Sushi Thread

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an extra dry vodka dirty martini and an 8oz filet with Lobster tonite. Kinda sushi...sorta...maybe....Even took a pic. Durants in Phoenix, ftw!DurantsSteak1.jpgI have no idea how that pine tree got on my plate though
Be honest. You only ordered the martini to look cool. The photo doesn't have the same punch once you've eaten half of it.

I had sushi last night in a hole in the wall called Shiki in Coolidge Corner (Boston). Had tuna, salmon, yellow tail - best sushi I've had yet since I moved here.

I forgot to update how my night went when I ordered sushi. I had also forgotten that the last time I ate sushi from this place, I broke out in hives.Well it happened again. What's funny is that I haven't ordered anything different than what I get at other places that serve sushi. But they put the orange stuff on the outside (fish eggs?) and it's "chunkier" and bigger specs of orange than most other places, so I think I might be allergic to that.All allergies aside (these are the only times I've been allergic to anything), it was very good...it only makes me itch all over so no need for an epipen. I ordered a spider roll, a tuna roll, and a cucumber roll (because im fat and on a budget), like 20 pieces total. The spider roll has the orange stuff on the outside. I enjoy this place but I guess I'll have to go to my other place from now on. Here are the menu's if any sushi experts would like to have a look see.Matsu Sushi Allergy placeCharlie Chiang's I like this place the best but it's pricey.

I had sushi last night.A local roll called the Pinnacle Mountain Roll which was tempura softshell crap, nori, roe, and rice covered in eel sauce and that spicy orange sauce and a Philadelphia roll.Deelish.

Buffet again on Sunday.... had all sushiUnreal how good this stuff is.....
There is a chinese buffet around here that has sushi on it too. Nobody goes near it but you cannot beat AYCE sushi for $8 during lunch.
  • 2 years later...

Going to Sushi tonight at Makimono in Pickering..Our favourite restaurant..If you are in the area, come say hi..Ill be the one with all the sashimi..YUM YUM

wow a sushi thread? really?i'm gonna kill this one, i eat sushi probably every other day, albacore toro is my fave, followed by tai, inari and tojo's lobster rolls, but its all good

I had sushi last night.A local roll called the Pinnacle Mountain Roll which was tempura softshell crap, nori, roe, and rice covered in eel sauce and that spicy orange sauce and a Philadelphia roll.Deelish.
You didn't get hepatitis from this, did you?
  • 3 weeks later...

I absolutely love sushi. Sadly, I'm currently living in Buffalo which offers very few options which border upon edibility. NYC and San Diego for New Year's, though, so I will have some world class sushi this month, for sure. My favorite place ever is called Sushi Kaito in Del Mar, CA.

I absolutely love sushi. Sadly, I'm currently living in Buffalo which offers very few options which border upon edibility. NYC and San Diego for New Year's, though, so I will have some world class sushi this month, for sure. My favorite place ever is called Sushi Kaito in Del Mar, CA.
Come over to Toronto, we have lots of great sushi.
Come over to Toronto, we have lots of great sushi.
I've been a few times, actually. Lots of good food in Toronto, for sure. I just don't have a license these days (choice, not a DWI or anything) and none of my friends are silly enough to drive two hours each way for some pieces of raw fish, like I am. So now when I go up, it'll have to be disguised as a shopping trip for the gf or something. And that obviously cuts down my motivation to get there.
Our New Year's Eve was sushi with two other couples. Nice way to end the year. Restaurant was pretty slow.
We did sushi/asian fusion alone. Zuma restaurant, very delicious. The fish was great (especially the tuna sashimi) and so was the cooked food (the tempura tiger shrimp were amazing).

made spicy tuna rolls, inari sushi, salmon rolls in yuba, chicken karage, tempura, yum yum0103012020b.jpg0103012030.jpg0103012020d.jpg