I'm sure being on Top Chef was something Dave Grohl's celebrity allowed him to do. It's not like his record company pushed this on him and he was totally against it, and I'm sure it wasn't some paid endorsement. It's probably just what he said, something he likes to watch. It's not like the Foo Fighter's fans are probably huge gay cooking people, as a rule.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how people that don't have cable and watch shows illegally, bitch about a little product placement.
It's actually very blurry line as far as legality. I'm fairly sure that nobody has ever been prosecuted for sharing television shows, because they are broadcast in like every home in the country anyways. Also, if I had to sit through commercials and then sit through all the in-show commercials I would probably stop watching, and I friggin love this show.

Yeah, Cobain was a mess before he was ever a commercial success. He just had mental issues. I'm sure making millions and being a celebrity played a small role in it, but ultimately, he just was a mess. If you think about it, they never sold out, did commercials, any of that stuff. Some people just fear success.

people tivo now, and watch torrents. Gotta pay the bills somehow.Funny how people that don't have cable and watch shows illegally, bitch about a little product placement.They could just stop making the show instead
I would actually love it if commercials were totally done away with and everything was just product placement. That would be awesome.
I would actually love it if commercials were totally done away with and everything was just product placement. That would be almost as awesome as the super handling all-wheel drive on my 2009 Acura TL.
cyp
cyp
See! Now I want to buy an Acura TL and I didn't even have to sit through a commercial break!
Funny how people that don't have cable and watch shows illegally, bitch about a little product placement.
This was quite rugged.
Yeah, Cobain was a mess before he was ever a commercial success. He just had mental issues. I'm sure making millions and being a celebrity played a small role in it, but ultimately, he just was a mess. If you think about it, they never sold out, did commercials, any of that stuff. Some people just fear success.
I'm not sure how he could have sold out. He wasn't around for that long after they became ultra popular. Either way, how many rock stars are in commercials or selling lines of clothing?

well lots of commercials use songs nowadays, biiiiiaaaaatttccch. maybe he/they coulda started the trend. to go on a tangent, they use famous people for voiceovers nowadays too which wasn't as commonplace back in the day. now almost all of them do it. like Jim on the iphone commercials or JD for puppy chow or whatever it is.anyway this somewhat boring episode only kept half my attention which is why I started a second viewing as I missed the first 5 minutes and the whole today show segment. I actually missed the today show part twice and stopped watching when I realised that. I guess I forgot what I was doing when I was only half-watching the stuff which I was viewing for the second time. yea yea. tivo blah blah blah. shut your face.I liked how Leah was being all catty when talking about her amuse booch (please sarcasticly make a clever remark about how I'm an idiot whilst correcting my spelling). to paraphrase she basically said, "well I wanted it to be one bite which is what an amuse bouche is."

I liked how Leah was being all catty when talking about her amuse booch (please sarcasticly make a clever remark about how I'm an idiot whilst correcting my spelling). to paraphrase she basically said, "well I wanted it to be one bite which is what an amuse bouche is."
I liked it too...she was right though. And kind of sexy about it. What?Yeah, it was a very boring episode.

I wasn't bored, but the structure was a little jarring. The elimination challenge felt rushed.So, Kathy Lee spitting out the food was her purely hamming it up for the cameras, right? What a bitch.

I wasn't bored, but the structure was a little jarring. The elimination challenge felt rushed.So, Kathy Lee spitting out the food was her purely hamming it up for the cameras, right? What a bitch.
Yeah wtf was all that. There was nothing made, that would have caused someone to spit something out.The correct person went home tonight.

While I did like Leah's quickfire win, she all but tanked the regular change, then admitted that she didn't care. They should have some sort of caveat, that you're immune if you win the quickfire unless you are a consensus worst in the regular elimination round, that way they don't tank.But yeah, I enjoyed the ep

I loved Fabio's indignation after the breakfast challenge "Next time I'll just do some bacon on a piece of toast and some bullshit eggs on top of it and I'll probably make the top 3". It was kinda silly that the top 2 dishes for the quickfire were pretty much identical, though they did look darn good to me.The main challenge was disappointing for me. None of them produced anything that excited me. I think the time limit of 2.5 mins was the cause of that, but I was still shocked at how boring most of the dishes were, even in the top 3. I can't believe watermelon + feta + tomato won. Simple can be delicious, but that dish really didn't prove anything to me. Jeff's looked a lot more impressive, but was probably a bit too high end for TV. Fabio's was just boring for me. Hoping to be impressed more next week. And to see more of Leah and Hosea all over each other.... wakka wakka!

Hoping to be impressed more next week. And to see more of Leah and Hosea all over each other.... wakka wakka!
really? For some reason, I found that party creepy or uncomfortable. I mean, these aren't your usual, run of the mill, idiot reality contestants. Most of these people have a real talent at something worthwhile, and to cheapen it by playing kissy face just seems off to me.Don't get me wrong, I'd toss it in Leah, even though she's only hot by Top Chef contestant standards.also, Fabio is my favorite by far

Fabio is annoying.When the guy says "I like bacon. So pretty much anything with bacon is gonna be a hit with me." and the pompous arse makes some sort of pudding... how stupid are you?He is a good looking guy though...(no homo)

really? For some reason, I found that party creepy or uncomfortable. I mean, these aren't your usual, run of the mill, idiot reality contestants. Most of these people have a real talent at something worthwhile, and to cheapen it by playing kissy face just seems off to me.Don't get me wrong, I'd toss it in Leah, even though she's only hot by Top Chef contestant standards.also, Fabio is my favorite by far
Haha, I wasn't serious about that, no. I just needed a leadup to my "wakka wakka!" quote. I'm hoping someone else noticed when the chubby guy said it at the end of his 'TV' segment. Leah seems like a pretty cold fish from her interview parts, it's weird to see her fooling around with someone.
Haha, I wasn't serious about that, no. I just needed a leadup to my "wakka wakka!" quote. I'm hoping someone else noticed when the chubby guy said it at the end of his 'TV' segment. Leah seems like a pretty cold fish from her interview parts, it's weird to see her fooling around with someone.
if you mean the tubby guy with the NY accent, I know he said "Ba ba boey..." and something else, but I know that first part is something from The Howard Stern Radio show. He wasn't as TV savvy as he thought he was. She seems alright, just clingy and in need of approval. My type of gal