Best Bigs In The Nba

True. But I think Brand can still have a conceptually better affect upon PHI than Corey will ever have on GSW. Mo Cheeks' teams always start slow, I'm not willing to judge them until after the all-star break and see if they go on a hotter run later on. I think they are one or two decent 3pt shooters away from being good. The problem is that there is no floor spacing for Brand and no real offensive sets from I've seen. They give Brand the ball in the high post and then just watch. They only get the ball back open when he gets double. No cuts, no backdoor reads, no off-ball screening, and Samuel Dalembert just is, really. If they could replace either Iggy or Thad with a solid 3pt shooter who could potentially create their own shot (a Joe Johnson/J-Rich type player would be ideal, though probably out of reach) and really get an offensive set running I'd be very interested in seeing how they do.I mean, GSW. When healthy what the hell line-up do they put on the floor? Monta, Crawford, Captain Jack, Maggette, Biedrins? That may be one of the worst passing line-ups in the history of basketball
That's what I mean. They sign a go-to guy who isn't complemented at all by any of the other players. It's a bad signing, not because Brand isn't a good player, but it's a bad fit.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I mean. They sign a go-to guy who isn't complemented at all by any of the other players. It's a bad signing, not because Brand isn't a good player, but it's a bad fit.
Agreement! You don't take a bunch of above-average athletes, all with a below average basketball IQ and none of which can shoot, and clog them up with Elton Brand. Period.

Jesus, all of us agreeing on a point? Good lord.I still have faith that they can potentially turn it around in Philly though with some work. At GSW it's just a no-mans land right now. What's really interesting is that if the Philly stuff didn't go down, LAC would have Brand and Denver would probably have Camby, both of which would have been scary.

I mean, GSW. When healthy what the hell line-up do they put on the floor? Monta, Crawford, Captain Jack, Maggette, Biedrins? That may be one of the worst passing line-ups in the history of basketball
Despite being the worst passing line up in history, those five in Nelly's system would create matchup ridiculousness on offense. Their defense would be quick outlets off of made baskets.
Despite being the worst passing line up in history, those five in Nelly's system would create matchup ridiculousness on offense. Their defense would be quick outlets off of made baskets.
And they'd give up so much more on that of the defensive end. I saw in the boxscore that Maggette got an assist tonight, I was amazed. But I'd imagine the scoreline would just be what they seem to be now, 110-130 or so
Lets not forget, Brand is playing hurt right now.
you guys are talking about boring players brand and sheed, how many times do you see them on espn highlights?The number one big guys in the league is hands down duncan..
  • 2 weeks later...
you guys are talking about boring players brand and sheed, how many times do you see them on espn highlights?The number one big guys in the league is hands down duncan..
I'd take Dwight over today's Duncan in a heartbeat
I'd take Dwight over today's Duncan in a heartbeat
how many championships does dwight have? and would if the game is on the line and it comes down to your big man making a free throw would u rather still have dwight over duncan?
how many championships does dwight have? and would if the game is on the line and it comes down to your big man making a free throw would u rather still have dwight over duncan?
What is the point of these questions?
wow...just wow...read my response again. see "today's" Duncan.I'd take Dwight over today's Michael Jordan too. proceed with absurd flaming.
wow...just wow...read my response again. see "today's" Duncan.I'd take Dwight over today's Michael Jordan too. proceed with absurd flaming.
I bet you'd take Howard over today's Bill Russell too. LOL. But omgz Howard doesn't even have a great post up game!!!! And do you know how many championships Russell has won?

Joel Pryzbilla. And amazingly, I'm not joking. He's the reason the Blazers are tough as nails this year. He runs the pick and roll splendidly, stays out of foul trouble, and blocks and rebounds like there is no tomorrow. He's playing circles around Oden, yet gleefully comes off the bench 3 minutes into the first quarter after Oden's picked up foul #2.Serious, if Joel was playing in NY LA or CHI right now, he'd be an absolute media darling.He's worked on the FT shooting, is being much more aggressive offensively, and plays smart, heady basketball. He's probably doing more for setting an example for Oden than Shaq is for Amare.Yeah, I'm serious.

Joel Pryzbilla. And amazingly, I'm not joking. He's the reason the Blazers are tough as nails this year. He runs the pick and roll splendidly, stays out of foul trouble, and blocks and rebounds like there is no tomorrow. He's playing circles around Oden, yet gleefully comes off the bench 3 minutes into the first quarter after Oden's picked up foul #2.Serious, if Joel was playing in NY LA or CHI right now, he'd be an absolute media darling.He's worked on the FT shooting, is being much more aggressive offensively, and plays smart, heady basketball. He's probably doing more for setting an example for Oden than Shaq is for Amare.Yeah, I'm serious.
wow, when i first read this, i was like what is this guy smoking. But now that i look at pryzbilla stats, he does make a point.last game against denver, 40 min and 19 rebs. That is a big time game espically he play almost the entire game, rare for a big man these days. Didn't we try to get him in a trade for deng but they wouldn't want to give up joel?
wow, when i first read this, i was like what is this guy smoking. But now that i look at pryzbilla stats, he does make a point.last game against denver, 40 min and 19 rebs. That is a big time game espically he play almost the entire game, rare for a big man these days. Didn't we try to get him in a trade for deng but they wouldn't want to give up joel?
It's hard to separate on-the-record talks between Portland/Chicago from the off-the-record ones, and both get lost in the shuffle of the message-board trade talks anyways.Both Portland and Chicago have an array of young-talent/managable contracts/draft picks, so trading between the two teams isnt nearly as advantageous as one would think. Both parties are far better off looking to teams who are either rebuilding or wanting to unload bigger contracts/stars for return-on-their-trade-dollar.As for the original thought: I'm smoking nothing. I just find it amusing that Pryzbilla is closer to a legit contender for this topic than Oden is at this point of the season. :club:

Maybe the Celtics can bring in Starbury AND Boozer toward the deadline to bolster their locker room presence. :club: