My theory (just a gut feeling) -

it is the hydrogen bomb that creates the problem at the Swan - it doesn't prevent it. They have to do Faraday's theory to set everything in motion. I also get the sense that Jack has figured this out, based on his comment about trusting Eloise.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add this young-ish Eloise to the bang list.
yep--- whoever does the casting is a sicko---- Daniel's mother sure is a milf!It was very intersting during the entire episode that RA, I mean Richard, has no idea what is going on. He was certainly not very knowledgeable for a god or an advisor.It was pretty funny when he said he was glad that Locke didn't die. He was like me and the show title: LOST!

it is the hydrogen bomb that creates the problem at the Swan - it doesn't prevent it. They have to do Faraday's theory to set everything in motion. I also get the sense that Jack has figured this out, based on his comment about trusting Eloise.

That definitely sounds plausible.

I just get the sense that Jack is doing things ON PURPOSE for the wrong reasons. For example, why would he trust Eloise just because she gets them back to the island 30 years later? If the "plan" works and none of this "happened", then it wouldn't matter becasue the future would be different.I also think that the "plan" won't work because they've already been in the future, so it's now their past and I really doubt that, no matter what temporal manipulations occur, whatever happened has happened and you can't erase that. Anyone who thinks they'll end up on the plane landing in LA should go to the back of the class, imo.

As for Richard, I think he doesn't know everything, but he does know a lot more than he's admitting to. He may just be the biggest proponent of destiny on the island.

I also think that the "plan" won't work because they've already been in the future, so it's now their past and I really doubt that, no matter what temporal manipulations occur, whatever happened has happened and you can't erase that. Anyone who thinks they'll end up on the plane landing in LA should go to the back of the class, imo.

I raised this issue in my April 30, 8:26 am post:"It doesn't make sense. Their present is the 1970's. If they prevent the hatch from being built and prevent the plane from crashing, they're all still going to be stuck on the island in the 1970's. And if they're stuck on the island in the 1970's, they won't be getting on the plane 30 years from now (then) anyway."

I had a feeling that Lock wanted to go and kill Jacob, not sure why. RA's comments to Ben about Lock being more of a problem than he anticipated, were very interesting. Great episode, it answered a few things and created tons of more questions.

If there is a Jakob, it probably ends up being one of the current cast members. Who do we think it is? There might be a clue in the name, but -- if so -- I don't know what it is. And, yeah, no way they end up fixing stuff. So far, everything that's happened has been consistent with the future from which the 815ers came.

The one problem with the proposed plan is that nobody would survive the detonation of a hydrogen bomb on the island. The island would be incinerated, along with everyone and everything on it.
The one problem with the proposed plan is that nobody would survive the detonation of a hydrogen bomb on the island. The island would be incinerated, along with everyone and everything on it.
Locke was killed but is still alive.Tons of people survived a plane crash.Several of those people are living 30 years in the past.Richard Alpert hasn't aged in who knows how long.I'd say the usual rules don't apply.

Enjoying it. I don't get into the deep discussions, I just sit back and watch but my biggest question or biggest thing I am curious to know more about is what/who is Richard.

If there is a Jakob, it probably ends up being one of the current cast members. Who do we think it is? There might be a clue in the name, but -- if so -- I don't know what it is. And, yeah, no way they end up fixing stuff. So far, everything that's happened has been consistent with the future from which the 815ers came.
I think it's

Jack. Let's see, his father AND his sister are in the cabin. Jack-Jacob, kinda iffy but you could say Jack could be phonetically short for Jacob.

Locke was killed but is still alive.Tons of people survived a plane crash.Several of those people are living 30 years in the past.Richard Alpert hasn't aged in who knows how long.I'd say the usual rules don't apply.
Point taken.As for Jacob, I'm thinking he's Richard.
I am thinking the H-Bomb may have something to do with the Key the Desmond turned in season 3 that blew up the hatch.
Wouldn't that have killed them all? That is a pretty large bomb. That would not be realistic. Wait...what?
jacob (supposedly) was shown briefly in season 3 episode 20 and it was a different actor.
I thought that was Christian (jack's father) who flashed in the chair where Jacob was supposed to be. It could be him.

It's pretty obvious nothing is going to be saved, etc. We are just going to get to see how everything came to be and the last pieces of the puzzle.

Also, I had a bet with a friend from a few weeks ago that they are not going to travel back to the present. After this week we doubled it. What side do you guys like?

Also, I had a bet with a friend from a few weeks ago that they are not going to travel back to the present. After this week we doubled it. What side do you guys like?
I think that they are all going to be reunited in the present;.
I think that they are all going to be reunited in the present;.
What he said.I think Jin and Jun end up together for sure. Now whether that is the past or present is another question.