same power over Ben that dead Alex hasRichard: Ben, you've been pushing her on the swing for two hours now.Ben: I realize that, Richard.Richard: There are important things that need your attention.Ben: THE ISLAND wants me to do this.Alex: weeeeeRichard:Ben: Jacob, told me to do it. If you don't like it then go talk to him.Richard: [walking away/muttering] It was never like this on the Black RockBen: What? Richard: Huh? Ben: What?LOST
Awesome.
Ok I just finished watching from the Pilot to Dead Daniel in the past few weeks. How come no one told me how good this show was before now?
I no right? omg!!!!
I no right? omg!!!!
I'm a little choked, because I was deliberately waiting for the show to finish before watching (or actually even learning anything about it, beyond the fact that an island was involved), and I thought this was the last season. I was most of the way through season 2 when I found out I was a year early.
Dude I'm attracted to ****ing everything.
Damn, now I don't feel special anymore.
That is an impressive amount of television watching, I commend you. And, welcome aboard.

What a good episode.So, here's a question. Is there a monster in the 70's version of the island yet? Do we have confirmation of its existence in the past yet?I have a feeling that it's going to come up in terms of the Jack/H-bomb situation.