But that doesn't mean a difficult pregnancy, especial not for a healthy athletic woman who has received excellent prenatal care.You guys are cracking me up talking about what a bad decision it was, like you were there. It was between her and her doctors, isn't that how the left is always preaching it should be?
When a situation is brought up which questions the judgement of someone in her position I believe it's in anybody's right to question it.
Since the liberals would have aborted the baby after the first amnio the whole talking point is asinine.
Nope the liberals would've used birth control.
  • Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a situation is brought up which questions the judgement of someone in her position I believe it's in anybody's right to question it.Nope the liberals would've used birth control.
You simply have no educational basis or sufficient information to question her judgement, like the moron PhD who "fears for the children".Liberals wouldve used birth control? Talk about denial. What cohort of society has the most teen pregnancyies and what is their nearly monolithic voting pattern?
You simply have no educational basis or sufficient information to question her judgement, like the moron PhD who "fears for the children".Liberals wouldve used birth control? Talk about denial. What cohort of society has the most teen pregnancyies and what is their nearly monolithic voting pattern?
So because I'm not a doctor and you don't feel theres enough information I can't question her judgement? Thats absurd how many people in here have foriegn relations experience, Military experience, Economic Degrees etc but yet we all question these things regularly.My birth control comment was tongue in cheek. You made a ridiculous comment as if all liberals are abortion machines and I responded in kind.
So because I'm not a doctor and you don't feel theres enough information I can't question her judgement? Thats absurd how many people in here have foriegn relations experience, Military experience, Economic Degrees etc but yet we all question these things regularly.My birth control comment was tongue in cheeck. You made a ridiculous comment as if all liberals are abortion machines and I responded in kind.
No...because you dont have enough information you have no basis to question her judgement. A doctor with the same information might have a general opinion about the risks from his knowledge or experience, but still would not have enough information about the specifics.Nice retreat on the birth control issue. foreign relations, military, economics are not personal issues. There is very little unknown information, and it doesnt take a degree or experience in the field to assess whether someone is blowing smoke on the issues or knows what they are talking about and whether their judgement can be trusted.

Wow the press really has it in for her. I had to hear in the Canadian media that Biden plaugerized speaches in his 88 bid for the nomination something I never saw anywhere in US news.I used to think the media "liberal bias" was just a myth but some of things I have seen in the US news this campaign is pretty blatently biased.

No...because you dont have enough information you have no basis to question her judgement. A doctor with the same information might have a general opinion about the risks from his knowledge or experience, but still would not have enough information about the specifics.Nice retreat on the birth control issue.
In the world according to you there isn't enough information. I on the other hand have read a number of articles on this issue and time line etc from real news sources and not blogs. I believe I have gained enough information to question it. I'm not saying she was irresponsible but I'd like to hear someone in the know explain why her and her doctor handled the situation as such as it vastly differs from what one has been led to believe. I'd question the trooper situation too but I'm not a trooper so you'd likely say I had no right.Far from a retreat on the birth control issue. I thought you were being smug and responded as such. I had no idea you felt that all liberals think that way and it's kind of sad if you were being serious.foreign relations, military, economics are not personal issues. There is very little unknown information, and it doesnt take a degree or experience in the field to assess whether someone is blowing smoke on the issues or knows what they are talking about and whether their judgement can be trusted.But yet in other threads you've spoken about how/when you believe that life begins. So there is enough information out there on this part of pregnancy for not only you to come to a conclusion but for you to feel as though others should but there isn't enough information on pregnancy out there for others to question how she handled the day she gave birth? Or are you a doctor and I missed that?
Wow the press really has it in for her. I had to hear in the Canadian media that Biden plaugerized speaches in his 88 bid for the nomination something I never saw anywhere in US news.I used to think the media "liberal bias" was just a myth but some of things I have seen in the US news this campaign is pretty blatently biased.
i've seen it mentioned by MSNBC, CNN, and FAUXNEWS alike, both during the primaries and since he was nominated as VP. the reason the news largely ignores it now is that it's old news and fairly repetitive. he paid the price for doing that in 88.
Liberal bias in the media has been the subject of enough university studies that there is no reasonable basis to deny it.Im surprised you never heard about the plagiarism though, not from the MSM but almost any written bio of Biden talks about it. It wasnt a single instance of plagiarism, and there were also cases of his overstating his academic credentials.
Far from a retreat on the birth control issue. I thought you were being smug and responded as such. I had no idea you felt that all liberals think that way and it's kind of sad if you were being serious. You missed the point, although my ironic statement may have not made it clear. My point was that many of the same people who are questioning her judgement in handling the birth would have no basis to question her judgement in aborting the fetus. A considered risk determined not to threaten the child <<<<<< a judgement to abort the child. The juxtaposition of the two is hilarious.foreign relations, military, economics are not personal issues. There is very little unknown information, and it doesnt take a degree or experience in the field to assess whether someone is blowing smoke on the issues or knows what they are talking about and whether their judgement can be trusted.But yet in other threads you've spoken about how/when you believe that life begins. So there is enough information out there on this part of pregnancy for not only you to come to a conclusion but for you to feel as though others should but there isn't enough information on pregnancy out there for others to question how she handled the day she gave birth? Or are you a doctor and I missed that? I have never said other should have the same opinion as to when life begins, in fact I have said quite the opposite numerous times. I am pro-choice in these circumstances and would never have questioned her decision to abort it. No one but her, her doctor, and the rest of her family know the extent of the discussions about specific risks in her actual situation. Therefore no one else has sufficient information to question her judgement. Its very simple if you take off your pink colored glasses, which may filter out what Ive written,

You missed the point, although my ironic statement may have not made it clear. My point was that many of the same people who are questioning her judgement in handling the birth would have no basis to question her judgement in aborting the fetus. A considered risk determined not to threaten the child <<<<<< a judgement to abort the child. The juxtaposition of the two is hilarious.Yep I missed it, I still don't find the comment remotely hilarious but whatever.I have never said other should have the same opinion as to when life begins, in fact I have said quite the opposite numerous times. I am pro-choice in these circumstances and would never have questioned her decision to abort it. No one but her, her doctor, and the rest of her family know the extent of the discussions about specific risks in her actual situation. Therefore no one else has sufficient information to question her judgement. Its very simple if you take off your pink colored glasses, which may filter out what Ive written, I believe you have said that others should have come to a conclusion on when life begins but hey maybe it's just politicians that you feel should have a conclusive answer to this. Again to many people there is sufficient information out there to make a simple question of judgement, you may not feel that I way but I highly suspect thats more due to your shaded glasses then anything else.

Imagine the reaction the Dems would have if something like the rumors about Palins baby were being thrown at one of their own. Everything would be about the right wing attack machine and it would be all over the news.
i quote this as a summary of a lot of sentiments i've seen like this one, that it's somehow unfair that the left learned to be as misleading and heartless during campaigns as Rove and his ilk have been for the right for the past 25 years.its not. its politics. its ugly and its wrong but it has become part of the game. might have always been, i dont know. but to complain now because the dems are apparently keen to the fact that it helps win elections is asinine and narrow-minded.it would sort of be like bill walsh protesting for the last 25 years because other teams are running the west coast offense, or pythagoras whining about niggas stealing his theorem. its all a part of the game now. deal with it.(that goes for you too dems, as i think the hillary-obama contest showed. and that was just a primary.)
I believe you have said that others should have come to a conclusion on when life begins but hey maybe it's just politicians that you feel should have a conclusive answer to this.
I have said that someone who has an OPINION on abortion MUST have come to an OPINION on when life begins, not that their opinion should be the same as mine. It is a philosophical issue that will never be conclusive in one way or another. Opinions are not "conclusive answers", they are judgements informed by facts, and the abortion/human life issue are too intertwined to separate them. It isn't just politicians who should be intellectually consistent, but they are ulitmately the only ones that matter, and they are the ones who are looking for our vote on issues. (Not that abortion itself would ever be a consideration in my vote.) Since BHO is well educated in a discipline that is very methodical and deliberate, I simply don't believe that he hasn't formed such an opinion, especially when his legislative record is so extreme.
i quote this as a summary of a lot of sentiments i've seen like this one, that it's somehow unfair that the left learned to be as misleading and heartless during campaigns as Rove and his ilk have been for the right for the past 25 years.its not. its politics. its ugly and its wrong but it has become part of the game. might have always been, i dont know. but to complain now because the dems are apparently keen to the fact that it helps win elections is asinine and narrow-minded.it would sort of be like bill walsh protesting for the last 25 years because other teams are running the west coast offense, or pythagoras whining about niggas stealing his theorem. its all a part of the game now. deal with it.(that goes for you too dems, as i think the hillary-obama contest showed. and that was just a primary.)
I dont think he disagrees with you, he's pointing out the hypocrisy of anyone who thinks that the lefts motivations are any more pure and righteous than the rights.
please pay attention.the point, again, is that the clinton thing had nothing to do with how clinton was running the US, and neither does this. if the american media and conservatives went berserk with clinton, then they should go berserk here, or else they're laughably hypocritical.also, if you have read any of the info out there on this, LOL at calling this "unsubstantiated rumors."
Checky, you're too smart for that. It IS all unsubstantiated rumors until her medical records are released. Until then, it's a bunch of conspiracy theorists trying to get a timeline together. Guesses are being made at how many weeks along she was.........what if the baby was early? What if the baby was late? And still yet, no one on this earth other than Palin and her doctor can state with certainty whether this was poor judgement. Has anyone seen a statement from Palin's doctor saying "I warned her not to take the trip and she went anyway"? Apparently the two folks who knew the situation best didn't think the trip would be a problem.
No...because you dont have enough information you have no basis to question her judgement. A doctor with the same information might have a general opinion about the risks from his knowledge or experience, but still would not have enough information about the specifics.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^My idol :club::ts:D

Copernicus said:You missed the point, although my ironic statement may have not made it clear. My point was that many of the same people who are questioning her judgement in handling the birth would have no basis to question her judgement in aborting the fetus. A considered risk determined not to threaten the child <<<<<< a judgement to abort the child. The juxtaposition of the two is hilarious.

Copernicus said:You missed the point, although my ironic statement may have not made it clear. My point was that many of the same people who are questioning her judgement in handling the birth would have no basis to question her judgement in aborting the fetus. A considered risk determined not to threaten the child <<<<<< a judgement to abort the child. The juxtaposition of the two is hilarious.
LOL. Max was my client at one time (along with the Eagles, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, Fleetwood Mac and a few others).

I think this pick says a lot more about McCain than it does about Palin.First off, who cares if her daughter is pregnant? At best that proves something obvious.....that all teens have sex and we should be teaching kids about safe sex AND abstinence. Otherwise, it is a non issue.However, I heard something really disturbing today. Apparently, McCain only met with Palin ONCE face to face. One time. He was not interviewing her for a job as a legal clerk or a mailroom worker at an office. He is interviewing her for the Vice Presidency! It's a cliche but with an older president it has to be said: she is "one heartbeat" away from being president.Now, let's ignore all the talk about whether she is qualified. Just think about this....McCain is willing to go to battle with someone he has talked with about the issues one time. One time. I guess he is really trying to live up to that maverick label. But it reminds me way too strongly of another guy who isnt much for thinkin and likes to shoot from the hip and make quick decisions. I cant see the future so I dont know if McCain made a good decision or a bad one by picking Palin (my gut says bad). But I do know that I dont trust a guy who would pick someone out of left field after only meeting face to face once. That scares me. How much thought is he going to put into that 3am phone call? Sometimes the line between bravery (or "maverickosity" if you will) and stupidity is really thin.

I think this pick says a lot more about McCain than it does about Palin.First off, who cares if her daughter is pregnant? At best that proves something obvious.....that all teens have sex and we should be teaching kids about safe sex and abstinence. Otherwise, it is a non issue.However, I heard something really disturbing today. Apparently, McCain only met with Palin ONCE face to face. One time. He was not interviewing her for a job as a legal clerk or a mailroom worker at an office. He is interviewing her for the Vice Presidency! It's a cliche but with an older president it has to be said: she is "one heartbeat" away from being president.Now, let's ignore all the talk about whether she is qualified. Just think about this....McCain is willing to go to battle with someone he has talked with about the issues one time. One time. I guess he is really trying to live up to that maverick label. But it reminds me way too strongly of another guy who isnt much for thinkin and likes to shoot from the hip and make quick decisions. I cant see the future so I dont know if McCain made a good decision or a bad one by picking Palin (my gut says bad). But I do know that I dont trust a guy who would pick someone out of left field after only meeting face to face once. That scares me. How much thought is he going to put into that 3am phone call? Sometimes the line between bravery (or "maverickosity" if you will) and stupidity is really thin.
He obviously saw into her soul.
He obviously saw into her soul.
you think you are joking ( and to be fair it is a funny joke although I have heard others make it)......but in reality even Copernicus agrees that Bush's assessment of Putin was ridiculous and flat out wrong. (Putin is a cunning, soulless ex-KGB bastard....exactly the kind of guy you should be worrying about)and I would hope that McCain would have learned from some of Bush's mistakes and remembered that being President is different than being a fighter pilot....you cant do the job just on nerve, gut instinct and a quick trigger. It's well known that McCain has a bit of a temper and having a hair-trigger anything is a big minus in my book.
I have said that someone who has an OPINION on abortion MUST have come to an OPINION on when life begins, not that their opinion should be the same as mine. It is a philosophical issue that will never be conclusive in one way or another. Opinions are not "conclusive answers", they are judgements informed by facts, and the abortion/human life issue are too intertwined to separate them. It isn't just politicians who should be intellectually consistent, but they are ulitmately the only ones that matter, and they are the ones who are looking for our vote on issues. (Not that abortion itself would ever be a consideration in my vote.) Since BHO is well educated in a discipline that is very methodical and deliberate, I simply don't believe that he hasn't formed such an opinion, especially when his legislative record is so extreme.
I can tell you right now that's just not true.I'm proof of that. I have an opinion on it, and it has nothing to do with when life begins.
I can tell you right now that's just not true.I'm proof of that. I have an opinion on it, and it has nothing to do with when life begins.
for that matter, it's possible to not have an opinion on abortion but to still be pro-choice so that those who DO have an opinion can exercise it.
for that matter, it's possible to not have an opinion on abortion but to still be pro-choice so that those who DO have an opinion can exercise it.
Exactly. I'm all about being able to make a choice for yourself. So sad that government wants to take that away from everyone.