Maybe I didn't make my point clear. Another president that can't stand up to his advisers? No thanks.I have read as much as I can find on Palin and I like quite a bit of what she has done including what you mentioned. However, being a whistle blower on a small local level (and yes, I consider the state of Alaska a small local level) is quite different that bringing that same stance to federal level. I would love to see her try to fight political corruption. She will be silenced faster than the decision to make her a Veep was made.
I don't necessarily agree. She took down a senator and the Alaska D.A. That aint bad. She went public, and people listened. As long as she is as clean cut as she seems and she speaks out publicly I don't think she will get shut down. You have to be a pretty strong individual to accomplish some of the things she has, especially dealing with a child with down syndrome.Alaska, is small only by population. As far as politically and size wise they are quite influential.Plus she does have some international experience dealing with Canada and Russia. Mind you it is very small, but its better than nothing.I just think she is a good leveling factor, especially since McCain is such a hot head.
  • Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you changed your opinion over the last twenty four hours? If not I'm curious why you don't think she is a good choice? And if you did change your opinion I;m curious as to why you didn't think she was a good choice at first but do now?
No, I still think she was a terrible choice strategically. This race was too close to "throw a hail mary into triple coverage". With Romney he could have run the ball down the Dems throat and won it in OT. She gives the Dems too many sound bites, and will have the GOP defending the choice instead of fighting on the issues.Holy shit a clip of the Montana governer is on...what a clown. For nimue to live in a state with that idiot as governor and call Palin governor of "podunk Alaska" is incredible.
I don't necessarily agree. She took down a senator and the Alaska D.A. That aint bad. She went public, and people listened. As long as she is as clean cut as she seems and she speaks out publicly I don't think she will get shut down. You have to be a pretty strong individual to accomplish some of the things she has, especially dealing with a child with down syndrome.Alaska, is small only by population. As far as politically and size wise they are quite influential.Plus she does have some international experience dealing with Canada and Russia. Mind you it is very small, but its better than nothing.I just think she is a good leveling factor, especially since McCain is such a hot head.
i think, but i'm not sure, that she only had the down syndrome child a few months ago?

I remember once another Governor who came out of nowhere onto the world political stage, from another so called small Podunk state (and trust me...this place was an armpit...I was stationed there for 3.5 years).This little unheard of candidate, who came out of nowhere, a true person born of simple roots, took the country by storm, won the hearts and minds as many continued to scoff and laugh at the lack of expeience, even though this Gov. was super popular at home.The State was hick-fuk Arkansas.The person was Bill Clinton.I know Sarah isn't running for president, but she will resonate LOUDLY with millions of people. I still have some doubts. but she is growing on me.Do NOT underestimate the power of her presence in this race.

I don't necessarily agree. She took down a senator and the Alaska D.A. That aint bad. She went public, and people listened. As long as she is as clean cut as she seems and she speaks out publicly I don't think she will get shut down. You have to be a pretty strong individual to accomplish some of the things she has, especially dealing with a child with down syndrome.
I sincerely hope you are right. I think if you cut out the BS in Washington and keep the focus on the entire country instead of special interest groups, a lot of our issues will solve themselves. At least it will give people like me less to bitch about. On a daily basis I work with 3 kids that have some form of autism. I have a pretty good idea of what it takes to get things accomplished in the face of adversity. However, neither Palin or I have had near the criticism that will be facing her in the coming two months and possibly four years. I do not necessarily think she was as a horrible pick as a lot of people are saying. I simply hate what appears to be the process of why she was picked.
:club::ts:D Just to bad she is against birth control. After 5 kids that thing is wrecked.
Wrecked or not, every single poster in here (including Nimue) would hit that without having to be asked twice.Hell, if she was a (D) and Obama's VP even Copernicus would hit that every day and twice on Sundays.
I sincerely hope you are right. I think if you cut out the BS in Washington and keep the focus on the entire country instead of special interest groups, a lot of our issues will solve themselves. At least it will give people like me less to bitch about.
Is that the first thing weve ever agreed on (in poly of course)
Wrecked or not, every single poster in here (including Nimue) would hit that without having to be asked twice.Hell, if she was a (D) and Obama's VP even Copernicus would hit that every day and twice on Sundays.
The (D) isnt relevant, I never let politics into the bedroom. She's a bit old for me to chase after, but if she fell in my lap Im not pushing her off.
Impossible to even speculate 4 years into the future, but I'd think that if Sarah Palin were to run with 4 years of VP experience that Hillary would have a very difficult time head-to-head with her.
I agree and I like it. Palin has no baggage and apparently, no skeletons in the closet. How many other political candidates can even hope for that? Most of the country has been begging for new fresh insights in Washington and here she is.......not smothered in all the DC back slapping/back stabbing. Can most of the American population even remember two VP's in the last 28 years? We remember Ford because he had to step in, we remember Gore because of his "green" endeavors, and we're only gonna remember Cheney because he was in the hospital a lot. Palin asked a good question........exactly WHAT does the VP do? And last but not least, Presidents don't actually run anything either. Between the House and Senate, all the executive staff and advisors....it ends up being pretty much like any other CEO. Surround yourself with good competent people and rack up air miles on Air Force One.
According to Fox news she had international experience "because she's from Alaska which is right up there beside Russia". I understand why the campaign is touting the whole down syndrome baby and it is comendable as well she was back to work three days after giving birth but they've already put it across as if this is so out of the blue. At four months she found out the baby would have downs and decided to keep it and they've put this out as if "what a saint" as I said its commendable but certainly not a rare thing under the circumstance of timing etc.
No, I still think she was a terrible choice strategically. This race was too close to "throw a hail mary into triple coverage". With Romney he could have run the ball down the Dems throat and won it in OT. She gives the Dems too many sound bites, and will have the GOP defending the choice instead of fighting on the issues.
Thanks for the response on top of them kind of shooting the "dangerously inexperienced" thing in the foot this struck me the same way.
The (D) isnt relevant, I never let politics into the bedroom. She's a bit old for me to chase after, but if she fell in my lap Im not pushing her off.
:club:
I remember once another Governor who came out of nowhere onto the world political stage, from another so called small Podunk state (and trust me...this place was an armpit...I was stationed there for 3.5 years).This little unheard of candidate, who came out of nowhere, a true person born of simple roots, took the country by storm, won the hearts and minds as many continued to scoff and laugh at the lack of expeience, even though this Gov. was super popular at home.The State was hick-fuk Arkansas.The person was Bill Clinton.
BahahahahahahahahahaOh, man, that killed me.Ah, mercy. Yeah, let's compare Palin's experience to Clinton's. OMG, they're both governors!!!l o frickin l
Well cop used to have Jennifer Connolly as his avatar and she's 38 so Palin is not that much older. Not sure who the new avatar is of though that Cop has - she looks younger than Jennifer!
According to Fox news she had international experience "because she's from Alaska which is right up there beside Russia". I understand why the campaign is touting the whole down syndrome baby and it is comendable as well she was back to work three days after giving birth but they've already put it across as if this is so out of the blue. At four months she found out the baby would have downs and decided to keep it and they've put this out as if "what a saint" as I said its commendable but certainly not a rare thing under the circumstance of timing etc.Thanks for the response on top of them kind of shooting the "dangerously inexperienced" thing in the foot this struck me the same way.
She did deal with Russia on the Bridge to Nowhere, don't know the extent of it.The baby things isn't awe-inspiring by any mean, but it does reinforce her character.
I understand why the campaign is touting the whole down syndrome baby and it is comendable as well she was back to work three days after giving birth but they've already put it across as if this is so out of the blue. At four months she found out the baby would have downs and decided to keep it and they've put this out as if "what a saint" as I said its commendable but certainly not a rare thing under the circumstance of timing etc.
Something that just crossed my mind, now that she has accepted the bid as VP, exactly how much 'mothering' of this child is she going to be doing? Wouldn't a true saint turn down the bid and say 'I'm sorry, but I'm going to have a lot of work ahead of me already here.'
fyp
Wouldn't a true saint turn down the bid and say 'I'm sorry, but I'm going to have a lot of work ahead of me already here.'
Well, yeah, but then she wouldn't be a politician in the first place.
No, I still think she was a terrible choice strategically. This race was too close to "throw a hail mary into triple coverage". With Romney he could have run the ball down the Dems throat and won it in OT. She gives the Dems too many sound bites, and will have the GOP defending the choice instead of fighting on the issues.Holy shit a clip of the Montana governer is on...what a clown. For nimue to live in a state with that idiot as governor and call Palin governor of "podunk Alaska" is incredible.
if you think the GOP is trying to win this election on the issues, you are either seriously brainwashed or drowning in a river i like to call "da nile"
Well cop used to have Jennifer Connolly as his avatar and she's 38 so Palin is not that much older. Not sure who the new avatar is of though that Cop has - she looks younger than Jennifer!
I dont know who she is either, but after several years of JC I decided I needed someone a little more California. LLY not sure what the icon was saying...Im a d.o.m. and dont apoloize for it...must be the water where we grew up since everyones favorite poker publisher and I share the same proclivity. :club:
if you think the GOP is trying to win this election on the issues, you are either seriously brainwashed or drowning in a river i like to call "da nile"
Did you graduate from an accredited high school? WTF do you think I said?
I remember once another Governor who came out of nowhere onto the world political stage, from another so called small Podunk state (and trust me...this place was an armpit...I was stationed there for 3.5 years).This little unheard of candidate, who came out of nowhere, a true person born of simple roots, took the country by storm, won the hearts and minds as many continued to scoff and laugh at the lack of expeience, even though this Gov. was super popular at home.The State was hick-fuk Arkansas.The person was Bill Clinton.I know Sarah isn't running for president, but she will resonate LOUDLY with millions of people. I still have some doubts. but she is growing on me.Do NOT underestimate the power of her presence in this race.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuut he was Gov of Arkansas for 11 years.
Did you graduate from an accredited high school? WTF do you think I said?
I'm not going to get mad and get in an internet slapfight with you, if that's what you're hoping for.Re: high school- yes it was legit, although public education in Kentucky is a joke, and has been even before the functionally retarded No Child Left Behind act was enacted.I believe what you said was that Palin was bad because she would make the race about sound bytes and not issues, and that this was somehow bad for the GOP.Then, I said that McCain is not trying to talk about issues (and it appears BO is going this route too now) because he has realized that most of this country really only cares about how loud the candidate can scream FREEDOM, TAXES, and GOD BLESS AMERICA. All one has to do is read this thread in its entirety to realize that most political debates will disintegrate to a couple people citing party-approved propaganda and the rest sticking to name-calling and beating off to pics of hot ladies. As such, the election is not won on issues, it's won on "HE HAS 9 HOUSES", "HE KNOWS TERRORISTS", and other fun anecdotes to tell your lads at the next gangbang/ice cream social. The candidates aren't this stupid of course, just the general electorate, therefore all the pandering to stupidity and mindlessness.oh shit, almost forgot. god bless america.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuut he was Gov of Arkansas for 11 years.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuut she isnt running for President.I love that, when talking about BHO, Clinton reminds people that he was criticized for inexperience in foreign policy before he was elected. Clinton was an unmitigated disaster foreign policy wise for the first two years of his administration and not much better after.