The Absolute-ly Ridiculous Thread

*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to OOODANNYBOY [Ac Jh As 10s] DONSTER222 - FoldsGAM3PLAYER - Folds1SEXYDANCER - FoldsOOODANNYBOY - Calls $2BLISS001 - Calls $2FLAMINGRADIO - Raises $11 to $11RIVERDREAMER - FoldsLOLPWNU - FoldsDUMOINELAKE - FoldsOOODANNYBOY - Raises $36 to $38BLISS001 - FoldsFLAMINGRADIO - Calls $27*** FLOP *** [Ah 9c 7h]OOODANNYBOY - All-In $42FLAMINGRADIO - Calls $42*** TURN *** [Ah 9c 7h] [2h]*** RIVER *** [Ah 9c 7h 2h] [6d]*** SHOW DOWN ***OOODANNYBOY - Shows [Ac Jh As 10s] (Three of a kind, aces) FLAMINGRADIO - Shows [Jc 8c 7d 8h] (One pair, eights) OOODANNYBOY Collects $162 from main pot
Limp/re-raising in PLO = sexual chocolate. Then having opponent drawing dead is just gravy. You're my hero.
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to OOODANNYBOY [Ad Kd] OOODANNYBOY - Raises $1.50 to $1.50HVIP - Calls $1.50MONTAGNAIS - Calls $1.50CARADITHIL - FoldsCDCMO_MONEY - FoldsSHANDALIN - Folds*** FLOP *** [Jd 4d 3d]OOODANNYBOY - Bets $2HVIP - FoldsMONTAGNAIS - All-In(Raise) $55.37 to $55.37OOODANNYBOY - All-In $47MONTAGNAIS - returned ($6.37) : not called*** TURN *** [Jd 4d 3d] [3s]*** RIVER *** [Jd 4d 3d 3s] [7d]*** SHOW DOWN ***OOODANNYBOY - Shows [Ad Kd] (Flush, ace high) MONTAGNAIS - Shows [Js 10s] (Two Pair, jacks and threes) OOODANNYBOY Collects $99.75 from main pot

My conversation with VIP Chat about the new FAME promotion.VIP Host: Well, for starters, we have changed the status  players have with our new program.  Right now, you are a Diamond Elite.  The first thing you need to know is that this status last only for 3 month and since this is the first month of the program, you will have this status for only this month and if you make enough points during this month, you will remain a Diamond Elite for 3 more months.NAISMITH: Is that the highest status?VIP Host: Yes, that is the highest status.VIP Host: AlsoVIP Host: Something that might interest you is the fact that you are now eligible for a 9% interest you can earn.VIP Host: Its basically a 9% per annum interest bearing account.NAISMITH: What about that is different than the previous interest offered?VIP Host: Its basically the same, just wanted to inform you in case you were not aware of it, you have no idea how many Elite customer never knew about that.VIP Host: Now, we have also updated the AP store, where you now have a 10% discount, and you can purchase lots of new items and also gas cards or use your ARPs to pay directly for the entry of a tournament.VIP Host: You don't have to contact us in order to register for a tournament.VIP Host: And now that I mentioned ARPs, there are a couple of changes you should know.NAISMITH: Okay.VIP Host: Pending Dollars are now called "Bonus Dollars" and ARPs are now called "Credtis".VIP Host: In case you see those names and wonder about that.VIP Host: Now, the Bonus Dollars are released different now.VIP Host: They are released into real money depending at the amount of Credits you earn.VIP Host: In your case, you need to earn 450 Credits in order to release 5 Bonus Dollars, however, as a Diamond Elite, you now have a 5x multiplier and therefore, you will earn 5 times the amount of points you used to earn.NAISMITH: OkayVIP Host: By the way, you now earn ARPs, or should I say Credits depending on the amount of raked hands you play instead of the old way, where you only earned them depending on the amount of money you played at the table.NAISMITH: Cash for credits or is that entire promotion gone?VIP Host: No, it is still available, but that also changed, thanks for reminding me.VIP Host: Right now, you have a limit of $1,000 as a maximum per month.VIP Host: This may seem like a bad change but you have to keep in mind that you can earn a lot more with the 5x multiplier and you have a lot of options to use the points, like the new items at the store or get Gas Cards.VIP Host: Also, in the long run, you can get still a lot of cash, but you only have to wait a couple of months.NAISMITH: Hmm. It seems like the incentives have just been lessened and given a new name.NAISMITH: Although admittedly it will be easier to understand once there's a website that explains everything.VIP Host: Well, they have been updated somewhat, but you will get a lot of new benefits, like entries to special events, VIP treats like some cool item or gift in your birthday for example.VIP Host: Yeah, believe me, it will be easier thenNAISMITH: My birthday is today. Looks like I'm going to have to wait 365 days to reap that benefit. :)VIP Host: Nah, actually I can get you something nice for you!VIP Host: You won't have to wait a full year.NAISMITH: LOL. Well, thank you. I appreciate that.VIP Host: My pleasure! You will be the first one to receive something for this! And happy birthday by the way!NAISMITH: Thanks. Getting old sucks.VIP Host: Don't say that, specially since you are only 2 years older than I am! NAISMITH: Yeah, sorry, you're old too. :)VIP Host: Heheh, but not that old! So lets not get frustrated! It could be worse.VIP Host: I guess.VIP Host: :-PNAISMITH: Heh. It only goes downhill. :)VIP Host: Anyway, just wait until the website is updated for complete info, or give us a call or contact us via chat.NAISMITH: Okay, do you know when the website will be updated?VIP Host: It should be updated in the next couple of hours.NAISMITH: Oh, wow, thanks. NAISMITH: Okay, I appreciate your help. I'm going to try to win a few more dollars now. Have a nice evening.VIP Host: My pleasure man!VIP Host: And as soon as we have some update on that gift!NAISMITH: Don't work too hard. It can be stressful on your heart at your age.VIP Host: Have a great birthday!NAISMITH: Thanks.VIP Host: Haha, same to you! The stress of poker might kill youVIP Host: So take it slow! NAISMITH: That is probably true.VIP Host: Nah, you will be ok! Unless like a jackpot of like a million dollars! Then you might be in trouble.

winnar!!!so did we get screwed in this new deal or not?
ZOMG we got screwed.Releasing Bonuses:Old bonus release program = $5 released for every 30 raked hands where over $.50 in rake was taken (and player contributed to pot)New FAME release program = (Assuming Diamond Elite level) $5 released for every 70 actual Status Point earned. 1 Status Point= X amount of hands raked where player contributed to pot, with no minimum rake amount - 6 raked hands at 50NL = 1 Status Point= 420 raked hands to release $5 - 3 raked hands at 100NL = 1 Status Point= 210 raked hands to release $5 - 2 raked hands at 200NL+ = 1 Status Point= 140 raked hands to release $5So with FAME, more hands will count as 'raked', but will it even out? Sure doesn't looked that way... (I haven't actually played on AP under this new system yet, but I cannot imagine it is even close)Ca$h for Points:Old program = $.015 for each ARP if over 200k ARPs are sold, otherwise $0.01 per ARP, minimum 50k ARP cashout- As Elite VIP, you earned 3x ARPs over lowest VIP levelNew FAME program = $.007 for each Credit - less than half! ($25/min, $1000/month max) - As Diamond Elite, you earn 5x Credits over the lowest VIP levelAgain, it seems like they are trying to make it seem like you are getting more, but in fact you are getting less.They revamped their AP store, and it iis bigger and you can get more stuff at a 10% discount, but for example their XBOX 360 used to cost 60k ARPs, now it costs almost 80k Credits... ummm... even with the discount and how it is seemingly harder to earn Credits, this doesnt seem like a deal to me.Bonus whoring was the reason I play at AP (just at my level of play, I could make roughly $15-20/hr purely in bonuses), but now everything has been cut by more than half... I am seriously considering not playing there anymore and moving to a different site... will sleep on it...(If I am incorrect on any of this, please yell at or correct me :club: )
(If I am incorrect on any of this, please yell at or correct me :club: )
<deafening silence>Yeah, this Fame thing seems to suck. I'm still pretty sure I'll clear 1000/month in points for cash, though, and where else can I do that?

I got nate's money on AP. Finally started putting in a good volume of hands last night. All I can say is.<3 AP playersI hit my July goal last night.

I got nate's money on AP. Finally started putting in a good volume of hands last night. All I can say is.<3 AP playersI hit my July goal last night.
lol thats not bad, let me guess 1/2 PLO?
lol thats not bad, let me guess 1/2 PLO?
I played some 50PLO HU and won like $230. Then another aggrodonk (100% VPIP over 68 hands played) sat me and just kept hitting and hitting and hitting. I dropped 3 BI to him, he left me, then I saw him sitting at a 6max 2/4 table alone. I joined and played him HU/3way and made back my money and $70 extra.I really feel in the groove in PLO. I feel like I'm a better PLO player than NLHE, and I've been trying to learn NLHE seriously for 2+ years now. There's just so many people that have no concept of what a good PF PLO hand is, and how important position is.
I played some 50PLO HU and won like $230. Then another aggrodonk (100% VPIP over 68 hands played) sat me and just kept hitting and hitting and hitting. I dropped 3 BI to him, he left me, then I saw him sitting at a 6max 2/4 table alone. I joined and played him HU/3way and made back my money and $70 extra.I really feel in the groove in PLO. I feel like I'm a better PLO player than NLHE, and I've been trying to learn NLHE seriously for 2+ years now. There's just so many people that have no concept of what a good PF PLO hand is, and how important position is.
yeah I think PLO has been easier lately for me because I pay attention more because I am getting kinda bored of holdem.also LO8 is a really interesting game.

New "Fame" program sucks. I may move to Cake, but isn't it difficult to cash out there? All I know is that I've played 3.5k hands at $25 max this month and I've earned 75 fame whatever. I need to earn 2,500 just to be able to cash out at a lower rate than I was going to be able to. No way in hell I get to 2500.Everything with the program became harder to get and more expensive. ...sigh!

<deafening silence>Yeah, this Fame thing seems to suck. I'm still pretty sure I'll clear 1000/month in points for cash, though, and where else can I do that?
That still is true, just sucks when they take something away that was so good and replace it with something not nearly the same. And then when I get emails back from them with statements like this in them - "We know that the rate is lower and we cannot argue with that. Nonetheless we deployed part of the budget we had for this promotion to bring more benefits to our always loyal customers." - it makes me angry as I cannot figure out what the new benefits are besides more crap to overpay for in their store and 'VIP Treats'.Meh.
That still is true, just sucks when they take something away that was so good and replace it with something not nearly the same. And then when I get emails back from them with statements like this in them - "We know that the rate is lower and we cannot argue with that. Nonetheless we deployed part of the budget we had for this promotion to bring more benefits to our always loyal customers." - it makes me angry as I cannot figure out what the new benefits are besides more crap to overpay for in their store and 'VIP Treats'.Meh.
lol corporate jargon for you're going to take it in the ass and like it.Mark
I really feel in the groove in PLO. I feel like I'm a better PLO player than NLHE, and I've been trying to learn NLHE seriously for 2+ years now. There's just so many people that have no concept of what a good PF PLO hand is, and how important position is.
Not to burst your bubble:But it's almost impossible that you don't suck at PLO and are just running hot. PLO is a much tougher game to get good at/approach mastering than NLHE is. It's very possible that you're just playing against mostly braindead morons, but your edge against those guys is actually less in PLO than it is in NLHE.I'm just saying, there's almost no way that you're gonna be better at a more complex game in less time than you'd spent trying to learn the simpler game.Congrats on running hot. Just watch out.
Not to burst your bubble:But it's almost impossible that you don't suck at PLO and are just running hot. PLO is a much tougher game to get good at/approach mastering than NLHE is. It's very possible that you're just playing against mostly braindead morons, but your edge against those guys is actually less in PLO than it is in NLHE.I'm just saying, there's almost no way that you're gonna be better at a more complex game in less time than you'd spent trying to learn the simpler game.Congrats on running hot. Just watch out.
I know part of its running hot, and I'm sure if PokerEV supported AP it would say that too. But like nate said, some of my advantage comes from more focus and less boredom. I'm not claiming to be a superstar omaha player and TP/MM, but I feel much more comfortable at making decisions in this game than I do at NLHE. I can make bigger folds and have a better idea about when I get the best of a flop, etc etc etc.And I've also stated that a lot of my success is playing vs. idiots. But game selection is part of a good winning formula, so it's not just that I'm getting lucky that they suck and donate. I've also had losing sessions at PLO, but over my first 4.5k hands (not a huge or reliable sample, I know), I'm definitely a winner at every level I have played. It feels good, and when I feel like I can play a game good, it translates into more confidence and better decisions.My two cents.Also, I know I may not be a "good" player at PLO. Good, meaning, can consistently beat the game (just haven't been able to put in the required amount of hands to determine). However, not sure if the bolded statement is necessary, and may be a bit of a blow.
But it's almost impossible that you don't suck at PLO and are just running hot.
Someone piss in your cereal this morning?

BTW, in December/January, I ran at ~20BB/100 for like 15k hands or something and then lost just shy of 40 buyins in the next ~5k hands. Variance in PLO is incredible, and massive swings happen as do extended periods of smooth sailing and steady profit.It's very possible/probable that you are a good PLO player, but make sure you prepare yourself for the swings. It takes hundreds of thousands of hands for you to learn your true winrate.