******official Super Bowl Xliii Thread******

If you think any of those teams are in the same cat as the Steelers than wow. Also NFC is pretty weak.Ravens would have destroyed anyone that showed up from NFC and they were 6th seed.Atlanta- Matt Ryan in last four games was like 4td to 12 ints give or take. Premature Rookie of yr. Flacco obv.CArolina-Jon Fox and Jake enough saidEagles-Andy Reid and an old ass defense.I'm a steelers fan so take this FWIW but, the NFC was def weaker than AFC and has been for sometime now overall.
I never said those teams were better than Pitt. I'm just saying that AZ was overlooked their previous 3 games by a lot of fans and I think they deserve some respect.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he will have just as many super bowl rings as Golden boy Tom Brady. Not everyone can be as good as ELI OR PEYTON...Oh wait he will have more superbowl wins then them as well and thats all that matters.
This sounds an awful lot like what Philly fans were saying last week. Also :club: if you think Ben is as good as Brady or P. Manning.
Yup it does...and their defense is amazing. I def don't think they are one of the worst overall teams or anything...they deserve to be here as much as anyone this season. Just painful to watch their offense operate sometimes.I'll give the worst super bowl team ever to the 2007 giants.
LOL. Such a Jets fan. I can think of like 8 teams off the top of my head that were in the Super Bowl that were worse than Giants by leaps and bounds. (Note: it hinders your argument when the team you claim is the worst ever in a Super Bowl beat a team IN that Super Bowl that was previously 18-0.)The "gold" standard imo = 1994 Chargers.
LOL. Such a Jets fan. I can think of like 8 teams off the top of my head that were in the Super Bowl that were worse than Giants by leaps and bounds. (Note: it hinders your argument when the team you claim is the worst ever in a Super Bowl beat a team IN that Super Bowl that was previously 18-0.)The "gold" standard imo = 1994 Chargers.
Except for the fact that it's statistically true the Giants were the worst in many ways.
  • 2 weeks later...

Madden NFL 09 Predicts Next Championhttp://www.fanhouse.com/news/superbowl/ea-...6325x1201161811According to the award-winning video game, the Pittsburgh Steelers will win an unprecedented sixth Super Bowl title in a tightly contested game against the Arizona Cardinals, by a final score of 28-24. Holding off a fourth-quarter comeback by the Cardinals, the Steelers bring the Vince Lombardi trophy back to the Steel City for the second time in the past four years and for a sixth time in franchise history, setting an NFL record.Madden NFL 09 is the most authentic and adaptable game in sports video game history, and utilizing each team’s current roster and the latest player statistics, EA SPORTS matched the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals in a simulation of Super Bowl XLIII. Ben Roethlisberger threw for three touchdowns and was named the Super Bowl MVP; joining teammate Hines Ward who was the Super Bowl XL MVP. Steelers coach, Mike Tomlin, became the youngest coach in NFL history to win a Super Bowl, at the age of 36. The start of Super Bowl XLIII became a defensive struggle, but Pittsburgh put the first points up with a 10-yard touchdown reception to Santonio Holmes, with less than two minutes left in the first quarter. The Cardinals returned the favor with their reinvigorated running game as Edgerrin James diced through the vaunted Steelers defense with 8-yard touchdown run, near the start of the second quarter. Pittsburgh, showing great balance, quickly swung the momentum in their favor with two consecutive touchdowns – a 10-yard scamper by "Fast" Willie Parker, and a 13-yard strike to Hines Ward. The Steelers headed into halftime with a 21-7 lead and the rout appeared to be on.Despite their high-powered air attack, Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt, kept to the successful running attack as the third quarter opened. The Cardinals made a statement as again they punctured the Steel Curtain with an Edgerrin James 14-yard touchdown run, drawing the score to 21-14. The Steelers, unfazed, looked like they had potentially put the Cards down for good with Santonio Holmes' second touchdown reception. At the close of the third quarter, the score was 28-14 in favor of Pittsburgh.Taking a page from the Steelers defense, the Cardinals held tough and would not surrender any additional points. This coupled with Pro-Bowl receiver, Larry Fitzgerald's 15-yard touchdown catch midway through the 4th, brought the Cards within seven points. Neil Rackers added a 45-yard field goal with 3:15 remaining in the game, closing the gap to 28-24. On the following possession, Pittsburgh was able to break through for a few first downs, leaving the Arizona comeback short. Super Bowl XLIII kicks off Sunday, February 1 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla.

Pitt's offense is terrible, only 27+ pts in 5 of 18 games this year. And Zona's D is playing really well, forcing turnovers.THen, on the other side of the ball, Zona's offense is hot, going against the Steeler D, who's been hot all year. But when you look at schemes, Zona handles the blitz better than any team in the NFL, and the CB's of the Steelers play off the ball, especially when blitzing. THats asking for Kurt Warner to pick you apart.I think the Cardinals win this game outright, but I'm for sure taking the points. Cards 27, Steelers 23.

I think the 2 week layover will hamper any "hot" streaks and boil it down to who is the better team. Steelers cover 34-23.
I will agree that the Cards would have had a better chance of winning last Sunday.so far the Zona D looks atrocious. If pitt gets a big lead, they can tee off with their pass rush and blitz. Warner is in major trouble then.

WooooooowI just tuned in about 10 minutes ago. This thing got really exciting really fast. The safety and then then the touchdown. 2:30 left. If Arizona can hold, it'll be the biggest comeback in superbowl history.

First off, get the fuck out of here with that "its all Larry FitzGerald" bullshit. Because thats what it is, bullshit. Kurt Waner makes Larry Fitzgerald. Plain and simple. Black and White. Easy as that. Larry will be out of the league five minutes after Warner ascends into heaven, guarenteed. Warners pocket presence and touch are what make Fitzgerald possible. Replace Fitzgerald with any reciever in the nfl and Warner will make a God out of him as well. And Kurt "The Immortal" Warner will be playing for at least the next ten years. Guy is a fucking stallion. A purebred of royal lineage. Guy will be slinging TD passes when my unborn kids are in college probably. So you're just plain wrong on that one. I'd start my franchise with Kurt any day of the week. And so would anyone else who knows anything about football, about life, and about liberty. Because if you dont understand Kurt Warner, you dont understand freedom.GOOD DAY.