The 3rd Annual F C P Golf And Poker Tourney!

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right.First I think we need to change the golf to a full scramble. Have a buy in for prizes etc. Blind draws based on handicaps etc.Too many non golfers who would have a much better time if it was a scramble, plus we could get around much faster. Every year we seem to lose the fire on the back nine, to say nothing of the number of balls lost.Second Checky should not be allowed to play golf, but he can be the cart girlThird Cubsfan44 should not be allowed to play the poker tournament, but he can be the water girlFourth I'll bring cigars

why...in the name of ZEUS'S BUTTHOLE!!!! WASN'T I AUTOMATICALLY PLACED ON THOSE LISTS!?!?ill be thereand yeah:Fiji_water_1.jpg
^ Everything he said, to a T.S#!t, I organized the effing poker tourney (with copernicus, anyway) and more importantly, the Fiji-themed dinner! :club: That said, I am happy to see: a) Scott is organizing everything; 2) Monte Carlo is not included in any way shape or form (f*ckers dumped our ad services last year) and c) Chrozzo still has dibs on my extra set of clubs, plus the 20-some-odd golf balls I'm going to have to scrounge up for him again this year since he completely decimated the stash last year.Thanks Scott...already looking forward to bettering my 5th place finish (and I believe my 2nd place finish in golf behind Ozi)!-Pots
All right.First I think we need to change the golf to a full scramble. Have a buy in for prizes etc. Blind draws based on handicaps etc.Too many non golfers who would have a much better time if it was a scramble, plus we could get around much faster. Every year we seem to lose the fire on the back nine, to say nothing of the number of balls lost.
Then I would never get to play my own ball, like ever.... I don't mind playing slow. The reason it took so long was the course for sure. I've played around here and never had it take more than like 4 1/2 hours probably. It took us 6 at Badlands. That's all course right there. Anyway.... Should be in for both. Just need dates and money. But we were already semi planning on coming out around May 27/28 or so, since I figure it'll probably start like a day earlier than last year. Hopefully I'm right, since Brig held those days for vacation.
^ Everything he said, to a T.S#!t, I organized the effing poker tourney (with copernicus, anyway) and more importantly, the Fiji-themed dinner! :club: That said, I am happy to see: a) Scott is organizing everything; 2) Monte Carlo is not included in any way shape or form (f*ckers dumped our ad services last year) and c) Chrozzo still has dibs on my extra set of clubs, plus the 20-some-odd golf balls I'm going to have to scrounge up for him again this year since he completely decimated the stash last year.Thanks Scott...already looking forward to bettering my 5th place finish (and I believe my 2nd place finish in golf behind Ozi)!-Pots
hehehehe....so true!someone should look into Delmonico for dinner....mmmmmm
All right.First I think we need to change the golf to a full scramble. Have a buy in for prizes etc. Blind draws based on handicaps etc.Too many non golfers who would have a much better time if it was a scramble, plus we could get around much faster. Every year we seem to lose the fire on the back nine, to say nothing of the number of balls lost.Second Checky should not be allowed to play golf, but he can be the cart girlThird Cubsfan44 should not be allowed to play the poker tournament, but he can be the water girlFourth I'll bring cigars
I agree with everything in this statement except the handicaps. I would bet half the people playing have no clue their handicap and don't play regularly enough to have one.
I agree with everything in this statement except the handicaps. I would bet half the people playing have no clue their handicap and don't play regularly enough to have one.
Then we give them a 30 handicap.I for one would love to see 2 30 handicaps, an 18 and a 12 handicap knock the crap out of the course after adjustments and get the full bragging rights that goes with winning. Especially if I am that 12 handicap...

A scramble with teams set up by handicap is a great idea. Simply appoint the best handicaps as captains. We could even hold a draft, and then have some prop bets...

A scramble with teams set up by handicap is a great idea. Simply appoint the best handicaps as captains. We could even hold a draft, and then have some prop bets...
I am seeing some potential here... :club::ts:4h:5c:3h :icon_dance:Top 10 players get to name their teams, side betssmack talkbegging to be on Oz's teamThis could be super duper thread of the year!

Better yet...$100 to buy the rights to captain a team. Money goes in prize poolThen trades...Sell seats to be on my teamShirts printed upchecky being picked lastPure GOLD

Golf-Angel Park isn't too hard and the price is probably right.Poker tournament, Hard Rock Poker Room. -Nice
Hopefully my schedule permits...count me in.

I don't know whether I'll be able to afford to play with you high rollers, but I should be moving to south central CA in a couple of months, and I'd love to make it out to this if I could for both the golf and the poker.

Hopefully my schedule permits...count me in.
Anyone with golfer in their name (or Ozium for that matter) don't get to decide what courses aren't hard :club:.

For someone who is really horrible at golf I really like the idea of a scramble. I hate holding people up because I am so horrible. And Kurt, unless you like hitting from behind trees who cares if you never get to play your ball?

Better yet...$100 to buy the rights to captain a team. Money goes in prize poolThen trades...Sell seats to be on my teamShirts printed upchecky being picked lastPure GOLD
In for T-shirts!!
For someone who is really horrible at golf I really like the idea of a scramble. I hate holding people up because I am so horrible. And Kurt, unless you like hitting from behind trees who cares if you never get to play your ball?
Well, I planned on practicing a little before I go. But a team challenge sounds kinda fun too. I mean... TSHIRTS!!
In for T-shirts!!Well, I planned on practicing a little before I go. But a team challenge sounds kinda fun too. I mean... TSHIRTS!!
No T-Shirts allowed on the golf course. Proper attire please...
I will likely play both golf and the tournament.Don't count on me to buy the wine...unless I can defend my title at next month's WSOP Circuit Main Event in Tunica!
In that case, I hope for your sake, you *DO* buy the wine...Good luck in Tunica: go for the repeat!