No, it is a gotcha question (just like how many houses do you own?) and totally irrelevant in my opinion.
This is correct, but not for the reasons any is thinking.Does anyone here believe any of these people running for POTUS or VP are the most qualified in the country?Of course they are not.
  • Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you hate women so much? You think it's bad for a woman to have a job AND be a mother? Typical democrat. Woman hater.
Woah.
no. that nimue makes any valid points or contributions. She seems like a typical uninformed democrat sheep to me... much like DN.
ahhh...well I must admit Im disappointed in her tonight. Maybe she and hubby went out to...whatever you do in Podunk, Mn. ...and she had one too many. I still wont admit to "idiot", but sheep/Kool-Aid drinker etc Ive never denied.
No, it is a gotcha question (just like how many houses do you own?) and totally irrelevant in my opinion.
To ask someone why they picked someone for a job over others is vastly different then the house question imo. As someone who has managed people and promoted from with in its a huge weakness to not be able to answer the question again imo.
To ask someone why they picked someone for a job over others is vastly different then the house question imo. As someone who has managed people and promoted from with in its a huge weakness to not be able to answer the question again imo.
Not in Politics.
Im confused about what the question is. If its "why did JSM pick Palin" he answered that completely in his introduction of her, theres nothing more for him to add to it. Obviously hes not going to get into making a play for the Shrillary vote and the other purely strategic reasons for the choice.
I actually read every post. I'm still shocked with the choice and it makes me think even less of the GOP than I did before. It makes it hard for me to believe that McCain thinks Country first election second. There is just no way he could honestly tell the American people that this woman was the MOST qualified person for the job. Not with a straight face at least. I'll be writing a monster blog stealing some things from this thread...
Good, look forward to reading it. Don't forget to get some of the Sexist ignorant stuff posted on this thread.
QUOTE(nutzbuster @ Saturday, August 30th, 2008, 6:36 PM) *I remember once another Governorwho came out of nowhere onto the world political stage, from another so called small Podunk state (and trust me...this place was an armpit...I was stationed there for 3.5 years).This little unheard of candidate, who came out of nowhere, a true person born of simple roots, took the country by storm, won the hearts and minds as many continued to scoff and laugh at the lack of expeience, even though this Gov. was super popular at home.The State was hick-fuk Arkansas.The person was Bill Clinton.
BahahahahahahahahahaOh, man, that killed me.Ah, mercy. Yeah, let's compare Palin's experience to Clinton's. OMG, they're both governors!!!l o frickin l
Well, perhaps I did not clarify.The point I was trying to make was that some of the criticism was from the fact that she was from a small town and then governor of a "Podunk" state (in their opinion). Trust me, no state is more Podunk than Arkansas (and Billy boy had his issues there).I was not trying to compare backgrounds or education, etc, simply geographic origins.Where someone is from or what State they may govern has little to do with how that person may ultimately turn out as a politician/leader.
Im confused about what the question is. If its "why did JSM pick Palin" he answered that completely in his introduction of her, theres nothing more for him to add to it. Obviously hes not going to get into making a play for the Shrillary vote and the other purely strategic reasons for the choice.
No the question was basically what made her the best person/republican for the job. I haven't watched any TV really today so perhaps the McCain camp has answered it but yesterday everytime they were asked(that I saw) they refused to answer.Now obviously they aren't going to get into the Clinton thing etc but you would've thought they'd at least of had a canned response.
No the question was basically what made her the best person/republican for the job. I haven't watched any TV really today so perhaps the McCain camp has answered it but yesterday everytime they were asked(that I saw) they refused to answer.Now obviously they aren't going to get into the Clinton thing etc but you would've thought they'd at least of had a canned response.
I never saw them asked, but I was playing poker all day. If they didnt respond "You heard John McCains reasons when he introduced her" then they dropped the ball. The pick was such a surpirse they might really have had no idea how to answer, other than what JSM already said.
Quayle was crazy smart, and destroyed Al Gore in the VP debates.
Quayle was also a well-practiced public speaker, was a senator for a long time, and had held the office of Vice President for 4 years at the time of that debate. VPILF has none of that experience speaking in front of millions and millions of people, with no speech written for you.Also worth noting that Dan Quayle famously had one of the worst moments in any major televised political debate ever in '88 vs Lloyd Bentsen.Quayle answering a question about if he is fit to serve as President should Bush be unable to serve:
Just saying, all it takes is one mis-spoken sentence or accidentally setting your opponent up for a killer rebuttal and that is all anybody will remember. VPILF vs Biden should be outstanding.
Quayle was also a well-practiced public speaker, was a senator for a long time, and had held the office of Vice President for 4 years at the time of that debate. VPILF has none of that experience speaking in front of millions and millions of people, with no speech written for you.Also worth noting that Dan Quayle famously had one of the worst moments in any major televised political debate ever in '88 vs Lloyd Bentsen.Quayle answering a question about if he is fit to serve as President should Bush be unable to serve:
Just saying, all it takes is one mis-spoken sentence or accidentally setting your opponent up for a killer rebuttal and that is all anybody will remember. VPILF vs Biden should be outstanding.
I totally agree with you. The point of my post is that people who say that Quayle was an idiot are simply uninformed sheep just regurgitating what the leadership is feeding them.
Get to know Sarah Palin.Counterbalancing McCain’s reputation as a political dinosaur, Palin smoked pot when it was legal in Alaska, admitting, “I can’t claim a Bill Clinton and say I never inhaled”top 3 comments after the article...Well, Sara is the real deal. She took Alaska by storm. She will take the Country by storm. I am pleasantly pleased with John McCain's choice. She is the type you want on your side not on the opposing side. I can understand the critics...they should be afraid because she is genuine and tough.ncolane, Eagle River, Alaska, USAWhy don't we all just wait and see how she acquits herself? She may prove a total embarrassment to McCain- then again, she may do well.Personally, I find her an intriguing and refreshing choice.ian, mission viejo, ca, usaI haven't been this excited about an election in years. I contributed to McCain-Palin immediately after hearing her speech in Ohio.There IS hope for America!DONNA CAMPBELL, JACKSON, USAIf I was a democrat, I would be feeling slightly uneasy.
Hmm, I wonder if she's breastfeeding? Also I wonder just how many challenges she is even aware of yet if the baby's only a few months old. I'll have far more respect for her in a few years standing up to that challenge.
If a conservative Male had written this he'd be strung up as a sexist....but Ms. Palin reminds us of how she can dare to have a successful demanding career - even while being an outstanding mother and wife...“My husband loves being a dad as much as I love being a mom,” Palin said. “I’ve got great help there.” Remember Fathers?Just a reminder that Feminists can be consevative too.
If I was a democrat, I would be feeling slightly uneasy.
Thank goodness that this thread isn't a bellwether for US Politics. I was starting to get disheartened. The campaign contributions and those quotes are invigorating.
Thank goodness that this thread isn't a bellwether for US Politics. I was starting to get disheartened. The campaign contributions and those quotes are invigorating.
Apparently noone reads my posts.