• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Adam? Then yes.
I voted for Megan... if I voted for the best it would have been Adam... but I figured I'd vote for someone who I liked that needed votes.
I voted for Megan... if I voted for the best it would have been Adam... but I figured I'd vote for someone who I liked that needed votes.
Judging by the rumors, it doesn't seem to matter anymore.
Does it cost money to vote? The show has been on for 8 years and I have no idea.
I think I heard Ryan say that standard text messaging rates apply. Maybe once or twice.Calls are toll free.Oh, and remember, these are 8-6-6 numbers, not 1-800 numbers.

I like Meghan because she doesn't oversing, but she needs the right material to be goodalso the reason she's so awkward on stage is that she has like zero stage experienceall that said picking rocking robin has to be the dumbest song choice in the hihstory of mankind

I would guess the twist is that America votes and then the judges pick who goes home from the bottom three. I’d be fine with that, but only to a certain point.
I guessed this too, and I agree that it is ok but not for the whole competition, otherwise it is unfair and makes voting pointless.My views (not in order):Gokey - He i mpressed me, I liked him singing an uptempo song rather than a cheesy ballad, so I hope he keeps up the fun side. Also appreciated the lack of wife sobstory.Adam - I still think he looks stupid, and I wasn't as impressed with his singing as I was before, but he definitely has the performing down and I am sure he will make the finals at least.Megan - Terrible song choice, and very awkward - especially the "CAW CAW" at the end -- what the hell was that about?? Her voice has a nice quality to it, but she needs the right songs. She can't do powerful songs like most of the others, she needs to stick to more mellow, cute songs like Feist.Alexis - I could hardly find a melody in her singing, she went over the top and I found it offputting. I think she has a lot of potential as a singer, but she needs to iron out who she is because I still have no idea what her style is.Matt (piano guy) - I really like him, even though the song was boring he has a good voice and I like his style. Love the piano playing too.Lil - I liked her this time, her version of the song sounded great to me, I hardly recognised it as an MJ song, it sounded more like a Whitney song the way she sang it. Didn't blow me away, and the show has already produced a Fantasia and a J-Hud so I question whether there is room for her a winner, but she could make it far.Anoop - I didn't like him today. I love the song Beat It, but he hardly even had fun with it. You can do a lot more with that song, and he really needed to. His vocals were just plain bland and as Teresa said, offkey.Kris - Very boring. I couldn't even hear the guitar, so that just seemed silly to me. His voice is fine but I tuned him out after a minute because it was so uninteresting, no personality.Allison - I really like her voice, it wasn't the best song but I definitely think she has potential, and a better set of pipes than most of the others.Scott - Disappointing. After last week I thought he had a decent voice, but he had a few off notes and didn't shine with this boring song. He seems to be a one trick pony, always with the same boring ballads.Matt - Oil rig guy - terrible. The way he kept pulling the mic away as if he was doing a big note even when he realllly wasn't annoyed me. He just doesn't have the talent at all, not sure why he is here.Jasmine - Not good. I think perhaps she is too young and immature for the show, she didn't connect with the song, she's more of a Disney singer. She can be in the next High School Musical where it doesn't matter if you convey any emotions. She tried to belt it out, but it was very hit and miss.Jorge - Awful. Definitely should not be here. He isn't hip, he has no personality beneath the accent, and his vocals aren't good enough to override those problems.
Matt (piano guy) - I really like him, even though the song was boring he has a good voice and I like his style. Love the piano playing too.
yeah, that gets me wet as well. Um, I mean, I wish I played the piano
yeah, that gets me wet as well. Um, I mean, I wish I played the piano
Puke.Note that I didn't say I loved the blind guy's piano playing. I'm not just your average idiot who is impressed by anyone that can play an instrument.
Puke.Note that I didn't say I loved the blind guy's piano playing. I'm not just your average idiot who is impressed by anyone that can play an instrument.
oh. I am impressed by anyone that plays the piano well. If I had life to do over, I'd try to learn piano. Other instruments, not so much. Although a cute girl playing an acoustic guitar well seems to work for me.Thank you for vomiting.
I voted last night. Is that gay?
see my other post.
I think I see what you did there.People who I am interested in (no particular order):GokeyAdamMeganAlexisMatt (piano guy)Not bad, but, you know, whatever:LilAnoopKrisAllisonGo away please:ScottMattJasmineJorgeMegan is bad, but makes me smile when she’s performing.I would guess the twist is that America votes and then the judges pick who goes home from the bottom three. I’d be fine with that, but only to a certain point. Once it’s down to five or six I think the judges should stay out. I also heard that two people will be cut tonight, so that would put a little more weight to the idea that they only recently decided to make it top 13.
This post is totally correct. Also Simon even said last night that they were cutting two because they made it 13. That doesn't prove it wasn't staged, but it adds a little credibility to the thought.
I play the piano. Took lessons for 9 years. Blind guy is good. (Probably not as good as Matt... but Matt plays for a living)
I closed my eyes during Anoop and I am sorry, he was flat. I think he is a great guy and I would love to hang out with him but... his performance wasn't good. But I have a feeling it will be Jorge and Jasmine on the chopping block. Which is good for Anoop because if his performance can catch up to his personality, I wouldn't mind seeing him around a little bit longer.
God I am good at picking losers... just ask all of my exes.
I play the piano. Took lessons for 9 years. Blind guy is good. (Probably not as good as Matt... but Matt plays for a living)
I didn't say that the blind guy was a bad pianist, I just didn't love it. It wasn't particularly stylised or impressive. Predictable result I think. The new rule is interesting... I like the way they

only have one save for the whole season

, it seems fairer that way.

see my other post.
About you thinking I'm a little kid? Again you have over 50 posts in an American Idol thread. I'm sure that there is a Justin Guarini CD out there that you would love. Shoot me a PM and I will buy it for you, I'm sure it would bring you countless hours of joy.
About you thinking I'm a little kid? Again you have over 50 posts in an American Idol thread. I'm sure that there is a Justin Guarini CD out there that you would love. Shoot me a PM and I will buy it for you, I'm sure it would bring you countless hours of joy.
Talking about Justin...What did you all think of Kelly Clarkson tonight? 2.jpg
What did you all think of Kelly Clarkson tonight?
Her song is really boring and her voice didn't sound amazing. It reminds you that no artist sounds great every time they sing live, I thought she went out of tune in parts but maybe it was deliberate who knows. Also, if she wants to be a little chubby that's fine with me, but she needs darker hair. Her hair is a similar colour to her face, so it makes her face look bigger.
Talking about Justin...What did you all think of Kelly Clarkson tonight? 2.jpg
i liked her song but it's clear that she got the Clive Davis message to record something that sounded EXACTLY like since u been gonethere have been tons of talented blind pianistsnow beethoven - was deaf! that's impressive!
porker, which I don't mind, but she's only going to go downhill, me thinks.
my wife and I had a 3 minute discussion about whether Kelly Clarkson could possibly be pregnant. That's a bad sign, my friends.I was not surprised at all that Anoop moved on and Jorge didnt. When in doubt, America will always gravitate to the brown guy with the better command of the English language. It could be Newton's 4th law.I thought the results were correct. Jasmine never belonged in the finals and Jorge is just odd. I love Anoop.....he does give off a funny vibe that I like....but he was awful last night. Just awful. He is lucky to be around.I will say that overall the performances were better last night and maybe this group will hit its stride.I think Lil Rounds is great. I feel like this is a overhype backlash. She is the best female singer on this show by a mile.If they had kicked Meghan off the show just for singing Rockin Robin I would have abided.I hope they dont overuse the save thing. It should be an extreme case only thing.Early favorites for top 3: Adam, Lil, Gokey. But I agree with Mex that Adam might fall apart on a theme night if he cant pick a shouting song. I dont really like him at all but everyone else seems to.Darkhorses: 16 year old girl, Blind guy on sympathy alone, Timberlake clone.Homeless Horse: Anoop pulls a Taylor Hicks and wins this show because of nothing to do with singing.

I thought that they should have given Jorge another chance. I definitely don't care for him at all, but he had a pretty damn good voice.I don't know if I don't understand singing or what, but I can't tell when a lot of the contestants are "pitchy." For example I thought Jasmine and Jorge sounded really good, and I didn't hear the missed notes. I'm ok with both of them going home, but they seriously sounded great to me.

I thought that they should have given Jorge another chance. I definitely don't care for him at all, but he had a pretty damn good voice.I don't know if I don't understand singing or what, but I can't tell when a lot of the contestants are "pitchy." For example I thought Jasmine and Jorge sounded really good, and I didn't hear the missed notes. I'm ok with both of them going home, but they seriously sounded great to me.
This may have played a small role into your liking of other contestants as well. (I like you, fwiw)
Some people just don't have an ear for pitch, it's a natural thing not a sign of inferiority or anything like that. I have a good ear for tuning, I just instinctively know when something doesn't sound right. A lot of people don't have that, for example most of the singers they feature during the auditions shows.
This may have played a small role into your liking of other contestants as well. (I like you, fwiw)
ehh I noticed the blind guy was a little off this week. I think I like him because he sang Mandolin Rain pretty good, and I'm a Bruce Hornsby fan. He also kind of sounds like James Taylor (another one I listen to a lot). I didn't like Tatiana because of her voice, I just love trainwrecks. People crying on TV brings me pleasure lol.As for everyone else left, I don't see anyone really sticks out as being bad singers. The "roughneck" is starting to get on my nerves though. I'll give Anoop one more shot, but I think he should have left over Jorge.
Early favorites for top 3: Adam, Lil, Gokey. But I agree with Mex that Adam might fall apart on a theme night if he cant pick a shouting song. I dont really like him at all but everyone else seems to.Darkhorses: 16 year old girl, Blind guy on sympathy alone, Timberlake clone.Homeless Horse: Anoop pulls a Taylor Hicks and wins this show because of nothing to do with singing.
I'll take Adam at 3 to 1.Or I'll take him at even money, but you have to pick someone else. If neither of our picks win, then it's a push.
You thought they should have spent their one rebuy in the first week on a guy who probably wouldn't have made the Top 5 anyway.I'm putting it out here right now. Lil Rounds gets the judges immunity with 6 left.