The 3rd Annual F C P Golf And Poker Tourney!

So how many people are in for these ideas?Captains of teams, paying $? for the team franchise. We'll see how many players to determine how many teams, and have an auction to buy the franchises. First auction of the first draft pick franchise etc.Everyone list your handicap, maybe a reason why you should be pickedCaptains have a draw for the draft, each picking one person.Take a day break for full thread enjoyment of posturing smack talk, then reverse draft picking order.Repeat for 4 days until foursomes are fullThen have a trade option until the tournament, posting scores of rounds you've played ( unless you live in Canada / north east US, in which case you can't golf because your balls would freeze.....to the tee)Team's responsible for color coordinating your teams, keeping within the dress code of the golf course.Then sell mulligans at the course, use the money for prizes1st place gets 50% and a trophy2nd gets 30% 3rd gets 20%Just like a SnGHave an awards luncheon at the golf course, checky buys lunch (or we can go through the whole credit card roulette game and still make checky pay)Poker tournament that night Dinner the next night at a nice restaurant
Even for a golfer this is a lot of rules but hell, if you know what you're talking about (franchises?) and can 'splain it, I'm down. Generally I'd say run it like a charity tourney...scramble...buy mulligans beforehand...prizes for closest to pin and longest putt...booby prize for worst team score, etc.
  • Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preliminary GOLF ListNutzOziumrulesLoismustdieBalloon GuyNavybuttonschgocubs99cubsfan44checkymcfoldAAsnake88Merby ?NoSup4Ugrocery money ?r0llin_game ?RDogvegasguyPM Jackson ?The Lobster ?King Tanner ?ChrozzoPack149El Guapo ?king 1305?GeneralGeeWhiz ?monixoutsider13serge ?PotsiePSuited Upleftygolfer ?TheCinciKid ?MJINK3 ?cardcoreTHIS LIST IWW GOSTAGS.(You my boy, Blue! You my BOY!)Preliminary Poker Tourney ListNutzOziumrulesLoismustdieBalloon GuyNavybuttonschgocubs99cubsfan44checkymcfoldAAsnake88Merby ?NoSup4U ?grocery money ?r0llin_game ?rcgs59RDogvegasguyvbnautilus ?PM Jackson ?The Lobster ?King Tanner ?ChrozzoPack149El Guapo ?king 1305 ?GeneralGeeWhiz ?monixoutsider13serge?PotsiePSuited Upleftygolfer ?TheCinciKid ?cardcoreTHIS LIST IWW ZACH6668.(Need more online mobnies, obv.)
In credit card roulette?No one loses to checkyeverHe runs worse than Captain Dan after Vietnam
i've sworn off that devil game for the rest of my life. i'll just book the 3k in overall losses and move on as best i can.oh, and i'm also kinda vehemently against the scramble idea, though it's not like i'm out if we decide to do it. i don't really get to play good courses very often, and i really like knowing how i manage on em, even though i shot my worst round since 9th grade last time i did this, lol. i'm also no longer anywhere near the 6 handicap that my usga card says i am and i don't really have a good way of measuring my handicap, except that we all know obama got elected through my golf bet with BG in 06, so i'm better than him.
i've sworn off that devil game for the rest of my life. i'll just book the 3k in overall losses and move on as best i can.oh, and i'm also kinda vehemently against the scramble idea, though it's not like i'm out if we decide to do it. i don't really get to play good courses very often, and i really like knowing how i manage on em, even though i shot my worst round since 9th grade last time i did this, lol. i'm also no longer anywhere near the 6 handicap that my usga card says i am and i don't really have a good way of measuring my handicap, except that we all know obama got elected through my golf bet with BG in 06, so i'm better than him.
Your short, ugly and suck at poker. There's your handicap.
all three of these are compliments coming from you, the only person to ever get checkraised at night baseball in the history of the world.
all three of these are compliments coming from you, the only person to ever get checkraised at night baseball in the history of the world.
Cause I still didn't even flip my cards yet.
That was a ****ing sweet pot too. 110 bb's or so from one hand. c/r gallo every possible betting round, weeeeeee
That was a ****ing sweet pot too. 110 bb's or so from one hand. c/r gallo every possible betting round, weeeeeee
And I NEVER folded!! I probably should have.

Gallo What happen to respect your raises loland when we play the poker tournament put me on the same table as Getsprung. :club:

OH MY DEAR GOD!!!!they have McEwans on tap there now!!!!im going tomorrow!!!
[x] mandalay burger bar[ ] fiji
yum
So how many people are in for these ideas?Captains of teams, paying $? for the team franchise. We'll see how many players to determine how many teams, and have an auction to buy the franchises. First auction of the first draft pick franchise etc.Everyone list your handicap, maybe a reason why you should be pickedCaptains have a draw for the draft, each picking one person.Take a day break for full thread enjoyment of posturing smack talk, then reverse draft picking order.Repeat for 4 days until foursomes are fullThen have a trade option until the tournament, posting scores of rounds you've played ( unless you live in Canada / north east US, in which case you can't golf because your balls would freeze.....to the tee)Team's responsible for color coordinating your teams, keeping within the dress code of the golf course.Then sell mulligans at the course, use the money for prizes1st place gets 50% and a trophy2nd gets 30% 3rd gets 20%Just like a SnGHave an awards luncheon at the golf course, checky buys lunch (or we can go through the whole credit card roulette game and still make checky pay)Poker tournament that night Dinner the next night at a nice restaurant
that's a whole lotta stuff charlie! I like the idea. You want to be the golf tourney details designate? :club:
pooooooooooo seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
but he's adorable :ts
100% not interested.
and where is your humor lol
wow...all these brilliant minds in here and no one can find last years thread?
Original thread about the golf outing from last year: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=120961Cop's thread about the poker tourney: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=121932Mark's TR (with pics):http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=123529Ozium's TR (with pics):http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=123680Chrozzo's TR:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=123535Balloon Guy's TR:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=123503

awesome pictures and stories.

I'm easy to please. But if we want burgers, I have yet to go to Burger Bar at Mandalay.... I'd like to try it, I hear the beer selection is decent too.
Best burger I have ever had AINEC. I would eat there every other day in Vegas I think.
Ya ya ya. In. Everything. Ya.
Shotgun!!!yessssssssssssss

I'm a nobody who's interested in both. I already have a hotel booked for middle/late May, so I'm hoping this all happens during that time. I figure it's about time to stop lurking and start getting involved with everyone. That, and I'm very good at making bad bets on golf which should be a good thing for everyone there.