I think this season is definitely much better than last season. Seems like last season they were just going for shock value, this season they have more story.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

most ridiculous opening sequence ever

not really, nope.     hey bigd, your favorite character made an appearance tonight.   i'll stand by my conviction he deserves an emmy.

honestly fx, a 1.75 hour premiere that is 50 minutes commercials? GTFO.

I think this season is definitely much better than last season. Seems like last season they were just going for shock value, this season they have more story.
Holy crap. Did I just quote Gallo for truth?
  • 2 weeks later...

Is today the season finale? I know they mentioned it was going to an hour and a half, but they never said it was going to be the season finale.

It'll be interesting to see how the revelation impacts the group. I'm conflicted about Chibs is doing. On one hand it could be an instant death sentence due to the "once a rat, always a rat" kind of mentality. On the other, it could wrap up the Zobel/IRA problem in one fell swoop. I have a question about last week's episode. Did they ever confirm that Darby and Fingers the Accountant actually perished in the fire or is there a possibility that one/both are alive and laying low?

wow! THAT was a major episode.So much shit came together, I kind of wish last night's ep was the 90 minute one.I'm gonna take a guess here:Sometime in the next season chibs, juice, or (unlikely but possible) tigg is going to have some sort of crisis that they end up talking to jax about and he's going to give that person his dad's book. THAT'S how jax is going to win, spreading the new gospel one brother at a time.The effect that gemma's waiting to spill is having on the dynamic of the group is really interesting.Opie is the fuckin man, he totally broke that bitch.

There was a lot of shit for 1 episode, definitely one of the best episodes so far. And at first I thought Tig was hallucinating when he kissed Gemma and then told Opie about Donna. I was waiting for Tig to wake up from some dream.

I don't know why I keep watching this ****ing show.What kind of biker gang gets all weepy about rape? Gang Rape is like biker SOP, as far as I understand it.
I also kinda find it funny in that there is a hispanic in their gang. And the leader of the league doesn't even look white.
I also kinda find it funny in that there is a hispanic in their gang. And the leader of the league doesn't even look white.
LOL well not all biker gangs are all white, so I guess I can buy that. Maybe. But you have good eye on Adam Arkin. His father Alan, I know was a jew, I'm not sure if Adam is one or not, but he's got enough jew blood in him to make him not really qualified to run an aryan gang.
I don't know why I keep watching this ****ing show.What kind of biker gang gets all weepy about rape? Gang Rape is like biker SOP, as far as I understand it.
They're MO is typically drug manufacturing and distribution as well. SOA is to 1%ers what West Wing was to white house politics. Fictional with nuggets of truth thrown in here and there. Doesn't mean they're bad shows.
They're MO is typically drug manufacturing and distribution as well. SOA is to 1%ers what West Wing was to white house politics. Fictional with nuggets of truth thrown in here and there. Doesn't mean they're bad shows.
Oh I know.. there's plenty of other perfectly good reasons why SOA and west wing are bad shows. And yet I watch on. SOA is my guilt pleasure right now, I guess.
Oh I know.. there's plenty of other perfectly good reasons why SOA and west wing are bad shows. And yet I watch on. SOA is my guilt pleasure right now, I guess.
You really think it's THAT bad? I'm not saying it's one of the best shows ever, but it is still pretty good.

Yeah I don't think it's near "guilty pleasure" territory for me. BigD if it appeals your sense of smugness think of it as a modern retelling of a Shakespearean classic.Or a commericalized raping of a time honored classic if it appeals to your sense of rape.

Yeah I don't think it's near "guilty pleasure" territory for me. BigD if it appeals your sense of smugness think of it as a modern retelling of a Shakespearean classic.Or a commericalized raping of a time honored classic if it appeals to your sense of rape.
Hank come on, I don't need this sort of moonlanding shit, it's not like the hamlet comparisons are hard to piece together. I don't want bash on a show ya'll like, Lord knows i've ruined dexter for enough people... I just might pop in from time to time to bitch about some thing that sticks in my craw, like jew leaders of aryan nation, or the precious little actual raping going on by a 1 % biker gang
Hank come on, I don't need this sort of moonlanding shit, it's not like the hamlet comparisons are hard to piece together. I don't want bash on a show ya'll like, Lord knows i've ruined dexter for enough people... I just might pop in from time to time to bitch about some thing that sticks in my craw, like jew leaders of aryan nation, or the precious little actual raping going on by a 1 % biker gang
I knew you would have the hamlet thing, I was just trying to get you to come around by appealing to your sense of superiority and fondness for rape. Like it or don't, it doesn't really bother me. Unless the arguments being presented are pretty ridiculous and/or overly nit-picky. Such as narrowing in on relatively minute detail like a prop being used incorrectly and dismissing the entire show based on that (a la the Fringe thread). Often it seems to boil down to willingess to suspend disbelief in these types of completely subjective disagreements. If you're not willing to accept the premise of an MC that doesn't fit the mold, then you're probably going to find a lot to fault the show for. But does every fictional show that isn't completely fantastical have to have characters and plot points that adhere strictly to reality?
Often it seems to boil down to willingess to suspend disbelief in these types of completely subjective disagreements. If you're not willing to accept the premise of an MC that doesn't fit the mold, then you're probably going to find a lot to fault the show for. But does every fictional show that isn't completely fantastical have to have characters and plot points that adhere strictly to reality?
Yeah, that's not really my issue with a show. It's more the humorless tone of it, the predictability of the plot, and the general soap opera-y writing and dialog. I don't know that the Sopranos adhere's strictly to reality, but it had a really high level of writing, character development, and humor. I wish SOA had more of that.
Yeah, that's not really my issue with a show. It's more the humorless tone of it, the predictability of the plot, and the general soap opera-y writing and dialog. I don't know that the Sopranos adhere's strictly to reality, but it had a really high level of writing, character development, and humor. I wish SOA had more of that.
I can't honestly argue with that. IMO it's a good show, but it could be a great show.--editSince I'm bored at work I will expand a bit.I don't know that America is ready for a group of protagonists that would be as gritty as true 1%ers and I don't know if you could truly potray them as protagonists. Sure, FX broke a lot of ground on that front with Vic in the shield but he was doing all the wrong things for the right reasons. Bikers would be doing all the wrong things simply because they don't give a fuck.I think if the show could stand to go a little further down that road and make the show, for lack of a better term, darker. If they could find that tightrope between celebrating deplorable acts and doing them because they are the only option kind of thing the show could rise to the level of greatness.

I thought tonite's show was better than last week's.Question: After a commercial as they reintro into the show, when it's in "cartoon" mode, they show a cockroach sliding through the scene (I had to put it on slow-mo to see this). I don't understand the symbolism in this.Anyone?

I can't honestly argue with that. IMO it's a good show, but it could be a great show.--editSince I'm bored at work I will expand a bit.I don't know that America is ready for a group of protagonists that would be as gritty as true 1%ers and I don't know if you could truly potray them as protagonists. Sure, FX broke a lot of ground on that front with Vic in the shield but he was doing all the wrong things for the right reasons. Bikers would be doing all the wrong things simply because they don't give a fuck.I think if the show could stand to go a little further down that road and make the show, for lack of a better term, darker. If they could find that tightrope between celebrating deplorable acts and doing them because they are the only option kind of thing the show could rise to the level of greatness.
Yeah, you could only do that on HBO or something ( because, they put out OZ over 10 years ago, FFS). I loved the scene where the doctor decked and threatened the administrator. I love her slow transformation into biker bitch this season.
Yeah, you could only do that on HBO or something ( because, they put out OZ over 10 years ago, FFS). I loved the scene where the doctor decked and threatened the administrator. I love her slow transformation into biker bitch this season.
At first I was "meh." But then, oooh then, doc starts beating her ass and I was giddy that the square went all darkside in the hospital.

Agree that making the bikers too dark will make it difficult for the average viewer to sympathize with them. It's not a documentary. Same thing goes on with Dexter in that the writers refuse to make him a true sociopath with zero feelings. Characters without any redeeming qualities whatsoever are simply commercial suicide.And although you could jump on Kurt Sutter for 'selling out' on his biker vision, the reality is he still has to be able to make it marketable for a TV station.