Sorry sir...in beach volleyball May-Treanor and Walsh have 103 consecutive matches and are by far the favorites. You are right that beach volleyball is huge over there, but in no way are they the favorites in women's.
There are multiple types of volleyball.
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree....the only one I know that the Brazilians played for Georgia against the Russians though is beach volleyball. I could be wrong and if I am I apologize for the misunderstanding.
I am not a big supporter of the country I live in to be quite honest right off the bat.
What kind of statement is that?Also, you didn't play sports growing up, did you?I ask that, because it's just not that easy to shake off making a huge error. Some players carry those things with them longer than others, and no matter how hard you try, you can't shake it. Great ones have short memories, some very good ones don't. It's tough. I can remember many times striking out, then taking it out into the field and stewing on it for an inning or two. Obviously, you just can't do that. Toughest thing to do is get out of your own head, especially if you had a parent that was relentless or if you are exceptionally hard on yourself. Basically, easier said than done to forget.
think its a big sport in brazil so the people who dont make the team there go get a new passport somwhere else.Dont be surpised if the uk gets a few for 2012 also the uk needs some weightlifters for 2012 also
Has anyone else watched badminton? Pretty much every player is Chinese or southeast Asian. Right now I'm watching Huaiwen Xu, "the German" lol.

some of the stupid clips with the news people are starting to get old. I could really do without Mary Carillo. I think this is the time when I start to get bored with the olympics. Even swimming is starting to get on my nerves.

Wow, USA is playing superb D in this game against Greece. That may have been one of the best quarters of basketball I've seen.

What kind of statement is that?Also, you didn't play sports growing up, did you?I ask that, because it's just not that easy to shake off making a huge error. Some players carry those things with them longer than others, and no matter how hard you try, you can't shake it. Great ones have short memories, some very good ones don't. It's tough. I can remember many times striking out, then taking it out into the field and stewing on it for an inning or two. Obviously, you just can't do that. Toughest thing to do is get out of your own head, especially if you had a parent that was relentless or if you are exceptionally hard on yourself. Basically, easier said than done to forget.
this is true. I wrestled in high school and while I wasn't any good, I still remember on match where I almost won, but made a little mistake and didn't. it was one of the bigger tournaments of the year and I ended up drawing the top seed in my weight class for the first match (pretty sure I was bottom seed. like I said, I sucked.) I survived until the second round when I somehow managed to take him down into a cradle and get him on his back. unfortunately, I was about 3 or so inches too high on him so he managed to pivot out and I lost. its certainly not easy to forget things like that ever, and its REALLY not easy to just shake them off right then.
I actually have a video somewhere. HIGHEST BIDDER GOING ONCE GOING TWICE...
Post on YouTube immed./Rick Astley.My offer is one brazillion dollars
I didn't see the match or know any of the particulars of who was playing etc., but Volleyball is HUMONGOUS in Brazil w/ a fan following as ravenous as soccer there. They have a TON of great players and their Women's team is a massive favorite to win Gold and the Men's team is a Gold Medal favorite as well.
Sorry sir...in beach volleyball May-Treanor and Walsh have 103 consecutive matches and are by far the favorites. You are right that beach volleyball is huge over there, but in no way are they the favorites in women's.
Where in my statement did I say BEACH VOLLEYBALL. I am a Volleyball purist and don't feel the need to add "indoor" to Volleyball since that sport has been along for eons longer than it's outdoor counterpart BEACH Volleyball.But...yes you are correct sir...May-Treanor and Walsh are the undisputed heavyweight champions of women's beach volleyball and w/ Walsh's shoulder starting to become functional for the 1st time in years, I highly doubt they even get challenged in these games.
<3
I agree....the only one I know that the Brazilians played for Georgia against the Russians though is beach volleyball. I could be wrong and if I am I apologize for the misunderstanding.
No worries mate!!!
I actually have a video somewhere. HIGHEST BIDDER GOING ONCE GOING TWICE...
Post on YouTube immed./Rick Astley.My offer is one brazillion dollars
Winner!!!
think its a big sport in brazil so the people who dont make the team there go get a new passport somwhere else.Dont be surpised if the uk gets a few for 2012 also the uk needs some weightlifters for 2012 also
Has anyone else watched badminton? Pretty much every player is Chinese or southeast Asian. Right now I'm watching Huaiwen Xu, "the German" lol.
Well, I guess it is a pretty easy way to claim you got an idea about the topic by saying they're simply doing it for the sport, because they suck compared to the others from china and wouldn't be able to qualify...LOLI mean seriously, I JUST read the olympics thread in general, where people debate politics, and say how much some chinese are oppressed by the government etc., but as soon as a naturalized(I hope that's the right word) starts winning medals for other countries, it's all bs etc. and they only left china to play sports...Seriously, knowing just a little tiny bit about the background might prevent you from statements like this!PS: This is just the impression I got from your post, if I completely misinterpreted it, I'm truly sorry! :club:
I think this is pretty disgusting, I can't believe they let it happen tbh, wtf - are the countries that desperate for medals that they'd sellout?

Finally get to see some live olympics, arrived home drunk from 10 hour poker session, I like Shawn Johnson, even when the busty girl screwed it up all Shawn got her to laugh and feel better when she should have been slapping her in face(using her other hand to hold her by the hair)I love these poor commenators who are used to commentate on the sports barely anyone watches "well thats just a terrible idea" ORLY??

If anyone could find me a live stream of the Irish Boxer John Joe Nevin, it would be much appreciated. It should be starting soon I think. Trying to watch Ireland participate when you're not in the country is lol

Men's 100m update. Powell, Gay and Bolt are the class. No shocks there. But Bolt is running on another plane. He cruised round 1 and round 2 he had the race won by the 50m, had time to look around and litterally jogged over the line in 9.92. The WR is going again in the final and Bolt will be the new Olympic champion on this form.Speaking of WRs The British cycling team smashed the team sprint record in qualifying for the final where the racked up another cycling gold, should have a lot more to come in the velodrome from Hoy, Wiggins, Pendleton and Romero - very exciting.

I think this is pretty disgusting, I can't believe they let it happen tbh, wtf - are the countries that desperate for medals that they'd sellout?
Its called getting a passport, there are loads of people at this olympics who have represented other countries.Its legal and i dont think its wrong, if you were born in china and spent the first 15 years of your life there and then you moved to the uk and spent ten years training in the uk why cant you compete for the uk ?There the guys who have trained you for the last ten years, plus you live there.If however you were given a passport just to compete then yeah that blows.
There the guys who have trained you for the last ten years, plus you live there.If however you were given a passport just to compete then yeah that blows.
There's nothing wrong with that at all imo - it's the ppl that get passports rushed through just to compete - total shite imo and I believe they're gonna bring in laws to outlaw it.
Men's 100m update. Powell, Gay and Bolt are the class
Gay looked not that sharp to me....but I literally :club: 'd at Bolt - I've NEVER seen someone look that good before, it was taking the piss how fast he was, should make a great final
Gay looked not that sharp to me....but I literally :club: 'd at Bolt - I've NEVER seen someone look that good before, it was taking the piss how fast he was, should make a great final
True, Gay was nowhere near as comfortable as Powell and Bolt. But he was still good. I think he'll be 3rd unless he can pull something very special out the bag.

Irish Boxer lost. How the hell do you score points in this boxing?He was outclassed but he caught the guy quite a few solids in the head and never a got a point for it.

Irish Boxer lost. How the hell do you score points in this boxing?He was outclassed but he caught the guy quite a few solids in the head and never a got a point for it.
as far as i am aware its a clean connecting punch, but the judgeing and ref'ing are a bit poor