I like him really. I think he's a little geeky and lacks social skills, probably because he is young and hasn't really had the chance to develop socially as much as most people as he spends a lot of his time on a computer. Compared with players who love to be on TV like Hellmuth he's going to come across as a little strange sometimes.
You're saying that Helmuth isn't strange?
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but he was incredibly (and predictably) arrogant. I'll never, ever forget him saying ' Pat, when you are the best player in the world, people are going to be jealous of you.' So classic.
whats so wrong with him giving this advice to a young up n comer or perhaps him giving insight to his life?
It's a common saying used to express someone's point of view and not really an attempt to find who is the greatest player of all time via a complicated foolproof algorythm? I know it's pointless trying to work out an exact ranking of players, but I think it's pretty clear that Dwan is a better poker player than Helmuth, and i'm not the only one to share this view. Nice last line though, obviously it's hard for most of us who've never associated with him to judge his character, but imo there's only so far you can be a 'media persona' before it acctually starts being who you are when the cameras are switched off, if that makes any sense.
Paragraph #2 is probably the dumbest thing I have ever read. It's pretty clear a guy with 11 bracelets and an insane number of final tables is worse than a kid who has been playing online (at least legally) for about 3 years. It's just sad how many nerds are out there who blow every online player--but I am sure Durrr would like you to anyway. That kid would shit his pants if he ever had a real world job. Get out of the house for once, bud. Like OMG so standard, lol.
Paragraph #2 is probably the dumbest thing I have ever read. It's pretty clear a guy with 11 bracelets and an insane number of final tables is worse than a kid who has been playing online (at least legally) for about 3 years. It's just sad how many nerds are out there who blow every online player--but I am sure Durrr would like you to anyway. That kid would shit his pants if he ever had a real world job. Get out of the house for once, bud. Like OMG so standard, lol.
The most it could be is the second dumbest now.
2) I would be willing to crossbook Hellmuth against Dwan in any and all NL tournaments they both play at the Series. I'm sure Durr is much better at any other type of game, but PH is definately top notch and has much bigger edge in NLHE tournaments than Durrr.
I'll take this bet for any 5k+ tournament they both play for the rest of their lives.
I'll take this bet for any 5k+ tournament they both play for the rest of their lives.
Must be NLHE tournaments.I get Hellmuth, you get Dwan.We'll make points system and rate them on all WSOP tourneys the both enter.Winner gets 5k.
Must be NLHE tournaments.I get Hellmuth, you get Dwan.We'll make points system and rate them on all WSOP tourneys the both enter.Winner gets 5k.
Bets get made quick around here
I wanted to bet on every NLHE tourney they play...not just WSOP. (I doubt you would be interested in that) But I'll still take Durrs action in WSOP. My only stipulation as I listed above is that the tournament buyin has to be $5k or more.
I wanted to bet on every NLHE tourney they play...not just WSOP. (I doubt you would be interested in that) But I'll still take Durrs action in WSOP. My only stipulation as I listed above is that the tournament buyin has to be $5k or more.
Can I get in on this?Mark
Throw in the 3ks and we'll gamble the full price of the condo. And we can do seperate bets on each WPT 10k if you want.Here's my suggested list of events:Event 1: PLHE 10kEvent 4: Mixed HE 5kEvent 11: NLHE Shootout 5kEvent 21: NLHE 5kEvent 25: NLHE HU 10kEvent 29: NLHE 3kEvent 46: NLHE 6max 5kand obv 10k MEI think the 3k is still a tough enough field to count (tougher compared to avg WSOP events) , plus it will give us a bigger sample size.I'll give you the option on event 1 or not, which I assume they will both play.
I think Durrrr acted more like a douche in the NBC HU thenHellmuth. Sure hell muth berated him for a piss poor play... so what? Duur went on to say "ive said it a million times lets play HU", That just seems a lot more douchy to me than what hullmuth said.
incorrect, Hellmuth berated him and told him how bad he played the hand, aka douchbag status. Durr said lets play HU as many games you want, as much as you want. It's not douchy if he backs it up. Stop criticizing the kid and put your money up and play if he's so bad.
Throw in the 3ks and we'll gamble the full price of the condo. And we can do seperate bets on each WPT 10k if you want.Here's my suggested list of events:Event 1: PLHE 10kEvent 4: Mixed HE 5kEvent 11: NLHE Shootout 5kEvent 21: NLHE 5kEvent 25: NLHE HU 10kEvent 29: NLHE 3kEvent 46: NLHE 6max 5kand obv 10k MEI think the 3k is still a tough enough field to count (tougher compared to avg WSOP events) , plus it will give us a bigger sample size.I'll give you the option on event 1 or not, which I assume they will both play.
hmm let me look @ the schedule and I'll hit you up
Can I get in on this?Mark
I don't want anymore 2008 WSOP action but I'm willing to crossbook any $5k+ tournament they play until next years WSOP.
incorrect, Hellmuth berated him and told him how bad he played the hand, aka douchbag status. Durr said lets play HU as many games you want, as much as you want. It's not douchy if he backs it up. Stop criticizing the kid and put your money up and play if he's so bad.
Play what? Durr is a bitch dude, enough said. Ship it holla ballas are all little mouthy hbitches from what i have seen. Yes i will take Hellmuth in any bet when playing against Durrrr. I dont have an extra 5k to put up in this bet but i am willing to bet something that is in relation to my bankroll. Durrr came off like a bigger douchebag in that HU match.. Hellmuth berated him just the same as i probably would have if i was in that situation.. Durr played the hand like shiit and probably would time after time again. That is why i would pick hellmuth in bets. You live in Vegas, enough talk... get this shiit set up. :club: fwiw i am drunk as hell from the cavs celtics game... Drinking underage in bars is sooo fun.
Play what? Durr is a bitch dude, enough said. Ship it holla ballas are all little mouthy hbitches from what i have seen. Yes i will take Hellmuth in any bet when playing against Durrrr. I dont have an extra 5k to put up in this bet but i am willing to bet something that is in relation to my bankroll. Durrr came off like a bigger douchebag in that HU match.. Hellmuth berated him just the same as i probably would have if i was in that situation.. Durr played the hand like shiit and probably would time after time again. That is why i would pick hellmuth in bets. You live in Vegas, enough talk... get this shiit set up. :club: fwiw i am drunk as hell from the cavs celtics game... Drinking underage in bars is sooo fun.
Durr would own him in any other form of poker, fwiw. I don't think challenging someone to play when they tell you how terrible you are makes you a douchebag. As dork and dweeby as he comes off, it doesn't take away from the fact that he owns @ poker and is willing to put his money up against anyone.
Durr would own him in any other form of poker, fwiw. I don't think challenging someone to play when they tell you how terrible you are makes you a douchebag. As dork and dweeby as he comes off, it doesn't take away from the fact that he owns @ poker and is willing to put his money up against anyone.
Okay i am willing to ebt that DUrr has no ****ing clue in any other game beside Nl holdem. yes, i respect the fact that he is wiloing to put up his own money in playing Hellmuth... but i would still bet againsy thim in a best of 50 100k Hu matches.
I will accept this bet
alright.... i forgot about PLO.... besides that im pretty sure he doesnt know much.. not that it matters because hes made a ton of money in the games that ehs good at. Which of course i can repect him for that.I would stil take Hellmuth
Okay i am willing to ebt that DUrr has no ****ing clue in any other game beside Nl holdem. yes, i respect the fact that he is wiloing to put up his own money in playing Hellmuth... but i would still bet againsy thim in a best of 50 100k Hu matches.
He's always in the 200/400 PLO games and I can't imagine its bc he likes dumping money into it. I would take Durr in HU PLO everytime.

Can we all agree that:1) Both are awesome NLHE players in their own elements (PH=tourney, durrr=cash).2) Ranking them is like trying to rank the '86 Celtics vs. the '88 Lakers...you can, but not really.3) Both are douchebags who's social maturity has been SEVERELY stunted to the point that Hellmuth acts like he's 9 without realizing it and durrr acts like a homo without realizing it.4) We'd all trade places with a gay 9-year-old for durrr's early success and PH's collective success.

Was Durr one of the 2 kids who bought a house in Tennessee a couple years ago?And Phil lives in Palo Alto?I take Phil