I agree with most that Allison and Adam will be locks to get through. As for the third spot, probably Meaghan. I actually thought that Mishavonna was quite good though. I def think she's the 3rd best singer of the group. Her voice is really good but probably chose the wrong song. And dualling piano guy.....wtf? I had high hopes for this guy and I was hugely disappointed. He sounded like a dying sheep out there. I'm not too sure he could have been any worse. As for the Norman Gentle act, I actually enjoy it. I truely hope he doesn't go on for the sake of the show, but I have to say I've enjoyed it to this point.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stakes are much higher in this format than previous seasons. In the past you could skate by for a few weeks with "safe" performances while the really bad singers bombed out. Instead of most people on stage being safe to compete in the next week, now if you are not the Best Male/Female of the night your run is likely over. Not certain how the whole Wild Card thing will work, but there are only 3 WC spots for the remaining 27 singers.No one really blew me away or was "incredible" in my mind. Allison was strong. Adam predictable but the best male. I liked the Blonde with the Sleeve (Megan) because she was a little quirky. Not a great Vocal, but at least a little unique. For some reason she reminded me a little of Brooke White from a previous season.I think that going thru to the next round are:Best Male: AdamBest Female: AllisonNext Highest Vote Getter: Megan or Jesse

Nick/Norman must be pretty stupid.He needed to sing it straight this week to prove to America that he belonged. If he gets through then next week he can go back to the stupid song and dance. America was frankly just sick of the routine, imo... but would have been ok with it popping back up every now and then.What he should have done was the opposite of what he did. He should have dressed up like Norman at the beginning introductions and in the green room and then switched to his regular outfit and sang a regular song. That would have actually surprised us. What he did was lose the shock factor because he was ALWAYS playing Norman.All this is moot however, since he wasn't a strong singer, which is the main problem anyway.

So either people happen to have exactly the same taste in music as the judges(which i think would be all but impossible), or most voters tend to do exactly what the judges tell them to.
I think there is some degree of objective truth as to who sings better.
Generally yes. I don't think Alexis would have made it if she was in this group. Danny was the only bright spot last week. This week I can see 3 girls fighting for 2 spots and 2-3 guys fighting for the guy spot.
I think the girls, overall, were better this week.I think the guys, overall, were better last week.I think Anoop was better than any of this week's guys outside of Adam.
I think the girls, overall, were better this week.I think the guys, overall, were better last week.I think Anoop was better than any of this week's guys outside of Adam.
I would have put Anoop higher than the Oilrigger. But pretty much on par with the guy's from this week. Not to sound redundant but I think the judges are hitting it right on as far as song selection. The less strong voices are picking songs too big for them trying to make an impression and are sounding like crap. While the big voices are picking safe songs and sounding like crap. The weak should pick something safe and hope the strong screw up larger while the strong should be going big hoping to knock it out of the park and if they screw up fall back on a wild card spot.
Nick/Norman must be pretty stupid.He needed to sing it straight this week to prove to America that he belonged. If he gets through then next week he can go back to the stupid song and dance. America was frankly just sick of the routine, imo... but would have been ok with it popping back up every now and then.What he should have done was the opposite of what he did. He should have dressed up like Norman at the beginning introductions and in the green room and then switched to his regular outfit and sang a regular song. That would have actually surprised us. What he did was lose the shock factor because he was ALWAYS playing Norman.All this is moot however, since he wasn't a strong singer, which is the main problem anyway.
Exactly. He isn't a great singer, so why would he bother singing it straight?I agree with outsider on his thoughts about Mishavonna. I actually thought she sang great, and picked a good song to sing. I didn't get why the judges didn't like her. She has no chance anyways though because redhead and Meghan seem to be getting all the girl votes.
I think there is some degree of objective truth as to who sings better.
Maybe there is, but I think my explanation accounts for most of what is happening.I guess maybe I am just bothered by the judge's choices. I definitely do not agree so far with who they've chosen to overpraise or trash.There is pretty much no way to ever test this, but I strongly doubt the voting public would pick the same singers as thethe judges if they didn't first know who the judges liked. At the very least, the correlation would be vastly lower than the 90% plus we see now(100 percent so far this season).
Maybe there is, but I think my explanation accounts for most of what is happening.I guess maybe I am just bothered by the judge's choices. I definitely do not agree so far with who they've chosen to overpraise or trash.There is pretty much no way to ever test this, but I strongly doubt the voting public would pick the same singers as thethe judges if they didn't first know who the judges liked. At the very least, the correlation would be vastly lower than the 90% plus we see now(100 percent so far this season).
I think the top two last week were overwhelmingly clear.I think the top two this week are overwhelmingly clear.And in both cases I agree completely with the judges.

I don't remember disagreeing with Simon yet this season. I have disagreed with all the other judges on multiple occasions. I love the fact that Simon trashed on Adam Lambert from last night. Simon is incredibly objective and completely emotionless. I'm sure it's a joy to be his girlfriend.

I don't remember disagreeing with Simon yet this season.
Same, he's been spot on and brutally honest all season. The show would be absolutely nothing without him, I'm talking cancelled.

There has been tons of speculation about how the Wild Card Round is going to work.From what I have read, the Wild Card Round will work a little differently this Year.First, three spots are filled by the "Fourth Place" runner-up from EACH of the three Groups. So from last week, Anoop had 20,000 fewer votes than Oil Rig Guy. That means that Anoop Dog gets the first Wild Card spot. The next two will come in similar fashion from Groups 2 & 3 - the singer from each Group with the highest votes that didn't make it to the Final 12. Each group contributes one such "Lock" for the Wild Card.Then the final 9 Wild Card spots are filled by the Judges from the remaining 24 singersThen when the Wild Card 12 compete, the Judges decide which 3 move on to the Final 12. Apparently there is no America Vote on the Wild Card competition.

There has been tons of speculation about how the Wild Card Round is going to work.From what I have read, the Wild Card Round will work a little differently this Year.First, three spots are filled by the "Fourth Place" runner-up from EACH of the three Groups. So from last week, Anoop had 20,000 fewer votes than Oil Rig Guy. That means that Anoop Dog gets the first Wild Card spot. The next two will come in similar fashion from Groups 2 & 3 - the singer from each Group with the highest votes that didn't make it to the Final 12. Each group contributes one such "Lock" for the Wild Card.Then the final 9 Wild Card spots are filled by the Judges from the remaining 24 singersThen when the Wild Card 12 compete, the Judges decide which 3 move on to the Final 12. Apparently there is no America Vote on the Wild Card competition.
Yeah, the skinny redhead without hips is a little sexy too.
a little? Jesse was way sexy, but I'm a sucker for that hair color, but she had some sexy facial expressions. Me likey
You mean this girl?40131.jpg555696331_l.jpg
HOW DARE YOU SIR!!! You are banned from the Dolphins thread for one month for this post.
I haven't read any responses yet, but here's what I think:Girls:I liked the tattoo girlI loved the 16 year old girl who sang Heart, her voice is very interesting.I love Jesse's personality. She seems REALLY cool. As a singer she was good, but that's not why I like her. (the cute red head that sang Bette Davis Eyes)Boys:I love the dueling piano guy and if he doesn't make it in the wild card round I will be very sad.I totally agree with Simon about Adam Lambert. The beginning wasn't good, but by the end I was like... "I don't like him... but man... he can sing." I don't like him. I don't know why. His voice was too high and whiny to sing that song... imo.My predications:boy winner: Adamgirl winner: tattoo3rd highest: 16 year old
agree with most of thisI thought Alison the 16 year old fake redhead was a definite winner. She nailed that song, big time, and Heart ain't easy to sing. I thought Megan would get through based on her look and "originality" More on her and why I thought she'd gather votes in a minute.
Agree with everyone who liked the redhead and Megan.I hate Adam Lambert although I recognize that he is very good. I don't really have a good reason for not liking him, I guess I just hate emo's.I also liked the guy who sang Man in the Mirror. I was disappointed with the black girl who went first, she has the potential to be awesome but blew it big time.I actually like Norman Gentle, I'd rather watch him than any of the other guys. He's got my vote.
I also agree with most of this, and it doesn't matter which redhead your speaking about. Adam butchered that song if you ask me. He has great chops, but his voice has a niche, and it should be 80'S HAIR BANDS. He'd kill singing Steelheart. If they make that Marky Mark Rock n Roll movie again, Rock Star, Adam should play the lead.I thought Kris was weak and didn't deserve to get through. It was boring, for me. Norman's performance was the best thing to hit that show in years. I don't usually vote, especially this early, but if I watched it in real time, I would've texted him about 20 votes
I don't know why a lot of ppl like the tatoo girl...
Let me sum it up for ya. Have you seen her eyes and pretty face? Do you have any idea how good that package would look with a dick in her mouth? Oh sweet perfection. Also, that tattoo sleeve, that just screams "I'LL DO ALL KINDS OF KINKY SHIT IN BED. DO ME IN THE DUMPER" But see, here's the problem with that. The dudes that are sitting there watching this show with their girlfriends can't express that by voting like mad. They let their dumbass girlfriend or wife vote for who she likes, and it usually isn't for a pretty, naughty looking girl with mediocre singing chops. Women are petty and spiteful like that. So the guy stays quiet so he can keep up this hopes to get sex later, all the while, picturing that hot little face of Megans on his fat, controlling girlfriends body. True story. Now, us fat losers that are home alone watching this show can't vote for her because our lives are bad enough that we're watching Idol, actually voting would be like pulling the trigger and blowing our own brains out. Or so I've heard. I'm cool. I don't even watch this show. I was busy having an orgy with three hot girls that were all into me, and not because there was blow and cash on the nightstand.What?
A few years ago I went to see a guy performing in a Bar/Nightclub in Chicago. He did a Lounge Act - Singing songs with very clever, witty lyrics. It was a little like the "Jack 2000" routine on the show "Will & Grace". Very funny and entertaining - and the guy could actually sing. Much more entertaining than "Norman". And the place was packed. By "Packed" I mean there were probably 40-50 people all havinng a great time. I think that is "Norman's" future. Perhaps even venues twice as large - entertaining up to 100 people at a time.
Dude, how fucking gay are you?
I think the girls, overall, were better this week.I think the guys, overall, were better last week.I think Anoop was better than any of this week's guys
FYP and yes, you're basically correct

I'm not liking how this wild card round is shaping up.People I want to make it:MeganDueling Piano GuyAfro GuyAnoop...and we still have another group! I will seriously be really sad for myself, for whichever of these 4 don't make it. I will honestly be sad that I'll never hear them sing again.IMO, next week's group looks terrible.

Tonight, the 3 that got through were the right choices imo. I thought Chris was the 3rd best choice.
I agree, hopefully Megan gets through the wildcard round. I'm also hoping Norman Gentle gets to sing on the wildcard show even though I'm sure most of you disagree with me lol.And the blind dude dancing was pretty damn classic lol. Next weeks contestants overall look kind of boring though. Or I guess we just haven't seen a lot of them in the prelims.

Chris, great post, sir.

I'm not liking how this wild card round is shaping up.People I want to make it:MeganDueling Piano GuyAfro GuyAnoop...and we still have another group! I will seriously be really sad for myself, for whichever of these 4 don't make it. I will honestly be sad that I'll never hear them sing again.IMO, next week's group looks terrible.
Agreed that it looks like they stacked the first two groups and the third, meh, seems pathetic. Although there were some hot girls. But all the really weird guys, metalface crying boy...blind guy...math nerd...weird.