Just about every day...
Since I found a used copy of Warhawk, I have started to play PS3 a little more in the past few days. However, don't expect to see on too much since studying has taken a great amount of my time since June. On a side note...I have come to find out that trying to study 5 years after graduating college is almost an act in futility.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Well I got home and fired up MLB 2K8.Simmed the other two series and the Dodgers won and the Yankees won.I started my game planning on playing Verlander till I saw he was 95%. DAMMITSo Willis got the call and thanks to two errors in the first we were down 2-0 early and sadly we were against the annoying Wakefileld. Wakefield is a go when playing him on a videogame as his knuckle ball does things you can't believe.We couldn't get anything going until the 5th when Maggy hit a 2 run shot to tie it up.Willis then promptly gave up a dinger to Ortiz (who cranked a ball that was inches from the dirt). Down 3-2.This is where I start worrying and wonder if I just shut it off and try again.lolIn the 7th Renteria gets on and the Briand hits a double to score Edgar and we tie it up.I bring in Rodney who is lights out and also end up leaving the bases loaded in the 8th.We get to the bottom of the 9th. Guillen gets on and Paplebon comes in. He gets Pudge and Renteria out with ease and the Briand comes up to bat and cranks the first pitch for a 2 run walk off to force a game 5 in Boston. SWEET!Game 5.Verlander is 100% so he gets the call vs Freddy Garcia.I promptly score 4 runs in the 1st and "think" I can just cruise. Manny hit a HR in the 4th to make it 4-1 but I soon make it 5-1 when magglio hits a double.In the 7th I am possibly working verlander more than I should and soon it's 2 outs with men on 2nd and 3rd and BOOM! Varitek hits a 3 run homer to make it a game, 5-4.In the bottom of the 8th Ortiz hits a homer vs Rodney and now it's 5-5. BAH!I go through Rodney and Zumaya and here we are in the top of the 12th. Pudge hits a 2 run shot and we now lead going into the bottom of the 12th 7-5.I bring Todd Jones on who gets the first two outs with ease and then gives up a bloop single to Ortiz and now is facing Manny. One pitch, popped straight up and Guillen makes the catch and TIGERS WIN! TIGERS WIN!Stressful for a damn video game.Thankfully the continues post season assures me a profit instead of a loss. Whew.So NLCS Dodgers vs Mets, ALCS Tigers vs Yankees

Anyone played The Bourne Conspiracy yet (on PS3)? Saw it in a store today, but didn't know if it was one of those crappily done games on the back of a film.I'm a big fan of the Bourne movies... anyone got any views on this game? Thanks.
5 bucks on PS if you change your sig.It gets freakier every time I see it.

Oh, I can't believe I have missed this thread in the last 2 months.I have been mainly sticking to a few games this summer:-GTA4 - I haven't touched it since I beat the story in the 1st week it came out.-Rock Band - I go on from time to time to look for cool new songs to download, but I hate how the guitar works compared to GH3 so I never play it-Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - I rented it because I heard there wasn't much to play, and I 5-starred every song on Expert within 3 tries, so very glad I did not purchase it.-Guitar Hero 3 - I play this game probably 3-4 times a week still. I'm still top 150 in cumulative score on Hard and I think I am top 1000 on Expert still (I spend most my time owning souls on pro-faceoff on hard). It took me a long time but I finally 5-starred One and Knights of Cydonia on Expert, only have Before I Forget and Raining Blood left!-Call of Duty 4 - I play this game every day I am home, many times for 5-6 hours a day. I am up to 7th prestige, level 41. My K/D ratio is 1.24, I have killed ~37k people and have had 12.5 days of in-gametime. I have gotten into Search and Destroy, with two classes I use religiously in it. One is Silenced AK47, claymores, UAV Jammer, and Dead Silence. The other is AK47 silenced, R700 sniper, claymores, overkill and Dead Silence. Me and Tehtoe have devoted the last few weeks to exploring the maps and finding glitches to run to. It is fun to run/fall off the and find hidden balconies to snipe from.

Not sure what qualifies as Fall, but lets not forget a couple PS3 games:Resistance 2LittleBigPlanet(Tired of links...)But some that usually deliver as well:Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for BootyMotorStorm: Pacific RiftSaints Row 2Socom: ConfrontationCOD: World at War
I've watched game play trailers of Little Big Planet and I'm not the least bit excited, thought a lot of other people seem to be. They better put out a good demo if they want me to pay for it. 3 of the other 5 you listed are cross platform titles. Even though I like the R&C series, I wouldn't pay $60 dollars for one. When it hits greatest hits status and is on sale for $30 I'll pick it up for my kid.
I've watched game play trailers of Little Big Planet and I'm not the least bit excited, thought a lot of other people seem to be. They better put out a good demo if they want me to pay for it. 3 of the other 5 you listed are cross platform titles. Even though I like the R&C series, I wouldn't pay $60 dollars for one. When it hits greatest hits status and is on sale for $30 I'll pick it up for my kid.
I know, but I think you had listed a couple cross platforms under 360 earlier. I remember seeing at least one, I didn't look too close though.Agreed on LBP... It looks cool, but I'll definitely need to try it first. But I'm that way with most games, I have to REALLY like it to buy it. I just don't play games enough to get everything that looks interesting.I liked the R&C demo for the last one, but I thought it might get a little repetitive, so I didn't get around to buying it. I do <3 that I can pickup and play demo's a lot though. I'm not too hardcore, so sometimes that's all I really need of a game. I usually end up with the games I can just pickup and play for an hour and then forget it for a week. Killzone 2 looks to be pretty badass too, but that's not till February.
I know, but I think you had listed a couple cross platforms under 360 earlier.
I'd probably get any cross platform games I want on 360, I like the achievement system they have. Adds some fun and replayability to most titles. Sony's currently ripped off version of it isn't even functioning correctly for most of their titles.
I'd probably get any cross platform games I want on 360, I like the achievement system they have. Adds some fun and replayability to most titles. Sony's currently ripped off version of it isn't even functioning correctly for most of their titles.
That's cause the older games don't have it. All the new ones will.
That's cause the older games don't have it. All the new ones will.
They said it would be working for all titles when it launched, now its everything going forward. Bunch of lazy bastards at Sony.
They said it would be working for all titles when it launched, now its everything going forward. Bunch of lazy bastards at Sony.
Ah, didn't know that. Not sure how they could do it to the older games though, wouldn't the developers have to put out a patch or something for the software? Whatever, I just like that it's there now. Not that i'll ever do enough for it to matter really.
-Call of Duty 4 -Dead Silence.
!!!!!!!??????? Can you say worst perk?If you're using a silencer you should be using steady aim on the 3rd perk....
Start Verlander; don't make the same mistake Dusty Baker did in 1993 (although that was the last day of the regular season to get to a 1 game playoff). You can't win game 5 if you don't get there. :)Re: Jadaki's list above, I guess I'll have to buy a 360 now...I don't play the Wii I have _ever_, but Fable 2 and the FF news the other day + sports games will probably make it worthwhile. That Last Remnant game looks like something I'd like too...Anyone ever play the 'Tales of...' games (one coming out on Wii, one on 360)?Sigh, if I get a 360 though I'll want to play it and I have no time...I hate poker.
The one for the Cube was pretty good, slightly off-kilter RPG fare. Has anybody ever played any of the Disgaea games? I played one for the PS2 a while back, and it was probably the most fun I've had playing a video game in years. Might have to borrow a PS2 to crank that bitch out.
Has anybody ever played any of the Disgaea games? I played one for the PS2 a while back, and it was probably the most fun I've had playing a video game in years. Might have to borrow a PS2 to crank that bitch out.
Yea, I am a huge fan of the Disgaea series. They recently put out a second run of the first Disgaea on PS2 also, it was really hard to get for a long time and copies would go on Ebay for over $100 dollars.
Yea, I am a huge fan of the Disgaea series. They recently put out a second run of the first Disgaea on PS2 also, it was really hard to get for a long time and copies would go on Ebay for over $100 dollars.
I sold mine for $75 last year. Great game.
I forgot to mention if you really like turn based strategy games, you should pick up a PSP.DisgaeaJeanne D'arcFinal Fantasy TacticsAll top notch titles in that genre and there are a few more coming soon to that platform. If you don't want to play it on the small screen you can run the connection to a TV. Disgaea 3 is only going to be on PS3 though.
my roommate used deadly silent/stopping power/silencer on his mp5 when I watched him play a few months ago. it was sickeningly good on most maps.
I usually sport the AK with a silencer,bandolier, UAV Jammer, Dead Silence.So fun!
Everything that I have read has stated that the majority of the older games will not support trophies.
!!!!!!!??????? Can you say worst perk?If you're using a silencer you should be using steady aim on the 3rd perk....
Dead Silence is a god send. That perk is a must have when playing Hardcore.
loooooool. I switch off between the two for my stealth classes (since Adam and I play SnD religiously), but lol at thinking dead silence is the worst perk. Obv either your sound sucks on your TV and you don't have the sound up loud enough because it's quite easy to hear people, and the perk is basically a god send when walking around in SnD.My current stealth class:Silenced AK47 (just switched from AK74u, and MP5 before that)Silenced PistolStun GrenadesBomb SquadUAV JammerDead Silence/Steady Aim
If you play Search and Destroy, Dead Silence is a MUST ESPECIALLY with a silencer on your gun. ANY good player listens for the footsteps when sneaking around, you NEED dead silence.It is a HUGE thing to have. Worst perk for most games, but not for Hardcore or SnD ANYTHING.