Can we all agree that:1) Both are awesome NLHE players in their own elements (PH=tourney, durrr=cash).2) Ranking them is like trying to rank the '86 Celtics vs. the '88 Lakers...you can, but not really.3) Both are douchebags who's social maturity has been SEVERELY stunted to the point that Hellmuth acts like he's 9 without realizing it and durrr acts like a homo without realizing it.4) We'd all trade places with a gay 9-year-old for durrr's early success and PH's collective success.
Very well said IMo. Saying that Durrr would ahve an Edge any any other form of poker is just fuccking insane. Count out Nlhe and PLo and wtf does he know?!?!1 Nothing!!! I would think that me, fitzinabox would ahve en adge against durrr in a HU HORSE match. Not shitting you. Sure the kid is reallly good at poker, especially the forms he excels at (NL and PLO). I have never seen him play anything other than those games. I would still bet on Hellmuth in a HU best of 50 100k NL holdem match. It is probably just a trivial thing to say as it will probably never happen but seirously... i know the kid is good but i think you are tgivin him too much credit Loooshle.
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Durr one of the 2 kids who bought a house in Tennessee a couple years ago?And Phil lives in Palo Alto?I take Phil

alright.... i forgot about PLO.... besides that im pretty sure he doesnt know much.. not that it matters because hes made a ton of money in the games that ehs good at. Which of course i can repect him for that.I would stil take Hellmuth
he's been a regular in the 500/1K horse lately. and while he probably still has a lot to learn, i would crossbook his action over hellmuth in horse.some people in this thread have a very good idea of what they are talking about (the ones who agree with me). :Dmark, if loosh doesn't want your action i'll take it up to 2K. Durrrrr is 3 times the player hellmuth is. but hellmuth is not a slouch and brings it one time a year.
Can we all agree that:1) Both are awesome NLHE players in their own elements (PH=tourney, durrr=cash).2) Ranking them is like trying to rank the '86 Celtics vs. the '88 Lakers...you can, but not really.3) Both are douchebags who's social maturity has been SEVERELY stunted to the point that Hellmuth acts like he's 9 without realizing it and durrr acts like a homo without realizing it.4) We'd all trade places with a gay 9-year-old for durrr's early success and PH's collective success.
Oh so Durr has been a reg in the horse game as of late... So sue me he must be a GOD just like he is at everything else.EDIT: it is morning now and im sober. I see i took this arguement a little too far last night while drunk. My apologies and lol at some of my statements

LOL @ Fitzinthebox.Talk about life tilt. How can you honestly talk shit about Tom Dwan? He has played at the highest levels for a while now and probably has 10-15 million in the bank at age 21. Yet you are bragging about getting into bars "underage".GTFO kid. Learn to handle your alcohol instead of spewing at the mouth when you get a lil tipsy. :club:

FWIW I think this kid Dwan is a lot different now than he was 3-4 years ago when he was creating ship it holla balla websites.I was a lot different from 18 to 21 and probably did some pretty retarded stuff then, that I would be embarrassed about now, fortunately since I am an oldy the internet was not like it is now so there is no record of my doucheynees (is that a word?).I give him credit, he (and Galfond) in the few interviews I have seen with them recently seem to be fairly humble, yet confident in what they do.

Kind of ot at this point but think about how this looked to the avg Saturday afternoon TV viewer who has no idea who Tom Dwan is.
This crossed my mind before, then i imagined the hoardes of ESPN watching wannabe poker players going 'Hahah that strange looking kid's an idiot Helmuth would trash him, he has 11 bracelets, 11!!'
1) Meh, I and many other people don't even think he's that amazing at tournaments, he just markets himself to such an extent that people get this idea that he's far and away the best tournament player there is by some distance and that just isn't the case from the comments i've heard succesful more experienced players than myself make. 3) How did Durr act like a douche in any way? Put it this way, if Helmuth had been in Durr's position he would have acted in a far more obscene and pathetic manner than Tom did.

1. Phil stood up and paced like he knew he was going to lose. 2. Pushing there is not "standard"3. It probably doesnt matter because with a single overcard on the flop TD is check/calling the flop and sees the turn anyway4. Tom, its not "verse" its "versUS"5. It it werent a HU tourney the "hu4rollz" challenge would have been so 2005.6. TD handled Phil well.7. Nobody at that level is "2x the player" of anyone else at that level, especially heads up.

1. Phil stood up and paced like he knew he was going to lose. 2. Pushing there is not "standard"3. It probably doesnt matter because with a single overcard on the flop TD is check/calling the flop and sees the turn anyway4. Tom, its not "verse" its "versUS"5. It it werent a HU tourney the "hu4rollz" challenge would have been so 2005.6. TD handled Phil well.7. Nobody at that level is "2x the player" of anyone else at that level, especially heads up.
What about 9.2X the player?
What about 9.2X the player?
Loooooooool!
I gave that some thought, and I believe we decided it was 9.2 w/out the sox hat and ∞ with the sox hat.
You dropped your 8, Pat.LOL.Made you look. :club:
2. Pushing there is not "standard"
i think they were about 60BBs deep. i don't know if it's standard or not, but it definitely doesn't strike me as crazy.
6. TD handled Phil well.
he acted a little immature. but a guy ranting and raving at me for a play i stand by on national television would throw me off too. like seriously, WTF? where does phil come off talking shit to his face on national television? if the rolls were reversed phil would be all "how about showing a little class? for 15 years i've been one of the best and i've never been treated like this."
7. Nobody at that level is "2x the player" of anyone else at that level, especially heads up.
2x is a bit much, and impossible to quantify. but you have a much bigger edge HU than anywhere else. Believe me, I think Phil is a GREAT player, but I act under the assumption that guys who came up online think about the game WAAAAAYYYY better than guys who came up live.
but you have a much bigger edge HU than anywhere else.
Not at the level of poker they are playing, which is what I said. Even at the experienced donkey level you can play a nearly non-exploitable strategy that keeps it well within 2:1. Just look at how far the celebrities progess in the NBC HU thing.
Not at the level of poker they are playing, which is what I said. Even at the experienced donkey level you can play a nearly non-exploitable strategy that keeps it well within 2:1. Just look at how far the celebrities progess in the NBC HU thing.
disagree
Not at the level of poker they are playing, which is what I said.
at any level.
Even at the experienced donkey level you can play a nearly non-exploitable strategy that keeps it well within 2:1.
i wasn't saying durrr would win 50% of matches. i just think of him as twice the player PH is.