My god, I would love to fuck Gail.
She's such a tramp.I love when the new seasons start, but really, the first 3-4 episodes are just too hectic. Right now there's too many (3 or 4) chefs that aren't confident and seem like they'll be cooking "scared" and will be wasting everyone's time. Have some god damn confidence in your dish. I hate all the self-loathing. These people are here to win 100 large and have a positive life changing event, but they're afraid to cook new styles and take charge of a dish?Whatever that broad's name is who didn't get kicked off isn't going to last long. Whiny skank.
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, but he certainly wasn't the only whiny, pricky ones. I really think it was something more, like they were just hostile to marcel's approach. Like I remember some diatribe by Ilan, where he he says something like " come down to my kitchen, kid, and I'll teach you what real cooking is all aobut. Basic, simple, pure, We'll use some oregano, some basil" or something like that. It was condescending as hell, and it revealed how hostile Ilan was to Marcel's approach. They all mocked him, mocked his foams and his other gastro techniques.. even they way the said the word was with derision. Sure, he was cocky, but all these cooks are cocky, at least the final 6-7.. they are world class chefs ( or are going to be soon). Marcel was just picked out, I think, because he was stylistically different ( and I think, revolutionary), part of a non-tradition cooking movement that they were threatened by ( and really, completely ignorant about) That, and he had really obnoxious hair.
Marcel was an annoying prick, but it didn't warrant that level of hostility. For all of Ilan's crap, though, Sam snapping in the kitchen supply store during Restaurant Wars was the worst. Calling Marcel out in front of a store full of strangers was incredibly douchey. Not as bad as serving up the watermelon with blue cheese and cream, though.
Why do the Gay Guys always seem to feel the need to let you know about their sexuality in the first 30 seconds of their screen time?
um... I think you mean, why do the gay editors of the show let you know about the guy guy's sexuality the first 30 seconds in. And the answer is, 75 percent of bravo's viewship is gay.

What is the date/time/channel of this show? The only top chef on my Tivo is on Bravo.

MMMM...her or Padma.Being up in Canada, we don't get Top Chef for several months, then it runs on our food tv channel. So for the last round, i had to avoid the thread, even though I was dying to talk about it. So now i just said screw it and am downloading the episodes after they appear.Ya, so that's probably too much information.But still. Gail. I bet she'd be wild in bed. She was probably awkward and geeky in high school and still feels like she has to make up for it.
Hey, Marcel was not a gimmick chef, and molecular gastronomy is not a gimmick! He ended runner up that season, and the way he cooked absolutely blew my mind. I loved marcel because all the other chefs hated him and hated on his style so much, they didn't understand what he did, and belittled it because it wasn't the way they did things. I thought he was absolutely brilliant.
Sam was interested in learning from Marcel. Marcel rubbed people the wrong way. Whether he meant to be or not, he was condescending.This does look to be a good season... it appears they purposely looked for some characters since last season was so harmonious. Lisa and Dale were the villains and pretty weak villains at that.
Hah.. me and my girl always shout out "WHORE!" whenever the camera is fixated on Gail. It started as a gag and we both find it very therapuetic. You also will never be able to convince me that she wasn't going Paula Abdul on Andrew last season. I'd bet the house on it.
This does look to be a good season... it appears they purposely looked for some characters since last season was so harmonious. Lisa and Dale were the villains and pretty weak villains at that.
Everyone hated Lisa with a passion. Hell, lesbians hated Lisa with a passion. She was the George Dubya of Bravo approval ratings. Considering the 3 or 4 times last season where she was easily the best choice to go home, I think the judges kept her on specifically because she was the only good villain left. Not since Season 2 of Hells Kitchen when Gordon sent Keith home over Virginia have I found myself shouting at my television during a chopping block as much as I was any time Lisa was up for the axe from Week 7 on last year.I don't see a whole lot of villains this season. I see a lot of wingnuts. But I'm not seeing villains. Stefan is simply to good to even lower himself to dialogue with most of the riff raff Bravo found at the bus stop. Spike would be considered the villain if he was plopped in the middle of this bunch. But we'll see.. We could see an after hours blanket-party (ala Marcel/ Headshaving) where Team Rainbow holds down Jeff against his will and tries to braid his hair. Time will tell. :club:

ok. I guess I lied about something. I do remember reading a blog of Tom's about last season. He said based on what he saw that he would've sent Lisa home during the restaurant wars episode. Remember that this was the episode where Dale was sent home and Bourdain was the guest head judge. I believe the only Top Chef episode ever where Tom has not been involved.

http://www.thecareandfeedingofman.com/feed...-dice-an-onion/This is the only correct way to do. Thank you Alton Brown for showing me this 10 years ago.
This is how I've chopped on-youns for 10 years now. I guess I'm just lucky.

I'm new to this show. Who is Gail? I've only seen that Padma, the bald dude and some guest judges. Is she the food critic lady that was a judge and was way to artsy and spiritual in describing the food, using buzzwords like texture, color and other things that made me feel like she was full of shit?

she's been with the show from the start and is involved in probably 90% of the episodes. A couple times a season she will dress somewhat sluttily to our delight. Here's a couple pictures that give you the idea somewhat.Gail.gifGailSimmons.jpgplease retract everything negative you just said. thanks.

I will not take it back. She seems completely pretentious, I don't dig her eyes/cheekbones combo, seems like some sort of plastic surgery gone wrong, but everything else looks delightfulDon't get me wrong, she has a cute face and a nice looking body, but...pretentious. papier mache

oh you will rue this day, Mexico. Yes. This day where you essentially said to the starving boy, "Boy, I might be a man with 10,000 apples but I want more." I'd pitifully whisper, "Oh please Mr. Mexico can't my family of 10 brothers and sisters, have one of your apples. We'll work for you for one day if you'd only give us that one worm filled apple." You'd laugh and boastingfully retort, "Don't be silly peasant. Now give me that cabbage you were going to use to feed your family for the next week. I have a monster dump coming." You will rue this day, indeed. Or probably neither of us will remember anything about this.

Dug the first episode. Seems like a few more queers in this season than usual, which should make for some drama and unintentional comedy. I think New York will be a decent setting but they may have blown there proverbial load in the first episode by going to all those different places so soon in the series. It has the potential to be a very pretentious season, which almost happened in Chicago. I actually loathe Ms. Simmons for reasons i have to figure out. Colicchio seems extra prickly right off the bat. The way that kid killed the elimination challenge is why i love this program. Everyone adored the dish and it seemed pretty damn genuine.

oh you will rue this day, Mexico. Yes. This day where you essentially said to the starving boy, "Boy, I might be a man with 10,000 apples but I want more." I'd pitifully whisper, "Oh please Mr. Mexico can't my family of 10 brothers and sisters, have one of your apples. We'll work for you for one day if you'd only give us that one worm filled apple." You'd laugh and boastingfully retort, "Don't be silly peasant. Now give me that cabbage you were going to use to feed your family for the next week. I have a monster dump coming." You will rue this day, indeed. Or probably neither of us will remember anything about this.
mmmmmm, apple pie
Gail is a dirty, dirty whore. I'd smack her ass while i was plowing her from behind.too much?
I've seen your penis. Nobody has ever said "too much"