• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, if you have the drive and the desire, I say go for it. Even though a 700 dollar bank roll wont make you much at all just keep grinding and playing your ass off. Practicing bank roll management is a must. If you are dedicated enough and good enough, you can make plenty of money. Good luck. :club:

OP, if you have the drive and the desire, I say go for it. Even though a 700 dollar bank roll wont make you much at all just keep grinding and playing your ass off. Practicing bank roll management is a must. If you are dedicated enough and good enough, you can make plenty of money. Good luck. :club:
I'm surprised by the lack of flaming in this thread. Look at the ammo this guy gave us... 8k/month? Playing $22 sngs... with no previous balling experience?FCP's going soft. Really soft.
I'm waiting for the post after he explains his plans to his parents
Will we have to wait until he gets computer privaleges back?
I'm surprised by the lack of flaming in this thread. Look at the ammo this guy gave us... 8k/month? Playing $22 sngs... with no previous balling experience?FCP's going soft. Really soft.
I'm just trying to bring some positive posts instead of tons of people making fun of everyone. And I missed the part where he said he made 8k a month.

looooooooooool @ winning 8k a month at $20's STT's.Let's assume you're half-way decent and earn a solid ROI of about 15% while 4-tabling. Giving you a whopping profit of $3 per SNG or about $12/sesh. One sesh of SNG's will be, on average, a little over an hour, like an hour and ten minutes. Have fun playing 2667 (8000/(20*.15))SNG's this month to earn that $8k, assuming you never tilt or play bad for whatever reason and maintain that 15% ROI that whole way thorugh. Those 2667 SNG's, while 4-tabling, will take you roughly 778 hours((2667/4)*1.167)(equal to 1 hr 10 mins). No worries, that's only playing every day straight for 32 days.Wait....how many days are in a month?

looooooooooool @ winning 8k a month at $20's STT's.Let's assume you're half-way decent and earn a solid ROI of about 15% while 4-tabling. Giving you a whopping profit of $3 per SNG or about $12/sesh. One sesh of SNG's will be, on average, a little over an hour, like an hour and ten minutes. Have fun playing 2667 (8000/(20*.15))SNG's this month to earn that $8k, assuming you never tilt or play bad for whatever reason and maintain that 15% ROI that whole way thorugh. Those 2667 SNG's, while 4-tabling, will take you roughly 778 hours((2667/4)*1.167)(equal to 1 hr 10 mins). No worries, that's only playing every day straight for 32 days.Wait....how many days are in a month?
PWNED
So then 12 table, knock it down to a 9% ROI. Simple as 1,2,3, turning pro is a no brainer here. Honestly 700 bucks is perfect for this type of thing, this plan cannot fail.
Your post made me realize something...OP...Ryland?
funny movies are way extra more funnier when drunk. LOL
Austin Powers 3. I saw it in the theatre while I was pissed drunk. I laughed non-stop the entire movie.Funny how, when I saw it again (sober) I couldn't remember why it was so funny. It was still funny, but it is definitely better watching it drunk rather than sober.
So I'm in college right now, and don't really have any expenses. I don't really have to worry about money issues too bad. So I'm going to be a professional. My bankroll is still a little smaller than I would like ($780ish).
You don't have to worry about expenses in college for whatever reason. Well done.You WILL have to worry about expenses in life, when you're out of college.Don't be an idiot. Finish your degree, then do whatever you want.If I've mis-understood, and we're being delusional,TP/MM etc. etc.

At the start of 2007, I had a bankroll of $42.At the end of 2007, I had around $350-$400 won by grinding sngs, trying out new games, learning limit short handed, playing cash games, tournaments etc. I was a winner in sngs and break even/lost at everything else.This year, my goal was to turn my $350-400 into $1000-$3000. I am very confident I will succeed. I base this on past results and the results of others at my skill level.My main goal, though, is to continue to learn about poker and become a better player.If you continue to work on your game and work hard on maintaining focus, playing with good bankroll management, etc, it's possible that one day your poker playing will yield you more money than your office job. At that point, you can quit and TP/MM.When I looked into TP/MM, I determined that I would have to be playing the $22 sngs at a ROI of 18. I would only play about 800 a month (any more and I would burn out) which would yield me a monthly profit of about $3000.Not exactly living the good life, but enough to cover my monthly expenses with a bit of wiggle room.I would announce my pro status if I could maintain this over a year. I would have 3-6 months of expenses in the bank before I tried this. Playing poker becomes a lot more stressful if your success or failure determines whether you can take care of your bills.I've since come to the conclusion that a ROI of 12-14 would be more reasonable. I won't be turning pro any time soon.I'm so glad I didn't discover poker until after university. You're missing out on a lot of great experiences if you focus your attention on poker, rather than school, friends and just being young and learning about yourself.Don't drop poker, but, IMO, I wouldn't make it your first priority. The game's not going anywhere.GL with whatever you decide to do.

I assume you mean your going to become a pro-poker player rather than, become a McDonalds employee or something? Like, your playing just to win beer money and such, if it doesn't go well, fukc it, but if it does go well, all the better. And the reason your callin yourself a pro is because you feel you can make at least min. wage and because it obv sounds super cool? If that's the case, it's cool, you might aswell try, you have nothing to lose.If your planning on dropping out of school and making 8k/month at $22 SNGs, you're of below average intelligence.