• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carla is my hero. I need at least 5 weeks of her just cuz i'm dying to know what other outfits that batsh*t insane broard packed in her suitcase.Amazed that BigD isn't backing "Team Rainbow". The chick in Team Rainbow doesn't annoy me 1/10th as much as Lisa did last year, so I'm cautiously optimistic.Stefan seems to be a cut above the rest, will be interesting to see who rises to challenge him,

I was a little bit surprised that Mats Sundin won considering how well they said the Island man did.was anyone surprised that the two people who did salads in the quickfire were the bottom two? pretty funny that the two that knew each other were the bottom two.Dr. Chase smiling over the shoulder during the intro is so cheesy and so awesome.I am scared of the tall black chick with the big hair and googlely eyes.

Unfortunately I did not just get to sit down and watch it, I had some stuff going on that distracted me, but I am looking forward to them getting the first 4-6 out of the way, it's just too many dishes to pay attention to.

It appears there is stronger talent (chef talent) on the show this year.
I hope so.
When has a salad ever done well?
Never.
I love all knife skills segments.
It is amazing at how bad some of these professional chefs are with their knife skills. I remember last year watching the quick fire where they had to dice onions and one of the female contestants was doing the cross cutting thing and it took her forever, and they obv lost because of it.
It is amazing at how bad some of these professional chefs are with their knife skills. I remember last year watching the quick fire where they had to dice onions and one of the female contestants was doing the cross cutting thing and it took her forever, and they obv lost because of it.
That episode literally changed the way I cut onions. No joke. I guess I'd seen chef's cut onions fast before, but that's really the first time I'd paid attention to how they do it. I'm kind disappointed that there aren't any molecular gastronomists.
Carla is my hero. I need at least 5 weeks of her just cuz i'm dying to know what other outfits that batsh*t insane broard packed in her suitcase.Amazed that BigD isn't backing "Team Rainbow". The chick in Team Rainbow doesn't annoy me 1/10th as much as Lisa did last year, so I'm cautiously optimistic.Stefan seems to be a cut above the rest, will be interesting to see who rises to challenge him,
Carla is way cool
That episode literally changed the way I cut onions. No joke. I guess I'd seen chef's cut onions fast before, but that's really the first time I'd paid attention to how they do it. I'm kind disappointed that there aren't any molecular gastronomists.
http://www.thecareandfeedingofman.com/feed...-dice-an-onion/This is the only correct way to do. Thank you Alton Brown for showing me this 10 years ago.
was anyone surprised that the two people who did salads in the quickfire were the bottom two? pretty funny that the two that knew each other were the bottom two.
I think my buddy summed it up best when he said "oh look! the two people who didnt actually cook are in the bottom two. What a surprise!"On a side note: How much would it suck to get on Top Chef and never even make it to the #@$#@$ kitchen. lol.
I am scared of the tall black chick with the big hair and googlely eyes.
Embrace her, Carla is going to be the highlight of the season. I'm fully convinced she'd get her own Bravo Reality show if they could figure out a way to keep a cameraman from taking his own life after following her around for 24 straight hours and listening to her ramble.
I'm kind disappointed that there aren't any molecular gastronomists.
I saw someone messing with torches during the cooking montage for the elimination challenge, so there is faint hope still. I'm adtually pretty sure that after the whole Season Two FOOOOOOOOOAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM debacle, the producers and judges are leery of anyone on the application videos that tries to push gimmicks.
Carla is way cool
No she isn't. But that's what makes her cool, so i guess technically she is.
let's keep this thread as it is currently. all men.
I'm sure we've spiked the straight male viewership of Bravo from .001% to .008%.This is the one show I watch that I *cannot* watch live.. The Bravo commercials eat away at my soul.. Just the sped up images during a TiVo fast-forward give me nightmares whenever i close my eyes.
I saw someone messing with torches during the cooking montage for the elimination challenge, so there is faint hope still. I'm adtually pretty sure that after the whole Season Two FOOOOOOOOOAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM debacle, the producers and judges are leery of anyone on the application videos that tries to push gimmicks.
Hey, Marcel was not a gimmick chef, and molecular gastronomy is not a gimmick! He ended runner up that season, and the way he cooked absolutely blew my mind. I loved marcel because all the other chefs hated him and hated on his style so much, they didn't understand what he did, and belittled it because it wasn't the way they did things. I thought he was absolutely brilliant.

Let this serve as a warning:I have not yet watched the episode, but lemme say, Bravo.com is either run by sadists or retards (or sadistic retards). When you go to Bravo dot com or top chef dot com on their site or whatever, it immediately tells you on the front page who was eliminated on the previous show, EVEN IF THE SHOW JUST ENDED MINUTES AGO. I mean seriously, what in god's name is wrong with them?? Like, they replay the episode 800 bazillion times, but if you happen to check their fucking website to see what time the show will be replayed because you missed it, it is instantly ruined for you. Honestly it is just so goddam stupid I can't wrap my head around it. Now for the season premiere I don't care really knowing who is eliminated, but it happened last season too on like one of the last episodes. Go to Bravo to see what time the episode will be re-run cuz you missed it, and BAM no need to watch the episode cuz they tell you who lost in huge letters right on the front page. Fucking assholes, all of them.Now I will go watch the episode, already knowing who has been eliminated, and I will remember never to go to Bravo.com again. I guess if that's the goal of their website, they achieved it quite well.EDIT: I take some comfort in the fact that I illegally download all of the episodes, sans commercials. While I said before that I was looking to see what time the episode would be re-run, in actuality I was looking to see what day the premiere was so I could download it.

Hey, Marcel was not a gimmick chef, and molecular gastronomy is not a gimmick! He ended runner up that season, and the way he cooked absolutely blew my mind. I loved marcel because all the other chefs hated him and hated on his style so much, they didn't understand what he did, and belittled it because it wasn't the way they did things. I thought he was absolutely brilliant.
Picture Patrick wielding a torch and a foam nozzle... That's the potential downside. And I still can't believe Ilan beat out Marcel. FWIW: the other chefs hated Marcel because he was a whiny little prick with stupid hair.
Let this serve as a warning:
Yeah, they are the same geniuses who attempt to show you who is on the chopping block during their previews of the upcoming week. Stupidity breeds rampant at Bravo.com
Picture Patrick wielding a torch and a foam nozzle... That's the potential downside. And I still can't believe Ilan beat out Marcel. FWIW: the other chefs hated Marcel because he was a whiny little prick with stupid hair.Yeah, they are the same geniuses who attempt to show you who is on the chopping block during their previews of the upcoming week. Stupidity breeds rampant at Bravo.com
You also already know who wins the quickfire next week.
Picture Patrick wielding a torch and a foam nozzle... That's the potential downside. And I still can't believe Ilan beat out Marcel. FWIW: the other chefs hated Marcel because he was a whiny little prick with stupid hair.
Okay, but he certainly wasn't the only whiny, pricky ones. I really think it was something more, like they were just hostile to marcel's approach. Like I remember some diatribe by Ilan, where he he says something like " come down to my kitchen, kid, and I'll teach you what real cooking is all aobut. Basic, simple, pure, We'll use some oregano, some basil" or something like that. It was condescending as hell, and it revealed how hostile Ilan was to Marcel's approach. They all mocked him, mocked his foams and his other gastro techniques.. even they way the said the word was with derision. Sure, he was cocky, but all these cooks are cocky, at least the final 6-7.. they are world class chefs ( or are going to be soon). Marcel was just picked out, I think, because he was stylistically different ( and I think, revolutionary), part of a non-tradition cooking movement that they were threatened by ( and really, completely ignorant about) That, and he had really obnoxious hair.