Best Bigs In The Nba

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boozer and Brand get no respect. I hate Duke as much as anyone, but those guys can play ball.
Damn. Until you menioned them they never even entered my mind. And you're right, they are both very good. A little undersized though.
Here's an amusing twist.. Playground Ball.. you got the first pick..1. ) KG2. ) Howard3. ) Duncan4. ) Amare5. ) Bosh2-4 is pretty close, but i'd have a hard time not picking KG first. He's be diving headfirst into the assphault for loose balls.
In 'jungle rules' -- KG wins
Damn. Until you menioned them they never even entered my mind. And you're right, they are both very good. A little undersized though.
Brand was damn near MVP a couple season ago, and Boozer makes up for his inch or two of height just fine with effort/skill.
Boozer is a positional defender, not a shot blocker. You need to go look up the numbers Brand puts up when he is healthy.
Boozer is one of the worst post defenders in the league, I didn't say anything about blocking shots. My problem with Brand is too many times I've seen him get taken out of games when he's matched up with superior players.Don't get me wrong, I like both these guys, they're just not in the same class as guys like Duncan and Stoudemire.

Now my list isn't nessisarly the list I'd make if I wanted to win 1 series, or 1 game or what ever, just who I think has the best total package.. basically, How i would draft them in fantasy. 1) Amare ( an Utter and complete beast)2) Dirk ( one of the most unique talents in the league. Maybe not the most clutch, maybe has some defensive flaws, but is an uncomparable offensive talent, and has improved on D in recent years. )3 Dwight Howard (poised to be the best Center for the next 8 years)4 KG5 Tim Duncan. ( I have always been in the minority in thinking that KG was a better all around player than TD. They both are getting older, and would be higher on this list if they were younger, probably. I think KG is judged unfairly in comparison, because he played on wretched teams and TD played on superior teams. Plus, KG is psycho, and I love that)6 Chris Bosh ( I think Bob is right in saying that he is KG-eque, poor Toronto when they lose him.)7 Al Jefferson ( Most underrated player in the NBA right now. May be higher on this list by year's end. I thought I got a steal when I drafted him for one of my fantasy teams at 21.)

Now my list isn't nessisarly the list I'd make if I wanted to win 1 series, or 1 game or what ever, just who I think has the best total package.. basically, How i would draft them in fantasy. 1) Amare ( an Utter and complete beast)2) Dirk ( one of the most unique talents in the league. Maybe not the most clutch, maybe has some defensive flaws, but is an uncomparable offensive talent, and has improved on D in recent years. )3 Dwight Howard (poised to be the best Center for the next 8 years)4 KG5 Tim Duncan. ( I have always been in the minority in thinking that KG was a better all around player than TD. They both are getting older, and would be higher on this list if they were younger, probably. I think KG is judged unfairly in comparison, because he played on wretched teams and TD played on superior teams. Plus, KG is psycho, and I love that)6 Chris Bosh ( I think Bob is right in saying that he is KG-eque, poor Toronto when they lose him.)7 Al Jefferson ( Most underrated player in the NBA right now. May be higher on this list by year's end. I thought I got a steal when I drafted him for one of my fantasy teams at 21.)
I think you did too. Solid list, I still don't think Amare should be #1 because of his defensive flaws, but I can definately see your angle. I just happened to watch him struggle against Houston today for the first time I watch him :club: But every other time I've seen he's been a beast, and his midrange is looking silky smooth right now. Solid list.Oh, just saw the fantasy thing too, yeah, looks pretty good :ts
Boozer is one of the worst post defenders in the league, I didn't say anything about blocking shots. My problem with Brand is too many times I've seen him get taken out of games when he's matched up with superior players.Don't get me wrong, I like both these guys, they're just not in the same class as guys like Duncan and Stoudemire.
I knew we'd agree on something before too long.FWIW, I'd add these guys in with Jefferson as 7-8-9 on my list, but there's a drop off after #6.

If we have to pick for just one season starting today and I had to build a team to try and win the championship for 1 yr... Duncan. He's been there and done it, he's a great team defender, he's been an MVP and he plays both sides. Ditto for KG, but I think the edge is slightly to TD. Garnett doesn't have the dominant low post game, he's a great player but more of a face up guy.I actually think TD and KG are a big cut above the rest. The others are unproven talents that mostly have large flaws. DH has very little offense, he's a beast and tough to stop but it's all offensive boards and oops. Amare is injury prone undersized and doesn't seem to care abotu defense too much. I'm lowest on Amare out of the four. I really think the bigs are TD, KG, DH, Amare, Other good big men. The gap is big between the four of them but I think it's big between the top 2 and the other 2 as well. (I don't include Dirk as a big, but if I did it'd make it tricky, I'd probably take him #3)

Biedrins has to be on this list.
Not right now
He is turning into one of the best big men in the game.
Agree, he will be on this list in a couple of years. Guy is nasty but I can't put him in the upper echelon of bigs YET. When Maggs is playing PF, you know you can get a ton of boards as a 7'
1. Tim Duncan2. Dwight Howard3. Kevin Garnett4. Amare Stoudemire5. Chris BoshHonorable mention to Elton Brand
Brand is the surest thing to missing the playoffs. Of course he does have one more playoff series win than T-Mac
Brand is the surest thing to missing the playoffs. Of course he does have one more playoff series win than T-Mac
I guess you missed him carrying a horrible Clippers franchise to the second round?The Clippers.... seriously.
That was all Sam Cassell
ET didn't get any votes for MVP that season, sorry.Brand is one of four active players to have career averages of at least 20 points and 10 rebounds per game the other three are Tim Duncan, Shaq, and Kevin Garnett. Look at the names you are putting above him that don't put up his numbers.
ET didn't get any votes for MVP that season, sorry.Brand is one of four active players to have career averages of at least 20 points and 10 rebounds per game the other three are Tim Duncan, Shaq, and Kevin Garnett. Look at the names you are putting above him that don't put up his numbers.
LOL, phone home Sam.
Brand's like Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Same numbers. Just good players on bad teams. Not in the same discussion as the others.

Seriously! Sam Cassell is the magic touch. He's drafted to Houston, they win two rings. He gets traded a lot without being able to make an impact because he keeps getting moved. Milwaukee? Conference finals. He waltzes into Minny, and they make it to the conference finals. Clippers? Best winning record in a...decade? Celtics? Championship. What marvellous things could await the next organization that has his services? Who knows, but I'd imagine that it would be special.

Brand's like Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Same numbers. Just good players on bad teams. Not in the same discussion as the others.
Making it to the final 4 teams of the conference isn't a bad team. That pretty much makes you one of the best 8 teams in the league, and his numbers that year were closer to 25/12.