The 3rd Annual F C P Golf And Poker Tourney!

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, true. I want him in my group so any time after that he talks trash about my age I only have to say one word.........GOLF.
Just for this, I will be hiring a full golf coach effective immediately.

I guess if I do go I'll just hack it up at the course since I'm not allowed to play in the WSOP. Put me down as a maybe for golf until I find out for sure. I to had to ask the boss lady and she said as long as I win enough before then because nothing is coming out of the savings or checking account for this trip.

A scramble with teams set up by handicap is a great idea. Simply appoint the best handicaps as captains. We could even hold a draft, and then have some prop bets...
sure...as long i am on Anthonys team again...and this year i am using sunscreen

hey I hope all of you are well hung over so it will be easy to take the tourney lollgdrunkcoast450.jpg

:club:
you would see it that way lol, the drunken hung over looooooooool, grocey that mind of yours is always in the gutterwhere it belongs in this.2779120217_59bd5af7e7.jpg

I am so looking forward to this, I had so much fun last year, except for the sunburn. I might debut a new hair color to go with my current faux hawk. We shall see. Oh, and I haven't had a vodka and redbull since that trip. That's pretty much all I drank for 4 days straight. Oh, and Fiji water. I second Delmonico, if it's possible.

I am the worst golfer on this forum, hands down, no doubt about it, but I'll try to make it for both.
Skill not required....but a quick lesson would not hurt either! :ts
This. I reallllllllly hope to make it this year.
dooooo it
I will likely play both golf and the tournament.Don't count on me to buy the wine...unless I can defend my title at next month's WSOP Circuit Main Event in Tunica!
lol. gl gl!
This^^I'd love to go though. I put it on my wish list after reading the threads last year. Plus I heard there was teabagging.
chamomile?
I am interested definetely and will try to make it.
GO TORONTO
All right.First I think we need to change the golf to a full scramble. Have a buy in for prizes etc. Blind draws based on handicaps etc.Too many non golfers who would have a much better time if it was a scramble, plus we could get around much faster. Every year we seem to lose the fire on the back nine, to say nothing of the number of balls lost.Second Checky should not be allowed to play golf, but he can be the cart girlThird Cubsfan44 should not be allowed to play the poker tournament, but he can be the water girlFourth I'll bring cigars
I like the scramble idea....a lot.
^ Everything he said, to a T.S#!t, I organized the effing poker tourney (with copernicus, anyway) and more importantly, the Fiji-themed dinner! :club: That said, I am happy to see: a) Scott is organizing everything; 2) Monte Carlo is not included in any way shape or form (f*ckers dumped our ad services last year) and c) Chrozzo still has dibs on my extra set of clubs, plus the 20-some-odd golf balls I'm going to have to scrounge up for him again this year since he completely decimated the stash last year.Thanks Scott...already looking forward to bettering my 5th place finish (and I believe my 2nd place finish in golf behind Ozi)!-Pots
Sorry for the lack of props Pots! Have not even thought about dinner... maybe we could all crash a buffet or have burgers right at the course immediately after the round? If we learned nothing from last year, organizing a large group in good restaurants is a COLOSSAL pain in the ass.The poker will likely not be the same day, so I'm guessing golf and eats....then poker the next day. Save the nights for rest and or partying/real poker.
Then I would never get to play my own ball, like ever.... I don't mind playing slow. The reason it took so long was the course for sure. I've played around here and never had it take more than like 4 1/2 hours probably. It took us 6 at Badlands. That's all course right there. Anyway.... Should be in for both. Just need dates and money. But we were already semi planning on coming out around May 27/28 or so, since I figure it'll probably start like a day earlier than last year. Hopefully I'm right, since Brig held those days for vacation.
I hear ya Kurt, but a scramble really would be a lot of fun.
Then we give them a 30 handicap.I for one would love to see 2 30 handicaps, an 18 and a 12 handicap knock the crap out of the course after adjustments and get the full bragging rights that goes with winning. Especially if I am that 12 handicap...
A scramble with teams set up by handicap is a great idea. Simply appoint the best handicaps as captains. We could even hold a draft, and then have some prop bets...
I am seeing some potential here... :club::ts:4h:5c:3h :icon_dance:Top 10 players get to name their teams, side betssmack talkbegging to be on Oz's teamThis could be super duper thread of the year!
Better yet...$100 to buy the rights to captain a team. Money goes in prize poolThen trades...Sell seats to be on my teamShirts printed upchecky being picked lastPure GOLD
all that ^
Hopefully my schedule permits...count me in.
woo hoo! btw, Angel Park is one of the courses. I've talked to them and they seem very accommodating to the idea
For someone who is really horrible at golf I really like the idea of a scramble. I hate holding people up because I am so horrible. And Kurt, unless you like hitting from behind trees who cares if you never get to play your ball?
I just looked up what a scramble is. Intriguing...
it's a great time. Really gets the whole team thing going.
No T-Shirts allowed on the golf course. Proper attire please...
If everyone is playing skins how are you going to be able to tell the teams apart? Half need to wear shirts.
Skins for the wins!

I love scrambles. I get to hit from the fairway and put for birdies when normally it's from behind a tree or for an 8. I actually think I suggested it last year.

I may be in for the poker tourney. I probably won't know until May.
Sweet! I love freerolls!
count me in on both i had so much fun last year
You're on my team again.
also im totally dead money in the tournament since ill be wasted from golf
You lasted pretty long last time, but man, I don't know how.
and this year i am using sunscreen
I used it, but apparently not enough on my head. I might have hair again by then though.
i say after golf we go over to the Sahara (where i stay for free bc i know ppl) and ridiculous amounts of McEWANS while eating burgers and playing $5 craps!!!!
I'm easy to please. But if we want burgers, I have yet to go to Burger Bar at Mandalay.... I'd like to try it, I hear the beer selection is decent too.
I'm easy to please. But if we want burgers, I have yet to go to Burger Bar at Mandalay.... I'd like to try it, I hear the beer selection is decent too.
Awesome Burgers ! Chrozzo enjoyed the beer also.
good idea!
Awesome Burgers ! Chrozzo enjoyed the beer also.
YES!!! Was a nice lunch with you, scott and zach!even had Delirium!
Sounds like a vote to me. I mean who needs $100 dinners?
werd....a $14 bison burger with swiss and caramaleized onions.....then you have $86 left for premium beers!!!!im in!!!BB it is!(right before the tourney at Mandalay Bay possibly?) (hint hint)
YES!!! Was a nice lunch with you, scott and zach!even had Delirium!
I don't think I told this story yet....I went to this bar with my friend who is a fancy beer snob. He made me try all these fancy belgium winter ale's and they actually weren't bad. I mean I never drink beer, but they were pretty decent, reminded me of wine.I had a Delerium Winter ale, and it was probably my favorite, so after trying like 5 or 6 different Ales and Porters mostly, I ended up ending the night getting my own glass of Delirium Tremens, and it wasn't bad really. So yeah... I can actually drink beer if it's good enough. Amazing.