link?I know it was widely accepted that there was going to be an announcement at E3 but I didn't think there'd be one before.What's the new base price for the system with HD?
Can't find where I read it (was link off a gaming forum I was reading) that said they were going to be taking $50.00 of the price of all three models. I'll try and dig it up later when I have more time.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Well, finally got tired of Wii Bowling after owning the console for about a month, and bowling my 300. Moving on to Zelda, which is fun so far, all of 2 hours in.I also have the strange compulsion to reactivate my WoW account. It's strange. I'm probably the only person who's played that game and not had a level 70. I have a bunch of characters in the 40's, but I never committed to one. I guess I want to start up a new character and take it all the way to 70 and actually see some end-game content before i shelve the game permanently.

Well, finally got tired of Wii Bowling after owning the console for about a month, and bowling my 300. Moving on to Zelda, which is fun so far, all of 2 hours in.I also have the strange compulsion to reactivate my WoW account. It's strange. I'm probably the only person who's played that game and not had a level 70. I have a bunch of characters in the 40's, but I never committed to one. I guess I want to start up a new character and take it all the way to 70 and actually see some end-game content before i shelve the game permanently.
LOL, you're not the only one. I have a lvl 52 lvl 34 and lvl 29 or something and stopped playing a few months ago. I sometimes want to reactivate but I made sure to completely uninstall it from both machines so that knowing I would have to redownload all those patches would deter me from doing so.
Wait, you mean there's a console baseball game where you can't just roll to 162-0? Seriously?
yeah, I had 2K7 and was like 140-22 but this version gets interesting
yeah, I had 2K7 and was like 140-22 but this version gets interesting
Who leads your team in walks, and is it anywhere close to the league leader? Same question but for pitchers; who has the most on your team, as is anywhere close to the worst in the league?That has always been a beef of mine when it comes to baseball games. The opposing pitchers and your own have wayyyyy too good of control, which makes even the most realistic games 'arcade' like.Side note, wtf? I thought you were being the Dodgers? Did you get sick of losing 2-1?
Who leads your team in walks, and is it anywhere close to the league leader? Same question but for pitchers; who has the most on your team, as is anywhere close to the worst in the league?That has always been a beef of mine when it comes to baseball games. The opposing pitchers and your own have wayyyyy too good of control, which makes even the most realistic games 'arcade' like.Side note, wtf? I thought you were being the Dodgers? Did you get sick of losing 2-1?
LOL, exactly. I have yet to draw a walk but have been intentionally walked many times.I have pitched very few walks if any that were not intentional. There is actually a 360 achievement for drawing a walk and I have yet to get it.I still have a Dodgers franchise...21-15 or something. Got close to finishing a season with teh Tigers so I am sticking with them till I am done then will go back to the Dodgers. Also have a Pirates franchise as well and they are 6-7.
LOL, exactly. I have yet to draw a walk but have been intentionally walked many times.I have pitched very few walks if any that were not intentional. There is actually a 360 achievement for drawing a walk and I have yet to get it.I still have a Dodgers franchise...21-15 or something. Got close to finishing a season with teh Tigers so I am sticking with them till I am done then will go back to the Dodgers. Also have a Pirates franchise as well and they are 6-7.
I think I've drawn one walk in the close to 100 games I've played. I've got a Mariners franchise going, but I've completely changed it from how the real Ms are actually run. I should bump up the difficulty, since I'm finally starting to get the hang of the pitching and batting controls.
I have Raul Mondesi like plate discipline in baseball video games. Luckily, the computer never seems to pick up on the fact that you swing at everything, and will eventually make a mistake over the plate. I do _try_ to work the count in the newer games though, because if you get ahead 2-0/3-1 they almost always throw a fastball down the middle. That rarely leads to an actual walk though, and every time I do take a walk I feel an exagerated sense of accomplishment lol.

I have MLB The Show, and same thing here... they keep telling me to draw a walk and it's just not happening. I should try going a whole game without swinging and see what happens.

MLB 2K8 82-65 3 game lead over the IndiansSo the wife was messing about on her computer and there was nothing on TV and I just busted out of the $3R so I fired it up. I start a game vs the A's. Rogers comes in with a 15-3 record against Blanton who is 13-11. I am a game and a half ahead and have lost 5 straight.Rogers is on his game today taking care of business in the first with 4 pitches. Blanton fires back with a SO and 2 pop outs.3th inning Granderson is up and hits a single up the gut. Ont the first pitch Granderson steals second and then Polanco sac bunts to get Grandy to 3rd with one out. Sheff hits the Sac fly and we take a 1-0 lead. In the 5th inning Renteria grounds out and then SBriand comes to the plate (yes I created myself and I play LF for the Tigers). I hit a single to right. Granderson hits a single to right and we have players on 1nd and 2nd. Polanco grounds out but moves the runners to 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs. Sheff hits a bloop single to left and SBriand scores and we leave the inning up 2-0.Blanton had hit pudge and inning before so Ellis was up and I figured I would return favor and have Rogers bean him. Not the smartest moves as that opened up a 2 run inning for the A's and we are now tied.I usually get my starters at around 40% stamina by the 7th but now I am in the 8th and Rogers is at 63%. I run him through the 8th and then he ends pitches 3 pitches for 3 outs in the 9th. Blanton is pulled in the bottom of the 9th when Cabrera leads off with a doube and Street comes in. Sadly his sinker is primed and kills me for the next 4 innings.Rogers ended up pitching 10 complete before I replaced him with Zumaya in the 11th. Rodney came in in the 13th. By the 16th I was worried. I had just sent down a few pitchers and brought up some young guns to give them their shot and this was not the game I wanted to test them in. I thought I would be okay when I had the bases loaded with 1 out in the 15th but that didn't pan out. I through Jones in for the 16th and he was shaky so I started warming up an already fatigued Grilli. My half of the 16th had runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and again I fail to close the deal. Grilli pitches the 17th but looks shaky and luckily gets Chavez to hit into a double play with runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. WHEW!Now I have a decision. I have two new young guys up and Lopez who played terrible earlier in the year but he was hot in AAA so I brought him up. I decided on him for the 18th. It was uncomfortable but he got through it by only giving up a double. I let him stay out for the 19th and that was not the best of plans as he gave up the 1 run. I now go into the bottom of the 19th down 3-2. Renteria pops out on the first pitch. Briand hits a double to center. Yes! Now we are in business!! Grandy hits a singe to right and we have runners on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out. Polanco hits a weak grounder to the shortstop and the runners can't advance. 2 outs. Sheff come up. First pitch he takes for a ball. 2nd pitch a foul. 3rd pitch a foul, 4th pitch a line drive right down the 3rd base line and Briand scores and Grandy heads to the plate and there is no play and the Tigers win 4-3 in dramatic fashion.At that point my wife was intrigued. I jump from the couch and run around the living room and end up back at the couch where I take my Mudhens hat off and she starts hitting me on the top of my head.It was a great day for my Detroit Tigers. Killed the A's 11-0 in the next game.

like the idea of this thread. 360Guitar hero 3 every once and a while. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 my friends and I play terrorist hunt every night. Trying to get the into playing either deathmatch or team leaderGTA IV pretty much stopped playing it after passing the story mode in a very crappy 30 hours and 2 mins and missed the stupid achievement.PSPMLB 2k8. Drafted a team and my pitchers can keep the opponent to a couple of runs but i cant score a lick. pretty happy though threw a no hitter with gallardo. First no no in a video game in a long time.

XBox 360:- Guitar Hero II - getting much better at these music games- Guitar Hero III- Rock Band - the drums still kick my ass- Call of Duty 4 - around a 1.20 K/D ratio online...screw prestige (I am also a seasoned vet of this game for the PS3, but switched to 360 to play with RL friends)- Viva Pinata - very fun...plays a lot like Animal Crossing from the Game Cube- GTA IV - like everyone else got stuck on a mission and play it every now and thenPS3:- MLB '08: The Show - still can't find a better baseball game than this masterpiece- Warhawk - a free MMOFPS that is quite addictingWii:- Super Smash Brothers Brawl - just got back into this

And you doubted me.But I have a question...If I can get one game, what should it be?I figure COD4, MGS4, GTA4, or other?
depends on this one...if you're looking for an absolute blast of an online experience then go with CoD4if you're looking for good single player games then it's a toss up between MGS4, and GTA4 (CoD4 has a good campaign but can be completed in less than a day)

I have 2 guitars for rockband, and the two work totally differently. Does EA still replace them if you want? Is there a time limit on that. My old one is ok, but once I got the new one I realized that the strum thing is way easier on the new one, and you can actually go up and down, and not have to reset it back to the middle to make it work. The new one works even if you hold it and keep pressing down, similar to the guitar hero one. The old one is much more finicky. But the new one's overdrive pretty much doesn't work at all if you swing the neck up. If you don't use the select button, you pretty much can't use it... but the old one works fine.Not sure what I should do.

I have 2 guitars for rockband, and the two work totally differently. Does EA still replace them if you want? Is there a time limit on that. My old one is ok, but once I got the new one I realized that the strum thing is way easier on the new one, and you can actually go up and down, and not have to reset it back to the middle to make it work. The new one works even if you hold it and keep pressing down, similar to the guitar hero one. The old one is much more finicky. But the new one's overdrive pretty much doesn't work at all if you swing the neck up. If you don't use the select button, you pretty much can't use it... but the old one works fine.Not sure what I should do.
I'm pretty sure they will still replace them. I really need to send my Rock Band guitar off myself...I'm using my GH2 guitar for rock band now.

A couple of pals convinced me to pick up the battlefield bad company game for the 360. The multiplayer is pretty fun and it looks fairly deep with the difference classes and the stuff you can unlock by ranking up.

MLB 2K8 Finished the season 91 and 71 with a 5 game lead over the Tribe.ALDSNYY vs SeattleDet vs BosNLDSMets vs CubsDodgers vs AtlantaPlayed on playoff game and won 9-4 thanks to some last minute heroics with a 5 run 9th inning.

I go through stretches where I play quite a bit and then other times where I play nothing at all. Right now I'm not playing anything but the last thing I was doing was trying to get to 100 on GTA IV. I think all I have left is some activities with friends and the stunt jumps.Some games I look forward to playing in the future include...Assassin's Creed (PS3)Mario Cart (Wii)Lego Indiana Jones (Wii)NHL 09 (PS3 - coming Sept. 9th)Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3 - never played any MGS games so I don't know)

A couple of pals convinced me to pick up the battlefield bad company game for the 360. The multiplayer is pretty fun and it looks fairly deep with the difference classes and the stuff you can unlock by ranking up.
I see you still haven't tried CoD4 online yet. I highly recommend it.
Some games I look forward to playing in the future include...Assassin's Creed (PS3)Mario Cart (Wii)Lego Indiana Jones (Wii)NHL 09 (PS3 - coming Sept. 9th)Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3 - never played any MGS games so I don't know)
Assassin's Creed - fun to play, looks beautiful, but does get a bit redundant after a few hoursMario Kart Wii - haven't played this yet, but I have yet to play a Mario Kart game that I didn't likeLego Indiana Jones - ask JadakiNHL 09 - never had a problem with this franchiseMetal Gear Solid 4 - a must if you love stealth game play, and if you have a PS2 I recommend getting MGS 1, 2, & 3...you can probably find them pretty cheap at a pawn shop or on www.half.com
Assassin's Creed - fun to play, looks beautiful, but does get a bit redundant after a few hoursMario Kart Wii - haven't played this yet, but I have yet to play a Mario Kart game that I didn't likeLego Indiana Jones - ask JadakiNHL 09 - never had a problem with this franchiseMetal Gear Solid 4 - a must if you love stealth game play, and if you have a PS2 I recommend getting MGS 1, 2, & 3...you can probably find them pretty cheap at a pawn shop or on www.half.com
Cool. Assassin's Creed is the only game I own as of yet and I'm not really in any hurry to buy any of the others yet. This plan is basically a 1-2 year plan. I believe my PS3 is a version that will play PS2 games so I'll have to get em a try.Jadaki, What are your thoughts on Lego Indy?
Jadaki, What are your thoughts on Lego Indy?
Did you play Lego Star Wars? If you did and you like the concept it's pretty much the same but in the Indiana Jones setting. Some good humor, easy gameplay, lots of unlockable content etc etc. Oh and a fairly fun 2 player mode.If you just want to blaze through and beat it ASAP its just a rental. If you are one of those people who like completing something to 100% its worth a purchase.

Hey guys, I finally purchased an XBox 360. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing, but it's something I've wanted for probably six months. The price reduction also helped convince me. I just got Halo 3 and wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions on games or on anything dealing with 360 in general. On my older systems, I'd usually play sports games or Tony Hawk but my brother has gotten me into the Halos somewhat.