El Guapo & Randy Reed's Cooking Thread

Exactly. Almonds are a large component of many vegetarians diet, along with many other nuts. Why are you trying to argue this?So is tofu, and legumes, and vegetables, and fruit...
Thanks for that, Captain Stereotype. I eat tofu about 10 times a year, does that constitute a "large component"?I've been a vegetarian for 20 years, you've cooked a few dinners for vegetarian family members. Who has more experience? Stop talking out of your ass.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the best way to microwave frozen chicken nuggets?

in a deep fryer.

Hey, Dutch. I’ve got nothing to add. Just saw you posted last and I always enjoy your posts. I’m in the process of buying a house and it has a gas range. Pretty stoked about it.

Thanks for that, Captain Stereotype. I eat tofu about 10 times a year, does that constitute a "large component"?I've been a vegetarian for 20 years, you've cooked a few dinners for vegetarian family members. Who has more experience? Stop talking out of your ass.
What the hell are you talking about? I never said every vegetarian eats XXX. I said these are foods that compromise vegetarian meals.Why do you care if I comment on this. I am totally baffled by this.And I would say 10-15 years of shopping and researching what my mom can and cannot eat because she has allergies to wheat, dairy and other food items would constitute knowing a little about the options for vegetarians. Think about how much stuff vegetarians eat that has wheat in it, she has to find lots of substitutes.
What the hell are you talking about? I never said every vegetarian eats XXX. I said these are foods that compromise vegetarian meals.Why do you care if I comment on this. I am totally baffled by this.And I would say 10-15 years of shopping and researching what my mom can and cannot eat because she has allergies to wheat, dairy and other food items would constitute knowing a little about the options for vegetarians. Think about how much stuff vegetarians eat that has wheat in it, she has to find lots of substitutes.
Compromise? You mean comprise? You basically listed tofu, then 3 of the 5 food groups. Well done... I'm pretty sure everyone in the world eats fruit and vegetables, not just vegetarians.I care that you are trying to argue with me about something I know infinitely more about than you. It offends me that you refuse to accept my knowledge of something I have 20 years of continuous first-hand experience in.I am sure you know a little about options for your vegetarian mother who is allergic to wheat, dairy and other food items. That doesn't mean you know a lot about vegetarianism. It means you are a good son, well done you. My mother is a vegetarian who does not eat wheat due to IBS, and I cook many, many meals for her without using wheat. Risottos, omelettes, stir frys, wheat free pancakes, wheat free pasta dishes, corn tortilla lasagna, curry and rice, etc etc etc.Just stop arguing with me, okay? This is the one topic I know a lot about.
I am taking a Political Science Methods of Inquiry class this semester. Want to know at what p value my Chi-Squared is significant at?
Yes.
It's pretty funny that you're blasting him about having a small sample size, while your sample size seems to consist of 1. Of course most vegetarians eat a lot of nuts...even I know this, and I think vegetarianism is ridiculous so I try to ignore the whole thing as much as possible.

I just had a thought.LG is quite riled up right now over a few very harmless posts made by our nice Mexican friend. What's really going on?Have the Kansas folk been giving you a hard time about your eating habits? Is it something more interesting than that?

Yes.It's pretty funny that you're blasting him about having a small sample size, while your sample size seems to consist of 1. Of course most vegetarians eat a lot of nuts...even I know this, and I think vegetarianism is ridiculous so I try to ignore the whole thing as much as possible.
I am not saying anything about my sample size, but as a vegetarian I know a lot of vegetarians, I've read articles about vegetarianism, read multiple cookbooks written for vegetarians, hell I've even been featured in an article about vegetarianism. Vegetarians do not "eat a lot of nuts". Nuts aren't exactly something that fits well into any recipe. You like nuts on your pizza, or in your sandwiches? We're not freaks, we eat a lot of the same stuff you do and it's not all tofu and nuts. Most of the stuff I eat that has nuts in it is the same things you eat that has nuts in it, like cashew nuts in a Chinese takeaway. I very very rarely cook with nuts, and the same is true of all the vegetarians I know.
I just had a thought.LG is quite riled up right now over a few very harmless posts made by our nice Mexican friend. What's really going on?Have the Kansas folk been giving you a hard time about your eating habits? Is it something more interesting than that?
I was under the impression that ElG was all riled up, and the idea entertained me so much that I decided to drive him into more and more ridiculous arguments for my own amusement.
I am not saying anything about my sample size, but as a vegetarian I know a lot of vegetarians, I've read articles about vegetarianism, read multiple cookbooks written for vegetarians, hell I've even been featured in an article about vegetarianism.
Weird. I don't read that much about meat (and I love meat).
Vegetarians do not "eat a lot of nuts". Nuts aren't exactly something that fits well into any recipe. You like nuts on your pizza, or in your sandwiches? We're not freaks, we eat a lot of the same stuff you do and it's not all tofu and nuts. Most of the stuff I eat that has nuts in it is the same things you eat that has nuts in it, like cashew nuts in a Chinese takeaway. I very very rarely cook with nuts, and the same is true of all the vegetarians I know.
I'm just saying...you've put up about 5 recipes here and at least two that I remember have nuts in them. Face it, you eat a lot of nuts. Stop hiding from yourself and your nutty fetish. All vegetarians eat a ton of nuts and tofu, otherwise why would that be the steriotype?(freak)
she's stuck in a dorm with loud, obnoxious people. and internet people keep telling her what vegetarians are like. it's worth noting that vegetarian courses in the US and britain are probably ridiculously different for this discussion, I think.what do I know, I am not a practicing veggie.
she's stuck in a dorm with loud, obnoxious people. and internet people keep telling her what vegetarians are like.
No, they keep telling her what vegetarians eat. If she's looking for someone to tell her what vegetarians are like, I could jump in with some thoughts.But I won't. She seems ok for a grazer.
No, they keep telling her what vegetarians eat. If she's looking for someone to tell her what vegetarians are like, I could jump in with some thoughts.But I won't. She seems ok for a grazer.
this is no time for semantics. I reserve the right to jump in with inaccurate generalizations whenever I please.
this is no time for semantics. I reserve the right to jump in with inaccurate generalizations whenever I please.
I reserve the right to revoke your right to jump in with inaccurate generalizations whenever you please, and I am exercising said right. And I'm double stamping it, no backsies.
Compromise? You mean comprise? You basically listed tofu, then 3 of the 5 food groups. Well done... I'm pretty sure everyone in the world eats fruit and vegetables, not just vegetarians.I care that you are trying to argue with me about something I know infinitely more about than you. It offends me that you refuse to accept my knowledge of something I have 20 years of continuous first-hand experience in.I am sure you know a little about options for your vegetarian mother who is allergic to wheat, dairy and other food items. That doesn't mean you know a lot about vegetarianism. It means you are a good son, well done you. My mother is a vegetarian who does not eat wheat due to IBS, and I cook many, many meals for her without using wheat. Risottos, omelettes, stir frys, wheat free pancakes, wheat free pasta dishes, corn tortilla lasagna, curry and rice, etc etc etc.Just stop arguing with me, okay? This is the one topic I know a lot about.
FWIW, I never said anything regarding your knowledge of vegetarian cooking, that is something you inferred for some reason. Also if I have read too much of this stuff, and wish mom would at least go back and eat chicken and fish again. After her chemo I did get her to eat some eggs for the first time in 20 years, because she was not getting enough protein in her diet. But now she won't eat them anymore.

Ooh, El G just went for the knockout blow with the cancer card...it's too bad LG is already in bed. The only way to trump that is to claim she doesn't eat nuts because she was raped by this guy:mrpeanut.jpg

she giggled at peanut-shaped biscuit things at the store the other day. she hates sunflower seeds, I don't know about actual peanuts though. I like most nuts.

So, wait, you're vegetarian too?
I think this is my favorite thing my mom makes:http://southernfood.about.com/od/sweetpota.../r/bl50823e.htmI'm gonna have her make it in a few days for my birthday. that and toll house pie. and this other potato casserole, but with mushroom stock instead of chicken stock since LG might be eating it too.
Oh, gaygi. The "a" totally ruined what could have been a much better joke. IT COULD HAVE BEEN TOPICAL!
sorry, sir. point taken. i'll go back to lurking underneath the stairs.any good leftover turkey recipes?
I am not saying anything about my sample size, but as a vegetarian I know a lot of vegetarians, I've read articles about vegetarianism, read multiple cookbooks written for vegetarians, hell I've even been featured in an article about vegetarianism. Vegetarians do not "eat a lot of nuts". Nuts aren't exactly something that fits well into any recipe. You like nuts on your pizza, or in your sandwiches? We're not freaks, we eat a lot of the same stuff you do and it's not all tofu and nuts. Most of the stuff I eat that has nuts in it is the same things you eat that has nuts in it, like cashew nuts in a Chinese takeaway. I very very rarely cook with nuts, and the same is true of all the vegetarians I know.
Try this recipe:Almond Pizza
Thanks for that, Captain Stereotype. I eat tofu about 10 times a year, does that constitute a "large component"?
considering that I've eaten tofu 0 times a year for every year of my life, I'd say comparatively, yes, that is a large component. and bacon is delicious and I will not stand idly by while you badmouth it.anybody have any good indian (dot not feather) recipes?