What Happened To Fcp?

cant we just al agree that FCP is starting to suck? It isn't anyone or any groups fault. We have lost lots of good posters in the past year and why they left, i dont know. I guess everyone has their own reasons for not comign around anymore. It just isn't as much fun as it used to be on here. With that said, there is still a lot of potential to bring it back to how it was in the glory days like back when i first joined. Those were the good days IMO.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dink's posts are probably the most reflective of my thoughts on the Challange threads. I understand where Anistuff is coming from (and from what I gather he's a cool guy, a professional and a million times better than I am, so nothing that follows is meant as a slight of his game or anything). When I first got back into playing seriously this year, I was disheartened to see that the LHE strat forum was dead. I always saw posting a hand I didn't know how to play, along with a really basic read on myself and my opponent, as the way to improve. And I do think that's still really good for beginners, because back in the heyday of strat, most of us didn't know even basically how you "should" play most hands. We thought guys like Smash were absolutes Gods, just because they did. But the games are way, way tougher now, and the majority of us need to look at it in a more holistic way, which is more easily enabled by the communal dynamics of the Challenge thread. I wish Antistuff would post more in thereThere's a lot of editing that goes on, and the people who play higher are getting more careful about publicly posting things their opponents might see, but the amount of time and effort guys like Checky, Dink and Navy (etc.) have spent helping me learn how to think about the game is completely unprecedented in old school FCP. If I ask someone a question, I will get the best answer they can give me.

The truth of you being sexually attracted to a "woman" who looks like a 15 year old boy must hurt, and also explains your reaction to my sig girl in that linked thread. JS
Obviously your sense of reality is skewed. Because if you think Emma looks like a 15 year old boy, then your judgment cannot be trusted. Emmas beauty is undeniable. Anyone who trys to argue otherwise will fail, miserably. I know who I am and I know what kind of woman sexually excites me. So fuck the haters, ya'll can **** my **** ******** ****** ***** and ******** shove them up your ******** *** **** *******!
There's a lot of editing that goes on, and the people who play higher are getting more careful about publicly posting things their opponents might see, but the amount of time and effort guys like Checky, Dink and Navy (etc.) have spent helping me learn how to think about the game is completely unprecedented in old school FCP. If I ask someone a question, I will get the best answer they can give me.
Since Dutch is taking the time to make a serious, non ironic post, I will quote it for truth.

I just caught up on this thread and what I've learned is that Vick, while "one" of the nicest guys on this forum, is clearly either run by two people or has some sort of weird split typing personality. Some of his posts are so neatly written and then some contain nothing but shorthand; like they were copied and pasted from a 13-year old girl's text messages. :)Adam..."you" is only two more letters than "u"! The extra effort needed to spell it out is almost completely negligible!

I mean..HE DID PAY FOR MY SON'S COLLEGE EDUCATION!!!! (My son is only 7 and will never have to worry about having money for college)
Ummm, no. You paid for your son's college tuition. I think you give WAAAYYYYY too much credit. Donks can win tourneys too ya know
I think that Adam is speaking is mind and so Privy(sp?).Adam is a passionate guy, and I think that passion is great. He has been an amazing friend, wonderful student, excellent teacher and a solid contributor to the forum. In addition, he is always willing to help someone if and when they need help. Those are admirable qualities.I understand his frustration with the situation at hand because some people don't know me. And it seems like I am being attacked, which I am from time to time.But don't blame Adam, he's a REALLY GOOD GUY. Blame me if anyone. It's easier that way. Just focus all the blame on one person. But not Adam.Lets not turn this into an argument about taking sides, etc.Lets work to make things better.
This post registers strong on the gayometer