What Happened To Fcp?

Do we need a S7S Bff Challenge ?
LOOOOOLI refuse on the basis that everyone would win every round....Except TB17 of course!!!
  • Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intersting.Where to begin?I guess I want to thank everyone who responded. I actually take criticism and direction pretty well. I'm not sure if I always did, but I have learned to.I think it's also great that people from s7s pointed out some of the good and BAD things that I have been doing on the forum. Bad as in, not contributing myself....A bit of history. If you were to dig up threads, you would see that I started TONS of pieces geared toward finding out how everyone was doing, working with people, offering advice in general.Later, s7s was created and that became pretty time consuming. So I honestly did not have as much time to post and get involved.HOWEVER. It was pointed out to me that I was not as active. So I started Q&A with Steve7Stud. I literally answered every question that asked of me, and tried to help people to the best of my ability. And if the thread didn't get activity, someone would send my a PM telling me that a new question was in there.A lot of the advice that I give people comes from the fact that I have made sooooooo many mistakes during my years as a poker player. I was never that guy who did all of the "right" things. I paid for each mistake, and they were very costly. Having said that. I hit every limit from where I started $3-6.........to where I currently am today. So my success was not a fluke. It came from a ton of hard work, guidance from great mentors, and time.From time to time I would start threads about things that I thought were important. But quite often people would come in and make jokes, post silly remarks, etc. Which is fine to a certain degree. But eventually, anyone who plays at a certain level, and who is pretty good at what they do......loses patience.Daniel is a good example of someone who used to contribute more to the forum as well. Now granted this is HIS forum, lol. But at one point, he was fairly active in answering questions and helping people. Eventually he became a star. Created books, videos, training site, and the list goes on. So he chose to only get involved with topics that really sparked his interest. Like hockey and politics. Nothing wrong with that. I've stated before that FCP is the only poker forum that I frequent. And it is a special place for me. I do understand that things change over time. I also understand that it appears that I haven't contributed as much over the last couple of years.I personally have no interest in being a poker guy anymore. Meaning that I don't want to play tournament to get on TV, I don't care about status. The stakes I play don't matter to me. I am only playing for one reason, and that is to make money. Sure, I'm still friends with a lot of the same people that I was friends with. But I'm not actively involved in the poker "scene". I just don't care anymore. In the grand scheme of things, it means very little to me.I can see how some people, new and old would view me as a person that just comes here to promote s7s. That makes total sense to me. I guess that I expect everyone to remember how much I contributed in the past, who I am, what I offer, etc. But it feels like I have to explain myself whenever I do something. Again, this too makes sense because I am not as active. So. What is the solution? I guess I'll have to think about it.But I want thank everyone for the input. I mean that. If someone sees me as not doing enough, or doing too much of something, I take that into consideration.

Also...don't worry about ever joining the s7s program...which u clearly have no idea what it's about and wouldn't get past the entry interview...But my bad...wtf do I know...a guy who has like 300 posts can feel free to tell others how much they are "contributing"... :club:
I got lots of respect for you, and you share my 1st name (a double bonus) but you really, REALLY come off as a douchebag here, and it makes me a sad panda.Those kind of comments stated in that tone make S7S come off as kind of an arrogant group (since its a small, elite group, the actions of one speak as the actions of the group)
LOL...U call him a shill and say he should know where he came from...I point out that he came from somewhere BEFORE FCP...but this was saying nothing...actually I said that I respect Loosh and JC more because they have continued to post and contribute notwithstanding their success; saying anything about where he was before FCP is irrelevant to a discussion about his contributions to this forum having dwindledU incorrectly point out the cost...I point out how much I paid as someone who would actually know wtf he is talking about...but this was saying nothing... I didn't incorrectly point out the cost, I have no interest in searching threads to find it, but it was previously stated as more than the $2K you paid, I guess you got a discount U call his new "schtick" something that it isn't/wasn't...but I am saying nothing... what did I call it that it wasn't; it comes across as a cash grab and not as an effort to connect with the community and meet people; it comes across like this because it is volume teaching in a quick fashion; the guy doesn't even disclose a subject matter; how many courses have you signed up for that don't include a subject matterU claim he doesn't contribute at all...I point out that INDEED he does...but I am saying nothing... you pointed out contributions that are outside of general, which is what Steve chose to attack; I have not visited his ask me anything thread, but it sounds from other posters as if you are overselling it and his willingness to answer questions in itAlso...don't worry about ever joining the s7s program...which u clearly have no idea what it's about and wouldn't get past the entry interview... you know nothing about me, but thanks for the feedback;But my bad...wtf do I know...a guy who has like 300 posts can feel free to tell others how much they are "contributing"... that is the point, I never chose to question anyone's contribution; he did, and I merely responded that is my nearly 3 years lurking on the forums (and admittedly contributing very seldom), I have seen him offer very little other than the training; :club:
I got lots of respect for you, and you share my 1st name (a double bonus) but you really, REALLY come off as a douchebag here, and it makes me a sad panda.Those kind of comments stated in that tone make S7S come off as kind of an arrogant group (since its a small, elite group, the actions of one speak as the actions of the group)
He's just passionate.
I personally have no interest in being a poker guy anymore. Meaning that I don't want to play tournament to get on TV, I don't care about status. The stakes I play don't matter to me. I am only playing for one reason, and that is to make money. Sure, I'm still friends with a lot of the same people that I was friends with. But I'm not actively involved in the poker "scene". I just don't care anymore. In the grand scheme of things, it means very little to me.
excellent attitude. where do I send the $500?
My 1st name is NOt Fartgo!!!Look...my views are mine alone and don't have to include everyone on s7s. I am a douchbag at times...not much I can say to argue otherwise. I think anyone who has interacted w/ s7s members like myself, checky, aasnake, nosup, tb17, cobalt, pocketdeuces, nutz, etc. etc. etc. knows we are generally a great group of guys who have very little ego considering how much success many of us have had. I am personally working on my owne ego every day because I realize that I do have a much larger ego today than I did before I was a success...for that I am truly sorry.My point is this Pivvey or whatever the heck his name is, just keeps coming after Steve and me and I will defend myself. I personally interview every prospective s7s member before they are accepted just so Steve has an idea of what WE think of that guy. (I am not the only one who interviews...just 1 of many who do) So again...I will agree I am being a douchbag to Pivvey...but only because he continued to bash me EVEN AFTER I AGREED W/ WHAT MARK SAID ABOUT THE SUBJECT.Steve himself has spoken and his thoughts echo the basic sentimant here. I also agree that I am a little too biased and can come off as a douche...but considering what Steve and the rest of s7s have done for me in both my poker life AND my personal life...I will continue to back them up. I mean..HE DID PAY FOR MY SON'S COLLEGE EDUCATION!!!! (My son is only 7 and will never have to worry about having money for college)
The reason I love the challenge thread(s) is that it allows me to get to know a smaller group of people on a much more intimate level than just posting in general or strat would. I see pictures of people on their vacations, we post links of Miss South Carolina to make each other laugh, we talk some poker, we bitch about bad beats, we celebrate when people post awesome monthly graphs, etc.I doubt I would be around FCP much if it wasn't for the challenge thread. I'm not here to get better at poker, although thats certainly a byproduct. I'm here because I've developed close relationships with a bunch of friends and FCP is a place we can all come to hang out and enjoy a common interest.Mark
I usually never post in the challenge thread. I did the other day, obviously too tired when I did itI did not explain my hand well, or the question I wanted answeredso I got , answered with sacarism, others made fun of me and I got some truthWhat I expected in the thread was feedback on play if I was right, wrong, why I was , and How to play it rightBeing told that you are a bad player doesn't help build confidence of someone learningbut when they are posting in the challenge thread looking for answers, they shouldbe approached with some class or respect. Mark you have shown that class and respect. I saw 2 views of playing that handthe one as per Naked cowboy and the one as Stated by you in the PM.that's what I wanted to see, and hear, so I could learn. Sure the Jokescould come with it but to see that you are the Joke Account of FCP is getting a little too much. :club: I would like a Person to do some 1 on 1 coaching, as I had enough videoprograms for now, but the Financial part would have to be looked atSo if anyone one is interested please give me a PM
My 1st name is NOt Fartgo!!!Look...my views are mine alone and don't have to include everyone on s7s. I am a douchbag at times...not much I can say to argue otherwise. I think anyone who has interacted w/ s7s members like myself, checky, aasnake, nosup, tb17, cobalt, pocketdeuces, nutz, etc. etc. etc. knows we are generally a great group of guys who have very little ego considering how much success many of us have had. Yes. I am personally working on my owne ego every day because I realize that I do have a much larger ego today than I did before I was a success...for that I am truly sorry.Only on here probably, and I never even noticed it. I think my fake ego is bigger than your real one, which is saying something. :club:
My point is this Pivvey or whatever the heck his name is, just keeps coming after Steve and me and I will defend myself. I personally interview every prospective s7s member before they are accepted just so Steve has an idea of what WE think of that guy. (I am not the only one who interviews...just 1 of many who do) So again...I will agree I am being a douchbag to Pivvey...but only because he continued to bash me EVEN AFTER I AGREED W/ WHAT MARK SAID ABOUT THE SUBJECT.It is Pivvy, but thanks for clarifying Vickey or whatever the heck your name is. No one attacked you at any point in time. Go back and read all of my posts and you will see that clearly. If not, you should hire a tutor for reading comprehension (well, there you go, attack number one). It is spelled douchebag, but you did correctly identify a description for your conduct. And again I never bashed you in this thread until this paragraph, and your agreement with Mark, while you equivocated was the only even seemingly unbiased thought you had in this thread. Mark seems to have the respect of a lot of posters here, myself included, and it is interesting that he can make his points respectfully. Steve himself has spoken and his thoughts echo the basic sentimant here. Steve's thoughts are well taken and were well said. Tellingly, he indicated that he plays poker just for money. Maybe he teaches for other reasons but I think that is telling. I also agree that I am a little too biased and can come off as a douche...but considering what Steve and the rest of s7s have done for me in both my poker life AND my personal life...I will continue to back them up. I mean..HE DID PAY FOR MY SON'S COLLEGE EDUCATION!!!! (My son is only 7 and will never have to worry about having money for college) You are biased, but you are entitled to be. However, your 7 year old son's thank yous aside, I am not sure that it means you have to be a jerk when someone gives an observation about Steve. My professors in college and grad school have made it so that my children won't have to worry about money for college either, but that doesn't mean that I attack everyone that says anything negative about a professor I had or the institution itself. It is not a matter of being passive, it is accepting that other people are entitled to have viewpoints and to disagree at times.