Woman In The Blog

Daniel, I think you may be losing it. You are a poker player. Stop complaining about playing poker. Stop telling your fans that you don't feel like playing poker. If Brett Favre had told the peoole of Green Bay that he didn't feel much like playing football every few games thoughout his career, he would have been fired.Your last post is more bizarre than the time Hellmuth posted about losing so much playing chinese poker with they guys that he called his wife and told her to donate the same amount to charity...etc...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if you will ever read this but the blog was definitely interesting Daniel. It reminds me of a book I always keep close for those times in life when things seem so cluttered. The Way of the Peaceful Warrior. If you get a chance check it out. I think it will attach itself to you like it did me. If you want I will even mail you my copy as long as you read it. - Levi
Solid book. Have you read the sequel? Worth reading?
You mean: The eulogy of the peaceful warrior?
Sometimes I do believe that you meet people that you need to meet at a particular time in your life. I met a woman in Costco that had that effect on me. All she did was say about seven words. But they changed my whole outlook and life direction. So there is something to be said for God sending people into your path that you need to meet. But that said, I'd also exercise caution. I'm sure you do anyway Daniel because you must meet a great number of people who are looking to get something out of you. But Christians on the whole are more suseptible to con artists because we tend to trust people to be who they say they are and not lie to us.
You cannot make such a grand post... and not tell us what those seven words were!

Don't take this the wrong way but................ Are you okay? Listen to BG and Nutz:Dedit: Oh and if she calls back and says she has a stock investment opportunity, 20% every year.......RUN RUN RUN

DN,This book may be very helpful for you:Many Lives, Many Masters: The True Story of a Prominent Psychiatrist, His Young Patient, and the Past-Life Therapy That Changed Both Their LivesIt is very good, and there are similarities in what you have written and what's in the book.

Daniel, I think you may be losing it. You are a poker player. Stop complaining about playing poker. Stop telling your fans that you don't feel like playing poker. If Brett Favre had told the peoole of Green Bay that he didn't feel much like playing football every few games thoughout his career, he would have been fired.Your last post is more bizarre than the time Hellmuth posted about losing so much playing chinese poker with they guys that he called his wife and told her to donate the same amount to charity...etc...
Funny how people get on Daniel for deciding not to be as personal in his blogs and write less frequently. Then he writes something personal that he didnt have to tell anyone and people get on him for that. Ridiculous

Congratulations Daniel on meeting an "Angel" :club: I love when I meet other kindred spirits. Usually, I never see the person again, but it really does help to know that there are others out there that you really connect with. I like to think of everyone being connected by a "web". There are some people who are like "spiders" in that they tangle you up into their own issues or some, like the woman you met, who help you to get untangled. When you can see someone clearly and understand what they are going through, it's important to help them. The next time you feel that way about someone, perhaps it'll be your turn to help them out :)And don't mind the haters on here. What you felt genuinely helped you so enjoy it. You're not likely to fall for a scam, so trust yourself!

Funny how people get on Daniel for deciding not to be as personal in his blogs and write less frequently. Then he writes something personal that he didnt have to tell anyone and people get on him for that. Ridiculous
I thought his blog was a joke at first. Guess it wasn't. It's nice of dn to share his personal experiences with us but he does seem to be losing it a bit. I have faith it's just temporary though.
Weird story. Sounds like the sort of thing where you wake up the next day and remember it as if it happened to someone else. Kinda awesome to just randomly meet someone in a restaurant and connect like that. Story reminds me of a scene from the movie 'waking life'. If you haven't seen it, its really good for those weird philosophical moods you can get yourself into sometimes (if you don't get these moods you probably won't like/understand the movie).Also whatever they put in that vegan lasagna... I want some... or maybe it was the dressing. Wouldn't mind a hot blond called angel to wander over and connect with my soul over dinner.
Another great movie for that is "What the Bleep do We Know?"
I thought his blog was a joke at first. Guess it wasn't. It's nice of dn to share his personal experiences with us but he does seem to be losing it a bit. I have faith it's just temporary though.
lol.. losing it a bit? Because of a strange meeting with a woman hes now started to suffer from severe lunacy?
I'd lean towards con artist on this one. I had a friend who did Tarot readings. He said he gave some people similar feelings, even though he was really just making stuff up as he went. They're just really good at reading body language. They talk about stuff and pay attention to how you react. When they guess right about something, which this woman obviously did, it makes them seem like some supernatural genius or something. But they're not. They're just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.
Yeah, but Daniel's a poker player, you can't read him that easily!! (kinda joking, but kinda serious aswell. Subconsiously, DN would be aware if someone was conning him, and would be able to put up a reasonable defence to it by limiting his body language, IMO anyway. Poker does alot of weird stuff to your emotions and normal body language)

Okay, let's see...Yeah, DN does seem a little crazy atm. There's no denying that, but he is obviously aware of how he comes across. Usually, I'd just write this off as 'gullible', 'stupid', 'insane', 'yeah, whatever' etc. But, for some reason, I'm gonna go ahead and believe that this meeting was 'caused by some higher power' or whatever. Much of the time, it is 'more convenient' for us to believe stuff like this. Like from DN's perspective, the way his life is going right now, wouldn't it be awesome for him to meet an angel? Yeah it would be, but highly unlikely. Also, my life hasn't been the greatest recently, so maybe I would also like to believe DN met an angel, it would certainly give the rest of us hope in these hard times. So we believe to think that this woman was an angel of sorts.It's crazy and ludicrous, I mean, come on, you just happen to meet a woman, she just happends to be able to 'connect' with you (body language reader thingy is very, very possible, I'd go as far to say as it's likely she is), and she just happends to give you a card with her name being angel? No offence to DN, but he is also the perfect candidate for such a con-artist right now. He is Christian, needs direction in his life right now and is willing to buy into something like this. (The only non-favourable factor I can see from a con-artists perspective is that DN is a poker player, and therefore is very good at detecting scum and reading people, and is naturally skeptical). Objectively, the whole thing seems quite ridiculous and ludicrous.But if life's taught me anything, it's that these completely obsurd, ludicrous, stupidly unlikely events, do in fact happen.So who knows, maybe the woman was an angel sent by God. What's the worst that can happen if I do believe something like this fro once? Instead of being such a realist/pessimist all the time, let's have a little faith. I believe the woman was sincere and genuine and could be your 'saviour', Daniel, if that is the correct word to use. Wow, quite bizzarely, just after the sentence in italics, my right thumb just touched off my laptop mouse thing. I got a kinda volt. It wasn't the normal type of shock either that you sometimes get from touching a keyboard, it was different. Best way I can describe it is, it felt there was some water or 7up or something spilt on the laptop and my thumb touched off, hence giving it a kind of momentarily cold sensation. But alas, there was no water or liquid on the laptop. Just some random shock type thing.Yeah, I know it sounds insane, but I've decided to have faith here, and believe..

Okay, let's see...Yeah, DN does seem a little crazy atm. There's no denying that, but he is obviously aware of how he comes across. Usually, I'd just write this off as 'gullible', 'stupid', 'insane', 'yeah, whatever' etc. But, for some reason, I'm gonna go ahead and believe that this meeting was 'caused by some higher power' or whatever. Much of the time, it is 'more convenient' for us to believe stuff like this. Like from DN's perspective, the way his life is going right now, wouldn't it be awesome for him to meet an angel? Yeah it would be, but highly unlikely. Also, my life hasn't been the greatest recently, so maybe I would also like to believe DN met an angel, it would certainly give the rest of us hope in these hard times. So we believe to think that this woman was an angel of sorts.It's crazy and ludicrous, I mean, come on, you just happen to meet a woman, she just happends to be able to 'connect' with you (body language reader thingy is very, very possible, I'd go as far to say as it's likely she is), and she just happends to give you a card with her name being angel? No offence to DN, but he is also the perfect candidate for such a con-artist right now. He is Christian, needs direction in his life right now and is willing to buy into something like this. (The only non-favourable factor I can see from a con-artists perspective is that DN is a poker player, and therefore is very good at detecting scum and reading people, and is naturally skeptical). Objectively, the whole thing seems quite ridiculous and ludicrous.But if life's taught me anything, it's that these completely obsurd, ludicrous, stupidly unlikely events, do in fact happen.So who knows, maybe the woman was an angel sent by God. What's the worst that can happen if I do believe something like this fro once? Instead of being such a realist/pessimist all the time, let's have a little faith. I believe the woman was sincere and genuine and could be your 'saviour', Daniel, if that is the correct word to use. Wow, quite bizzarely, just after the sentence in italics, my right thumb just touched off my laptop mouse thing. I got a kinda volt. It wasn't the normal type of shock either that you sometimes get from touching a keyboard, it was different. Best way I can describe it is, it felt there was some water or 7up or something spilt on the laptop and my thumb touched off, hence giving it a kind of momentarily cold sensation. But alas, there was no water or liquid on the laptop. Just some random shock type thing.Yeah, I know it sounds insane, but I've decided to have faith here, and believe..
look at jfly, eatin lightnin and crappin thunda.
What's the worst that can happen if I do believe something like this fro once?
I seriously doubt that if this is how you decide what is real and what isn't that you will only employ this technique once. But to answer your question directly, victims.gif
Instead of being such a realist/pessimist all the time
Please do not conflate realism and pessimism. I do not see why things are "better" if we believe something supernatural happened. Hope and compassion do not require weird fairies with wings.
Yeah, I know it sounds insane, but I've decided to have faith here, and believe..
I don't know about insane, but it's rather silly to believe something on the basis that you'd rather it be true.

I believe DN had a genuine experience with a genuine person. There are people like this out in the world. I have a friend who is very intuned to what is going on within his own personal and spiritual life and from there he has an outworldly connection that can be made on a very real plane with those around him. He has a very great outlook on life and this really translates to people that he meets. He wants the best for that person and will oftentimes get caught up in talking with them and it seems to have a real affect on them. He is never trying to sell anything nor is he ever going to push his beliefs on you. He only wants to have a real conversation with the people around him. Instead of scratching the surface he wants to rip the exterior off and see into your soul. It's very neat and as such I believe that there are other people like this in the world. It sounds like this lady was also very intuned to her surroundings. Con artist maybe? But if it makes DN feel better about what is going on in his life and he isn't giving her tens of thousands of dollars for it, then I believe it is genuine.

VB, we've really got to get you out of the lab more! When you look at a beautiful sunset, do you ever say "Holy crap, that's awesome! Look at all the reds and orange and yellow.......and oh my gosh, that just makes me tingle all over and feel so serene!" or do you instantly start diagnosing it from an atmospheric perspective and bore your significant other with all the chemical conditions required to cause such a sunset? lolLighten up and FEEL what's going on around you instead of applying science to every situation. Spend one day just being in awe of all the amazing things that go on in this great big world! Enjoy a rose because its soft, fragrant and beautiful and DO NOT EVEN THINK about how it came into existance.Try it.......... please, for just one day! lol

VB, we've really got to get you out of the lab more! When you look at a beautiful sunset, do you ever say "Holy crap, that's awesome! Look at all the reds and orange and yellow.......and oh my gosh, that just makes me tingle all over and feel so serene!" or do you instantly start diagnosing it from an atmospheric perspective and bore your significant other with all the chemical conditions required to cause such a sunset? lolLighten up and FEEL what's going on around you instead of applying science to every situation. Spend one day just being in awe of all the amazing things that go on in this great big world! Enjoy a rose because its soft, fragrant and beautiful and DO NOT EVEN THINK about how it came into existance.Try it.......... please, for just one day! lol
:)I do that every single day, it's why I live near the beach. The whole reason I do science is because I am fascinated by the wonder of nature. If you think a sunset is awesome, take a look at a human brain. It's frigging incredible. The sunset is not less incredible when you know how it is producing its colors, it is even more incredible. I just think that nature does not need to contain fairies in order to be wonderful. Since it doesn't actually contain fairies, and it still is wonderful.It's a common misconception that science is about extinguishing awe, when in reality most of are in it because of the awe. I have this image framed above my desk to explicitly remind myself of the awe every day. BrainGlowSmall.jpg
You mean: The eulogy of the peaceful warrior?You cannot make such a grand post... and not tell us what those seven words were!
Lol okay but you non-faith people aren't going to like it. By the way, I never saw this woman before or since.I was in Costco one day and I had my 3 kids with me (at that time ages 2,4 and 9). It was a very frustrating trip but I finally got my son (the 2 year old) to sit on the flatbed cart. Anyway, I was coming up to the checkout and at that moment my son decided to kick his foot out and hit a bottle of lemon juice on the cart which promptly flew off and broke. Anyway, I just lost it.Said, "Damn you N---- (not going to give his name here)!" Regretted it the moment I said it but it was just the last straw. Anyway, this woman in line ahead of me turned around and said, "Oh don't damn them, love them."Well it hit me hard what I had actually said and tears just started down my face. (Dumb me, I blubber over many many things).And then she just put her arm around me and asked, "Do you know that Jesus loves you?"And then she left. But it was a life-changer for me. I didn't become a Christian that minute but I did go home and her statement stayed with me for weeks until I ended up praying for help for myself and my children and became a believer in Christ. And yes I do believe that God sent her that day. Angel? maybe. Sent by God. I believe certainly.
Lol okay but you non-faith people aren't going to like it. By the way, I never saw this woman before or since.
It has been a while since I read it, but I am definitely in the "non-faith" catagory as far as a God goes and I absolutely loved that book.
Congrats, DN! No doubt in my mind that your life will be altered by the Angel you met tonight, whether for a week or a lifetime. God puts people in our paths that we need to meet and it sounds like you were really needing this electricity at this point in your life!
no.
That electric shock you felt was probably static.Gets really dry in New York in the winter.(did she mention anything about Amway?) :club:
It's Quixtar now.This whole story is so sad. DN is supposedly a Christian but is looking for energy or enlightenment in something or someone other that Jesus. That isn't good for a Christian.
no.It's Quixtar now.This whole story is so sad. DN is supposedly a Christian but is looking for energy or enlightenment in something or someone other that Jesus. That isn't good for a Christian.
From what I read he wasn't looking but more or less stumbled into the meeting. And it doesn't sound like something he's really pursuing, just an interesting meeting.