I was kind of disappointed in the finale'. Don't know if it needs the spoiler shield but just in case.

1. Why was ATF lady worried about who she'd shot, surely she could easily turn it into a legal shoot2. How can Jax and the gang so cavalierly kill Harold Rollins. They left tons of evidence, along with an eyewitness to them confronting Rollins (yeah I know he told the kid not to tell the cops, but he's like what-12?). Are they really that secure in their doings in Charming that they can literally get away with murder?3. When Irish dad Knife's the prospect, I thought the Doc should've gone for the gun, it seemed Irish dad was vulnerable at that point.4. So the Chief and Gemma are just gonna ride out of town, hmmm (in a squad car).Other than that it just seems like they stretched the episode to fit the 90 minute time slot (though the last commercial break lasted about 10 minutes). Still one of my favorite shows, sucks to wait another year to find out how they save the baby (duh!).

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

most ridiculous opening sequence ever

not really, nope.     hey bigd, your favorite character made an appearance tonight.   i'll stand by my conviction he deserves an emmy.

honestly fx, a 1.75 hour premiere that is 50 minutes commercials? GTFO.

I was kind of disappointed in the finale'. Don't know if it needs the spoiler shield but just in case.

1. Why was ATF lady worried about who she'd shot, surely she could easily turn it into a legal shootHer team knew the only gun in the house besides hers had blanks. Furthermore, she shot an unarmed man in the back. Cops don't get to do that. 2. How can Jax and the gang so cavalierly kill Harold Rollins. They left tons of evidence, along with an eyewitness to them confronting Rollins (yeah I know he told the kid not to tell the cops, but he's like what-12?). Are they really that secure in their doings in Charming that they can literally get away with murder?Agree.3. When Irish dad Knife's the prospect, I thought the Doc should've gone for the gun, it seemed Irish dad was vulnerable at that point.Me too. The gun was RIGHT THERE.4. So the Chief and Gemma are just gonna ride out of town, hmmm (in a squad car).Probably the best way for her to get out of town. Even if there's an APB on her no one is gonna check a cop car.Other than that it just seems like they stretched the episode to fit the 90 minute time slot (though the last commercial break lasted about 10 minutes). Still one of my favorite shows, sucks to wait another year to find out how they save the baby (duh!).

see my spoilered responses.I think they tried to go for too many cliff hangers and most of them just felt forced. Like Clay just leaving the quick shop when Jax called. Really? You can't spare 2 minutes to go in, pop a cap, grab the security tape and split? DUMB move. It's like the writer is trying too hard to make a "joker" type nemesis to jax's "batman." You know, the super villain that pops up every once in a while to stir up shit.
see my spoilered responses.I think they tried to go for too many cliff hangers and most of them just felt forced. Like Clay just leaving the quick shop when Jax called. Really? You can't spare 2 minutes to go in, pop a cap, grab the security tape and split? DUMB move. It's like the writer is trying too hard to make a "joker" type nemesis to jax's "batman." You know, the super villain that pops up every once in a while to stir up shit.
Yeah I'll agree, I was like wtf. What I didn't like was how exactly did they know where the guy that took Jax's son was going. One minute he is standing with Clay and the others, he gets the call, and he is gone. Next thing you know they are chasing the guy down a dock. Baby have onstar aboard or something lolI still thought it was entertaining though, mindless television :club:

I thought the finale was good until the last few minutes. I didn't understand some of what was going on there.At least there will be another season (hopefully)

SoA has been picked up for Season 3, Sept. 2010. Show creator Sutter has been given a two-year contract (which kind of implies there'll be a season 4).Sutter has been making noises about doing some SoA related webisodes, maybe the Nomads or Otto's adventures in jail. There are a couple of other ideas. Could be interesting.

• 8 months later...

So I finally got around to checking this show out. It's sort of terrible, imo. Like Dexter, it's nearly funny it's so bad, actually. I love how instead of having the balls or skill to try to make us like racist redneck animals, they sort of whitewash it and make these guys sort of bikers with a conscience. Everyone in the series overacts, and I am tempted to fast forward every scene Katey Sagal is in. That's after one episode. I'm told it gets more ridiculous, but I'm not sure I will ever get much further.Also, Drea de Matteo looks to have had a brutal 10 years called "her 30s."Also, the casting is ****ing horrific. I don't believe Hellboy or Kurt Cobain as bikers.Edit: Racism is really picking up in ep. 2. We'll see how things go.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

why do they play the theme song later and later each episode? they are up to like 15 minutes into the episode now. i thought the shield got carried away with this but no this takes the cake. i also think ending the episodes with the song sortofmontage is getting a little cliche.i do like where they are going with it this last episode though.

They've had long "intros" for a while now. I don't understand how this affects your viewing pleasure in any way whatsoever. How is them continuing to do something they've done for multiple seasons (the song montage things) cliche? That word doesn't mean what you think it means.I like where the season is at as a whole. The only weird part for me was the whole Canada business. I don't know how often I've seen a show will spend time setting up a pretty important plot-point that you, the viewer, knows isn't true. I don't necessarily dislike it, but I'm more confused by the idea. If they went to Vancouver, we know that Abel isn't there, so a lot of the drama would probably have been missing. The ending of the last episode was a twist I didn't see coming, but I've always liked when Jax is playing both sides.

they have the annoying previously on which the draw out too much. then they start with the show.then 15 minutes later they play the song.you really don't understand whats wrong with that?

they have the annoying previously on which the draw out too much. then they start with the show.then 15 minutes later they play the song.you really don't understand whats wrong with that?
Aside from the "Previously on...", which everyone does , no, I don't see anything wrong with it. What do you see wrong with it? You'd prefer to see a 1 minute clip of something irrelevant, possibly witty but probably forced, and then the "Riding through this world..." followed by 3 minutes of commercials? Crazy me, I like 10-15 minutes of television before I see a fucking advertisement.
  • 1 month later...

So I must be one of the only viewers left of this show, but I thought the scene where Jax was watching his kid with his new family was pretty good and then the whole aftermath of what happened to that family and how it shook him up was pretty good. But I'm easily entertained.

I think we'll look back on Season 3 as the season of Jax. The slow, grinding pace of the episodes and Ireland story arc reflects Jax's strategic view. Whereas Clay is often more focused on immediate solutions with immediate relief for an issue or immediate gain for the club, Jax seems to take the longer view and is willing to take a few bumps in the short run to assure a larger, more permanent gain at a much later date. That approach seems to be well reflected in the pacing and powerful conclusion this season.

I am so glad that Opie got to off Stahl and Chips the irishman. Perfect ending for this season. Can't wait until the 4th.
There was something Opie said at the end to Stahl that I couldn't understand, anyone know what he said? Stahl said something like "Have mercy."