games i am world class at

There's only one game series that i know im "world class at" and that's worms (armageddon and world party). Or at least i was when i played regularly.I co-ran two incarnations of the largest leagues (of their time), so my knowledge of the field is pretty... comprehensive, to say the least. For one particular style of games (ropes, if you're at all familiar with online play), I'd say there were maybe 4 or 5 people of all who played competitively who stood a chance at beating me (at that time), and between those people and I, it would be pretty evenly matched. Other types of games i was pretty average at (default, BnG and others if you're familiar), but they were games where very little separated a great player from an average player. I dont think ive ever met anyone who could beat me in goldeneye matches, besides the occasional fluke, but im sure there are tons that would hand my ass to me on a platter. Im really not that great. The people i play are just really bad at it... sounds a lot like poker, when i think about it :club: Same applies for smash brothers, except that several months ago i actually met a couple people who handed my ass to me.

[lameness] Arkanoid. [/lameness]
No shit? I always felt that the NES version was basically impossible to beat without using the cheat. What's the furthest you've gotten without using a cheat?I've been as far as level 14 (roughly).
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order1. homerun king on gamecube-------season best 145-17 :shock: I went 162-0 on Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for Super Nintendo WAY back in the day. Come back when you hit that mark, BIOTCH! 2. mike tyson punchout(old school) damn that soda popinski was tough :evil: You aren't world class if you thought Soda was tough. Only "tough" one is the final guy, Mr. Dream or whatever. What a joke.3. ms. pac man---- I am the GOAT plain and simple 8) If by GOAT you mean, Good once, average today...then alright.4. Galaga----if there was a pro leauge, I would be the michael jordan :club:Noone plays Galaga.5. quaterbacks club for nintendo 64-------ummmmm excuse me sir, but I average 1000 yards of offense in 1 GAME( screaming the word game)This game sucks.many others also, anyone wanna play me :wink: sorry bored here, I know its a useless post :D
I WOULD MURDER YOU AT MINESWEEPER!!!
In no particular order1. homerun king on gamecube-------season best 145-17 :shock: 2. mike tyson punchout(old school) damn that soda popinski was tough :evil: 3. ms. pac man---- I am the GOAT plain and simple 8) 4. Galaga----if there was a pro leauge, I would be the michael jordan :club: 5. quaterbacks club for nintendo 64-------ummmmm excuse me sir, but I average 1000 yards of offense in 1 GAME( screaming the word game)many others also, anyone wanna play me :wink: sorry bored here, I know its a useless post :D
Thanks for not bragging. :)I think I could hold my own with you in both Ms. PacMan and Galaga. Hell, Ms. PacMan was practically my stepmom!

RBI Baseball for NES I can whip anyones ass.The original punch-out I can get to Mr. Dream and land about ooo 3 punches until I'm knocked out / game over. I think it's impossible to win, but I'm good at the game - I've studied eveyrones moves and punching patterns lol.

How can there be 5 pages of this thread and not ONE mention of the BEST NES games on record...Contra...Good god...What is wrong with you people?I used to love playing that game so much and you aren't a hardcore game geek if you don't know the secret code...oh yes, you know the one that which I speak of...

Tecmo Super BowlRaidersPick any playbook for you or meDone
i dont know man i think i am the best ever.screw the play book i will let you pick my team from the followingraiders, bears, bills, eagles or oilers
RBI Baseball for NES I can whip anyones ass.The original punch-out I can get to Mr. Dream and land about ooo 3 punches until I'm knocked out / game over. I think it's impossible to win, but I'm good at the game - I've studied eveyrones moves and punching patterns lol.
Nah, Mr. Dream is beatable, basically, you just have to get REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY good at dodging. Once you master dodging, you can land a punch or two, but it pretty much takes all three rounds to beat him I think, because you can't land very many punches at a time, while if you get hit like, five times, you die. It is doable though.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective PeoplePowerful Lessons in Personal Change was a groundbreaker when it was first published in 1990, and it continues to be a business bestseller with more than 10 million copies sold. Stephen Covey, an internationally respected leadership authority, realizes that true success encompasses a balance of personal and professional effectiveness, so this book is a manual for performing better in both arenas. His anecdotes are as frequently from family situations as from business challenges. Before you can adopt the seven habits, you'll need to accomplish what Covey calls a "paradigm shift"--a change in perception and interpretation of how the world works. Covey takes you through this change, which affects how you perceive and act regarding productivity, time management, positive thinking, developing your "proactive muscles" (acting with initiative rather than reacting), and much more. This isn't a quick-tips-start-tomorrow kind of book. The concepts are sometimes intricate, and you'll want to study this book, not skim it. When you finish, you'll probably have Post-it notes or hand-written annotations in every chapter, and you'll feel like you've taken a powerful seminar by Covey. --Joan Price--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title. Click here to more details.

http://www.xdown.org/viewtopic.php?t=28 [code]mahamnoor1973-post

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective PeoplePowerful Lessons in Personal Change was a groundbreaker when it was first published in 1990, and it continues to be a business bestseller with more than 10 million copies sold. Stephen Covey, an internationally respected leadership authority, realizes that true success encompasses a balance of personal and professional effectiveness, so this book is a manual for performing better in both arenas. His anecdotes are as frequently from family situations as from business challenges. Before you can adopt the seven habits, you'll need to accomplish what Covey calls a "paradigm shift"--a change in perception and interpretation of how the world works. Covey takes you through this change, which affects how you perceive and act regarding productivity, time management, positive thinking, developing your "proactive muscles" (acting with initiative rather than reacting), and much more. This isn't a quick-tips-start-tomorrow kind of book. The concepts are sometimes intricate, and you'll want to study this book, not skim it. When you finish, you'll probably have Post-it notes or hand-written annotations in every chapter, and you'll feel like you've taken a powerful seminar by Covey. --Joan Price--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title. Click here to more details.

http://www.xdown.org/viewtopic.php?t=28 [code]mahamnoor1973-post
  • 4 months later...
i dont know man i think i am the best ever.screw the play book i will let you pick my team from the followingraiders, bears, bills, eagles or oilers
still untouchable in techmo super bowl for the original nintendo.....seriously i still to this day log in at least ten games a week. except now i am so good i will play anyone and pick my team totally blind.i can also kick some *** in tiger woods for xbox. dont really like the play station version because there power button sucks

I always did well at Galaga.Other favorites I was good at:Joust (damn that Black knight, but I found his weakness)Earl Weaver Baseball (possibly the first baseball game for PC)John Madden Football (confound the computer and your friends by designing offensive plays that exploit the computer operated defensive schemes)AD+D (yep, nerd time, but we did smoke loads of hash)I also always thought I could develop into a World class Bridge player, but I never found a dedicated partner, but neither did I look very hard.I just love games...