But Bolt is running on another plane. He cruised round 1 and round 2 he had the race won by the 50m, had time to look around and litterally jogged over the line in 9.92.
I've never seen anything like that in the 100m. It wasn't that long ago (20-25 yrs?), when that would've been a WR. And, he quite literally jogged the last 40/50m... incredible.I'll be very surprised if the WR isn't broken in the final, and staggered if Bolt doesn't win gold. (Gutted I'm gonna miss it though, going to V-Festival).
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen anything like that in the 100m. It wasn't that long ago (20-25 yrs?), when that would've been a WR. And, he quite literally jogged the last 40/50m... incredible.I'll be very surprised if the WR isn't broken in the final, and staggered if Bolt doesn't win gold. (Gutted I'm gonna miss it though, going to V-Festival).
He is ridiculous, especially considering his frame. It doesn't even look like he's trying. I'm quite sure he'll beat his own WR and get in the 9.68 range, which is completely ridiculous.
I'll be very surprised if the WR isn't broken in the final, and staggered if Bolt doesn't win gold.
Me too - although I would've put alot of money on Powell getting Gold last one until he chockedBolt does seem mentally strong too

Things i learned today Uk is awesome at rideing bikes and saling boats hopefully we will be good when we row boats 2moro damn i wish we still had a good Track and field team/swimmers/etc etc but for a small country we are goodif we pushed some more money into school sports and schools we would rock

I mean, he's such a sick athlete but dude...how fking lucky can one guy get to get a record that will last forever...it's just beyond sick...first the relay thing that was close as fk, now THAT...unreal...but I actually think it's awesome...go Michael I guess :club:

hopefully we will be good when we row boats 2moro
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Ship the medalsCoxless 4 race was awesome, long may the legacy continue :club:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Ship the medals
+ total cycle pwnage!100m semi's about to kick off, this should be awesome....
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?Usain Bolt, omg that was so sick...jesustotal domination9.69 seconds...and how he did that lol...basically stopped trying at 60metres, so ridic :club:
if this guy ran through the whole hundred he could clock sub 9.60 it is unbelievable. i don't know if he is running the 200m but he could easily win it by about 10 meters if he likes.first the phelps 0.01 win now this, what a great day at the olympics.
i don't know if he is running the 200m but he could easily win it by about 10 meters if he likes.
He is - he wasn't even sure if he was gonna run the 100 apparentlySoooooooooooooooooooo sick, that was freakin unbelievable!

LOVED the Olympics today! Hoy/Wiggins/Burke/Romero were amazing. The rowers likewise.Happy for Federer too, getting a gold in the doubles with Wawrinka. He seemed genuinely pleased.Phelps win was amazing, even in super-duper slow-mo you couldn't tell who touched first. I guess it all came down to momentum in the touch. Becky Adlington, once again phenomenal from her.And of course the main man. Usain Bolt, just freaking sick. NINE POINT SIX NINE! And he took it easy for 10m and he's only 21! He could go on some God-like undefeated streak for a good ten years if he wants. Incredible and also <3 Michael Johnson's reaction as he watched the race, even the great man couldn't believe it.Only down point was in the hockey. Although the girls beat Japan the Germans went and shipped 4 to Argentina putting qualification out of GB's hands(one of Germany and Argentina needs to lose to a lesser nation and we keep winning). The men have to beat Australia to have a hope of qualification. Not happening.

Go US water polo? I can't tell what's live and what isn't, and constantly checking online is a hassle. I just watched the NBC coverage of them upsetting Croatia. I assume most events aren't happening at 230 in the morning, but since its the weekend there's anywhere from 2-5 events being shown at once right now.

What are the odds on Bolt being on doping? I'd say somewhere around 1 : 1.5?
I think hes deffo in line for a few tests, but i think with him, hes just a totally different athlete from the rest, there all stocky bastards and hes 6'5 with long ass legs. I think hes a breath of fresh air ( please dont be on drugs )
I think hes deffo in line for a few tests, but i think with him, hes just a totally different athlete from the rest, there all stocky bastards and hes 6'5 with long ass legs. I think hes a breath of fresh air ( please dont be on drugs )
The only time I remember someone being so massively better is Marian Jones....... :club: I really hope he's not taking something - I was wonderin t'other day if they'll keep blood sample for retroactive screening in a few years
The only time I remember someone being so massively better is Marian Jones....... :club: I really hope he's not taking something - I was wonderin t'other day if they'll keep blood sample for retroactive screening in a few years
The chinese are testing teh shit out of people
The chinese are testing teh shit out of people
I don't believe he'd have anything that they could currently test for tbh....
I'm pretty sure I heard that the IOC is going to start keeping blood samples for a couple of years at least. That might just be for the athletes that agree to it, but I'm sure they are going to be doing as much as possible as far as HGH and stuff goes. I know they're delving a lot deeper into emails and shipping addresses as evidence, but it's tough when the cheaters are 2-4 steps ahead of the testers.

The Jamaicans were one the most strenously tested teams. Something like 30+ tests in 5 days. If he's on something then the chemists that came up with it deserve a medal because there's not a lot they can't test for these days.I'm studying for a chemistry degree, I know a bit about these things.

So Im in the US Central time zone so we just got the feed of the 100m...I already knew that Bolt won and broke the record but good christ he was flying...If he pushs all the way thru he probably runs a sub 9.6 which I was thinking before I heard it on the commentary. It just insane. I wish Tyson Gay would have been healthy because he would have given him a run. He ran 9.68 winded aided at the trial which was awesome. Just amazing stuff.

I couldnt believe how fast that dude ran. Holy sh*t.He could have crushed the WR, I hope he does sometime soon, it would just be awesome to see.It's almost like he pushed the NOS button about a third of the way through. Now we'll see what he's got in the 200m, but he's probably going to crush that also since he's never lost in competition in that race.