El Guapo & Randy Reed's Cooking Thread

I just made the ghetto egg drop ramen for the first time in...like a long time, and I put the egg in unscrambled.It curdled up like a mofo and didn't make nice little egg drops like I remember, so....is it best to take it off the heat and put the egg in?I left it on the burner.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the best way to microwave frozen chicken nuggets?

in a deep fryer.

Hey, Dutch. I’ve got nothing to add. Just saw you posted last and I always enjoy your posts. I’m in the process of buying a house and it has a gas range. Pretty stoked about it.

That looks good, but I'm going to throw it out there that I believe the perfect steak is this:-same cut (ribeye), preferably bone-in-thaw to near room temperature-salt and fresh cracked pepper on both sides-rub a very small amount of softened butter on each side (not even enough that could be noticed by the naked eye)-put cast iron skillet on high heat for 5 minutes-1:30 on the first side, flip-1:00 on the other side, then put the entire pan in a 500 degree oven for 5 minutesFreshly made garlic butter to be drizzled over the steak is optional. Sides don't matter...all that matters is the meat, since we're talking about the perfect steak.Cooking time can obviously vary. I also go for the medium rare and use the finger test every minute starting at 4:00.
I concur. Bone-in-ribeye is the best piece of steak to grill.Most steak houses add some butter just after they pull the meat out of the grill.I must admit some good sides, spinach with a little garlic or some broccoli to help the half a cow I just ate always help the alimentary canal stay open
Serves two to three but can be enjoyed by many!
So true. My brother and I take turns leaving a whiff of the weekends BBQ in each other's office on a Monday morning. Ozium rules!!Beans - the thread needs your japo recipe.
I love chorizo and was hoping you'd chime in with some recipes.
please allow me..Hai! heeres my repice fur teh beer stew...Ingredients.1 12oz beer ( mircobrew obv)prepperation....pour into glazz.ENJOY!!!!!!!
Silly question.Man cook outside with fire.Women cook inside with magic box.But just in case do both since I like when the wife bakes something
insulting Bill, I do both, infact I do my turkeys now on the BBQNice recipes guys, as for steaks don't move them around turn and leave unless making that quater turn for grill marksotherwise it tuffens the steak My Turkey recipeMy kids loved it , especially the dressing but where shocked when they found out what was in itwash turkey well, clean inside I always went to the States and bought a butterball turkeyMy dressing chop fresh sasuage about 1/2 lb or 3 larg links (honey garlic)chop 2 large onionschop 4 cloves of garlicchop 2 appleschop 2 -3 sticks of celeryprecook gizzards and chop them well1/3 cup dried cranberrieskosher salt ground pepperfresh sage chopped or dried or powered1 eggdried bread or day old breadmilklarge skillet, start with sasuage and a little oil and butter lightly fry and add onions, garlic, celery, apples, gizzards, cook for 5 minutes. then add to bowl with chopped bread, mix in egg and milk and seasonings to taste add cranberries mix Before stuffing turkey, ligthly season inside of turkey with salt and pepper, and fresh sage then stuffOutside of turkey season with smoke paprarka, lemon seasoning and sage I cover the turkey with bacon as wellthen bake at 350 for roughly 20-25 minutes /lb if doing the Turkey on the BBQ place in deep foil pan,Cover with foil with 2 cups of h2o in pan and drop of oil. cook on indirect heat or low-med and check frequently. Uncover foil last hour of cooking you will find it cooks faster on the BBQMake gravy from dippings

all this turkey and stuffing talk reminds me of something I did a few years ago. my dad makes a pretty mean stuffing (which may be just from a mix, but whatever, it tastes good), you know, the bread type stuffing. well, I took some leftover stuffing, shaped it into bout 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls (YES), salted them a bit, and deep fried em. tasty as all get out.

all this turkey and stuffing talk reminds me of something I did a few years ago. my dad makes a pretty mean stuffing (which may be just from a mix, but whatever, it tastes good), you know, the bread type stuffing. well, I took some leftover stuffing, shaped it into bout 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls (YES), salted them a bit, and deep fried em. tasty as all get out.
Is that where you learned to stuff?
insulting Bill, I do both, infact I do my turkeys now on the BBQNice recipes guys, as for steaks don't move them around turn and leave unless making that quater turn for grill marksotherwise it tuffens the steak My Turkey recipeMy kids loved it , especially the dressing but where shocked when they found out what was in itwash turkey well, clean inside I always went to the States and bought a butterball turkeyMy dressing chop fresh sasuage about 1/2 lb or 3 larg links (honey garlic)chop 2 large onionschop 4 cloves of garlicchop 2 appleschop 2 -3 sticks of celeryprecook gizzards and chop them well1/3 cup dried cranberrieskosher salt ground pepperfresh sage chopped or dried or powered1 eggdried bread or day old breadmilklarge skillet, start with sasuage and a little oil and butter lightly fry and add onions, garlic, celery, apples, gizzards, cook for 5 minutes. then add to bowl with chopped bread, mix in egg and milk and seasonings to taste add cranberries mix Before stuffing turkey, ligthly season inside of turkey with salt and pepper, and fresh sage then stuffOutside of turkey season with smoke paprarka, lemon seasoning and sage I cover the turkey with bacon as wellthen bake at 350 for roughly 20-25 minutes /lb if doing the Turkey on the BBQ place in deep foil pan,Cover with foil with 2 cups of h2o in pan and drop of oil. cook on indirect heat or low-med and check frequently. Uncover foil last hour of cooking you will find it cooks faster on the BBQMake gravy from dippings
I'm having TDay at my house this year and was looking for some new stuffing ideas and that looks good. I've never made a sausage stuffing before but wanted to try one. I'm unsure of the honey garlic sausage though? Is it pork or chicken sausage? Also, I've always been lazy and bought the bagged stuffing and it seems fine. Is there really a big difference in using fresh bread? Every recipe seems to have a different type bread like ciabbata or something.I also have been deep frying the turkeys for a few years now and everyone loves them. I also make a wild mushroom stuffing that everyone likes as well.

OK RR - Here is my sausage stuffing (shut it Sal).Bake home made Corn Bread. I fry up some bacon really crispy in a cast iron skillet, then chop up the bacon into and add that, along with fresh corn kernels into my corn bread batter (I don't have the exact recipe for that, but I am sure any scratch recipe will work) then pour the batter back into the pan with the bacon grease and cook for applicable time.Take a large stock pan and cook some sausage of choice (I like chorizzo) along with sweet onions, walnuts, apples, cranberries, bell pepper, apples and salt and pepper. Add mixture to a large bowl, break up the corn bread while still warm mix by hand with the other fixins and then add a splash of beer or apple cider (Goes perfect with the turkey that I talked about earlier). Then STUFF. Put some in a ramekin and bake also for extra and/or people who won't eat stuffing out of a bird (like my crazy wife).

I'm having TDay at my house this year and was looking for some new stuffing ideas and that looks good. I've never made a sausage stuffing before but wanted to try one. I'm unsure of the honey garlic sausage though? Is it pork or chicken sausage? Also, I've always been lazy and bought the bagged stuffing and it seems fine. Is there really a big difference in using fresh bread? Every recipe seems to have a different type bread like ciabbata or something.I also have been deep frying the turkeys for a few years now and everyone loves them. I also make a wild mushroom stuffing that everyone likes as well.
I use pork honey garlic sasuage but you can use whatever, from chicken to turkey, even chorizzoif using fresh bread. you may need to cut back a little on the milk but again depends on the type of bread and how moist your dressing is, I make my moist as it dries when baking.
My mother makes a stuffing using rice krispies instead of bread. It sounds weird, but is the best thing ever.Ever.
Can you get the recipe?Speedz: "Mom, Can I get the recipe for that stuffing you make with Rice Krispies?"Speedz Mom: "Sure hun, what for?"S: "Well, it's for this message board I post on, you know, on the internet. It's this group of friends, well not friends, e-friends, kinda, called Sickies, but not in the usual place I normally talk to them. 2 of the Sickies.....my friends....e-people, El Guapo...o man.....and Randy Reed, well, they started this cooking thread...."SM: "Thread?"S: " That's what an internet message board is called where conversations take place...doesn't matter....El Guapo and Randy have this place where they are posting recipes and I want to post yours."SM: "Do you even know these sickies? I mean, what if they hunt you down and want to take all of out hard earned jew stash we have hidden!"S: "Mom, I just want the recipe...cause I really like it and want to share it."SM: "Ok Howard, but if it's not good, they better not blame you and come hunt you down."S: "Don't worry Mom, I told them my name was Matt and that I was practicing to be a vet! Do you think I'd really spill my real identity to a bunch of freaks on the internet! They have no idea we own 7 banks in New York and Boston and that we are REALLY LOADED!"But seriously....can you get it?

Last night I made a braised pork roast in a honey Dijon glaze.Glaze (I just made it up as I was going so this may not be accurate)HoneyDijon mustardRed wine vinegarcuminWorcestershiresaltpepperBaked in that reduction with a little water in the baking pan. De glazing and braising with the sauce and water. It was pretty tasty, if I had to do it again, I would allow for more time and cook at a lower temp for longer.

My mother makes a stuffing using rice krispies instead of bread. It sounds weird, but is the best thing ever.Ever.
IntriguedIm more of a corn bread dressing but hey... it could work.Or it could be an awesome level to destroy Spec's Thanksgiving.Muuahahahahahahahaha.
That looks good, but I'm going to throw it out there that I believe the perfect steak is this:-same cut (ribeye), preferably bone-in-thaw to near room temperature-salt and fresh cracked pepper on both sides-rub a very small amount of softened butter on each side (not even enough that could be noticed by the naked eye)-put cast iron skillet on high heat for 5 minutes-1:30 on the first side, flip-1:00 on the other side, then put the entire pan in a 500 degree oven for 5 minutesFreshly made garlic butter to be drizzled over the steak is optional. Sides don't matter...all that matters is the meat, since we're talking about the perfect steak.Cooking time can obviously vary. I also go for the medium rare and use the finger test every minute starting at 4:00.
Alton Brown, yeah? I do pretty much the same thing. I'm amazed at how good it is every single time.
i didn't scramble them in college, just cracked it into the broth, then stirred it, letting the hot broth cook the egg. This was taught to me by a genuine asian.
I know a genuine asian (Indonesian!) who does this as well. It's a winner.

First i've gotta thank Guapo for the AWESOME turkey tip. We had our Thanksgiving yesterday and i basted my turkey with butter every 20 mins or so and it was AMAZING. Everyone was shocked as to how i got the turkey to stay SOOOOOOOOOOO moist and juicy. (of course i took all the credit). It was by far the greatest turkey i've ever had and was relatively effortless.Here is one of my quick ideas for any dinner, and it takes the chore out of cooking as well as keeps everything cooked perfectly.start with your meat, i personally do this for chicken breasts (especially) and have tried it with pork loin chops, but any boneless meat will work. Lay out a large sheet of tin foil and place meat in center (i'm too fussy with how i like my beef cooked so i would never try it with beef). Season with whatever you like (marinades are good too). Cover in your favorite vegetables (i try to match with what goes well with my meat). Wrap foil packs and place on cookie sheet. Cook in oven at 350 for about 30-40 mins (depending on size of meat). We experiment with different sauces and marinades. The meat will be melt in your mouth perfect while the veggies will be tender crisp. I like to make egg noodles or rice and open foil right on top.You can experiment with different sauces, we use anything from oyster sauce to a simple oil/vinegar type dressing and it's a completely different meal everytime. And everyone can choose what goes in according to what they like.As for cheap student dinners, i suggest kraft dinner and hotdogs. I don't know why but this is my all time comfort food favorite. I use about 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese as well and i'm fussy about my hotdogs (but i get them from a local meat packer and i don't think they are readily available anywhere else). But make your KD and add extra cheese after you mix. Then cook your hotdogs and cut them into bite sized pieces (i use about 6 hotdogs for this) Mix them into your KD, add onions if you like (they add a little crunch and flavour) you can sweat them off if you like, but no need to unless you can't handle them raw and eat.

My dad's Potato Boat recipe:Ingredients:Precook pound of bacon precut to 1/2" strips8 large potatoes1 block of chedder cheese1 red onion 4 table spoons butter2 extra large aluminum foil sheetsFold the edges of aluminum together to make a really large square that is water tight.Spray with PamAdd 8 large potatoes cut to 1"- 2" cubesAdd baconAdd 1 block of chedder cheese cut into 1" cubesCut onion into long narrow strips, sprinkle throughout.Add 4 tablespoons of butterFold aluminum over seal to make a 2' long 10" diameter boat shapeBarbeque till potatoes are soft. 30-40 minutessalt to taste

First i've gotta thank Guapo for the AWESOME turkey tip. We had our Thanksgiving yesterday and i basted my turkey with butter every 20 mins or so and it was AMAZING. Everyone was shocked as to how i got the turkey to stay SOOOOOOOOOOO moist and juicy. (of course i took all the credit). It was by far the greatest turkey i've ever had and was relatively effortless.Here is one of my quick ideas for any dinner, and it takes the chore out of cooking as well as keeps everything cooked perfectly.start with your meat, i personally do this for chicken breasts (especially) and have tried it with pork loin chops, but any boneless meat will work. Lay out a large sheet of tin foil and place meat in center (i'm too fussy with how i like my beef cooked so i would never try it with beef). Season with whatever you like (marinades are good too). Cover in your favorite vegetables (i try to match with what goes well with my meat). Wrap foil packs and place on cookie sheet. Cook in oven at 350 for about 30-40 mins (depending on size of meat). We experiment with different sauces and marinades. The meat will be melt in your mouth perfect while the veggies will be tender crisp. I like to make egg noodles or rice and open foil right on top.You can experiment with different sauces, we use anything from oyster sauce to a simple oil/vinegar type dressing and it's a completely different meal everytime. And everyone can choose what goes in according to what they like.As for cheap student dinners, i suggest kraft dinner and hotdogs. I don't know why but this is my all time comfort food favorite. I use about 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese as well and i'm fussy about my hotdogs (but i get them from a local meat packer and i don't think they are readily available anywhere else). But make your KD and add extra cheese after you mix. Then cook your hotdogs and cut them into bite sized pieces (i use about 6 hotdogs for this) Mix them into your KD, add onions if you like (they add a little crunch and flavour) you can sweat them off if you like, but no need to unless you can't handle them raw and eat.
We call those "hobo-dinners" More politically correct term would be "urban outdoorsman meals" You can do those when camping too... use heavy duty foil... wrap a pork chop with some potato wedges, onion slices and baby carrots... sprinkle some seasoned salt and black pepper... throw on the hot coals of a campfire for about 45 minutes.... yum.

thanks for starting the thread. very nice stuff being posted.For checking steak doneness: Hold your hand in a fist. In the fleshy part between your thumb and first finger press down. Barely closed fist is rare, half clenched fist is medium and a tight fist is well done.make pot butter and then use it in many different recipes.Price Chopper had pork tenderloins, buy one get one free. Made this rub for them: 2 tbs salt2 tbs pepper2 tbs brown sugar1 tbs cayenne1 tbs paprika1 tbs ground mustard1 tbs mexican chili powdermix in bowl, place loin on cutting board, cover with rub, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and marinate overnight. I baked mine in a glass, foil covered pan for 45 minutes and they were done on the meat thermometer. shred pork with two forks, add bbq sauce( I was lazy and used Dinosuar bbq sauce), place on a fresh roll and enjoy.

Here's a great, super-easy recipe for partys or football games, sounds kind of strange, but they are the bomb....1 Bag ARMOR meatballs2 jars HEINZ chili sauce (by the BBQ sauce and stuff at the grocery usually)1 large jar grape jelly.If you're short on time, cook the meatball according to the package and them dump everything into a crock-pot. If you start early enough you can just put everything in the crock-pot and go. I add some red pepper flakes and cayenne to mine to heat it up a bit.

Here's a great, super-easy recipe for partys or football games, sounds kind of strange, but they are the bomb....1 Bag ARMOR meatballs2 jars HEINZ chili sauce (by the BBQ sauce and stuff at the grocery usually)1 large jar grape jelly.If you're short on time, cook the meatball according to the package and them dump everything into a crock-pot. If you start early enough you can just put everything in the crock-pot and go. I add some red pepper flakes and cayenne to mine to heat it up a bit.
Substitute Jalapeno jelly for grape and you stole that from my dad (although he has used grape before too)THIEF!