• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy who wrote that really like italicization.Also -- I mean -- there aren't any good MCs on there, but the list is just a typical VH1-type thing, that's less about a list of actually bad rappers than it is some overrated ones, some overcorporate ones against whom there's been backlash, white ones with annoying gimmicks, and most prominently novelty acts no one ever realized were actually considered rappers. The Chicago Bears don't really need to be on that list. 90% of Atlanta does.

yeah, terrible list. MC Hammer is not the second worst rapper of all time, btw. Dr Dre and Timbaland need to be on this list, they are terrible, terrible rappers, and I hate the whole genre of producer rapper, who are bad rappers, but they write such good beats that people kinda have to let them rap. I know it might be blastphemy to some, because NWA, the Chronic, and Chronic 2001 are such classics, but Dre is not a good rapper at all. Puffy should be higher on the list.Stuff like the bears and Mr T should not be on this list, Novelties are just that, Novel. Flava Flav would be on this list if he wasn't a reality show cottage industry, and everyone's favorite PoMo Minstrel show.

Dre is not as horrible of a rapper as you rememberDoes anyone actually consider Timbaland a rapper?Agree with PuffFlava Flav is not a rapper, never was.Gald chingy and Master P were on the list, oh yeah and ICP

Timbaland has released enough albums of himself rapper that we simply can't pretend he doesn't. They're generally not bad, all-in-all. What I don't understand is why more shitty rappers like Rick Ross don't just pay someone to write for them. I could forgive a weak flow if the cypher weren't such a joke.

Flava Flav is not a rapper, never was.
Come to think of it, I believe the is 100% correct in the most literal way: I'm almost sure that I've never heard Flav rap at all, ever. Wasn't he just the "hype man" or something?Dre: I recall Dre being roughly above average; certainly serviceable. Plus, 2001 served as my earliest source of ironic rap quotes. I submit:Yeah -- I just took some EcstasyAin't no tellin' what the side effects could beAll these fine bitches equal sex to mePlus I got this bad bitch layin' next to me-- No doubt, sit back on the couch; pants down, rubber on; set to turn that ass outLaid the bitch out, then I put it in her mouth; pulled out, nutted on a towel and passed out

Ok... <deep breath>....NellyReally? Really?#1, Hot N Here, Where the Party At, Country Grammar, EI, N Dey Sey, Fly Away, My Place, Dilemma, Batter Up, Luven Me, Air Force Ones, Shake Ya Tail Feather, Hold Up, Stick Out Ya Wrist, Over and Over...I mean, that's just off the top of my head. He's the Mariah Carey of Rap. Love him or hate him, he's a solid hit machine, and has no business on that list.On to other things.Will Smith? Are you freakin' kidding me? Guy flows pretty smooth, and has (semi) adapted to about 5 different "climate changes" in the various eras he's been stuck in the middle of. Is he past making the kids head bob? Yeah, probably. But he's a cultural icon, and I can't even fathom someone calling him a "bad rapper". Tame Rapper? Sure. Bad? No way, Jose (I rhymed!).ICP?F*ck that. I *hate* 99.9% of their music. Hate it. Can't stand it. Hate 99.9% of their fans. hate it. can't stand it.But I respect it.Picture it. Detroit, early 90s. Two fat guys walk into your talent agency. Tell you they are gonna do the club circuit in the happy-go-lucky urban section of Detroit. They are going to buy stock in grease paint. dress up like clowns. spray each other with root beer. rap. attack anyone who doubts them. be as filthy and disgusting as possible to stay as far off the radio as humanly possible.Factor in all that. Add mediocre-to-marginal talent to the mix. Somehow give them A+ production value from a studio. Someone gave them the chance to do all that? In Detroit? Really?It's one of the greatest/most improbable success stories in music history. That I respect. And I grit my teeth and play if for the ladies when they request it.

Flava Flav is not a rapper, never was.
Come to think of it, I believe the is 100% correct in the most literal way: I'm almost sure that I've never heard Flav rap at all, ever. Wasn't he just the "hype man" or something?
Not true. Just about ever public enemy album has a flavor flav song, kind of PE's version of the Ringo song..Cold Limpin'911 is a jokeLetter to the New York Post ( from Apocalypse 91) ( I can't find a youtube link)Yes, he was primarily a hype man, but any time they let him rap, it was truly terrible. Dre is not better than I remember. He has no flow, he raps the same way in ever song he's ever rapped in. It's just because the songs are so classic, and sometimes the lyrics are so classic, everyone assumes he's great. But he's outshined, as a rapper, on Chronic by snoop, and on Chronic 2001 by everyone. I stand by my assessment that dre, while maybe not deserving to be on a top 25 list, is the most overrated rapper in history.

Also, Fred Durst should be number one...

this might be the worst rap of all time.Also, though he gets immunity because of his early work, Snoop Dog is terrible and has been terrible for about a decade.

Snoop horrible. I have his new stuff, his old stuff, his phony personality...I'm not a fan. I think he's way worse than Dre (who I like a lot, though more for his production, obviously). Snoop is trash, and Red Light/Green Light is hysterical. (There's actually a great story I don't remember too well were I convinced my older brother to toke up with me like a year ago, at like 10am, and we ended up in a thrift store laughing and fighting over this multi-colored sportbike jacked. We bought it [i guess he did, because he has it now], and somehow decided we needed to rent Torque, and get higher. Our friend found us hysterical, laughing, taking turns wearing the jacket and making motorcycle sounds. Fred Durst is the king.)

Snoop horrible. I have his new stuff, his old stuff, his phony personality...I'm not a fan. I think he's way worse than Dre (who I like a lot, though more for his production, obviously). Snoop is trash, and Red Light/Green Light is hysterical.
I have no ability to judge snoop on the Chronic and Doggiestyle objectively, because I loved those albums, and loved him on them. But everything he's made since has been terrible
l_3222b1c4ed4394d36e994c561fe23e7e.jpg/threadIve heard one other song from his album other then Crank Dat, it was one of the worst things Ive ever heardPlus the album was raed one of the worst of 08

The list needs criteria, like releasing a actual solo rap album where they are the featured artist. This would eliminate the debate over Dre, Puffy, and Tim.Flav was a hype man but also rapped, and he sucked.Dre isn't that bad, he just isn't great and all his shit is ghostwritten so I don't even look at him as a rap artist. If I was going to look at him that way you just can't put him on the list because of what he did with NWA and the two chronic albums.Fred Durst isn't a rapper, I don't care what bullshit he ever released.Timberland isn't horrible either, certainly more listenable to than 98.4% of southern hip hop artist right now and most his stuff is collaboration work anyway.Snoop has classic albums, no matter how much he has fallen off over the years its just not possible for a guy who released two of the best albums of the 90's to be on a worst rappers list ever.Puffy is the worst of the rapper/producers and its not even really close, actually i take that back... JD fits that bill.Will Smith should not be on the list.No doubt my list would be filled with southern artist starting with Master P and nearly everyone who was on No Limit records at some point. Also lets toss in the kid acts that sucked, like pretty much anything Jermaine Dupri has worked on.____The list copied here to save time.1. Vanilla Ice2. MC Hammer3. Brian Austin Green4. Dee Dee King5. Puffy6. Fred Durst7. Mr. T8. Will Smith9. K-fed10. Marky Mark11. Shaq12. Northern State13.Tony Yayo14. Master P15. Rappin Duke16. ICP17. Elvira18. Chingy19. Dan Aykroyd and Tom hanks20. Nelly21. 2 Live Crew22. Bobby Jimmy and the Critters23. Mike Jones24. Bubba Sparks25. Chicago Bears

Dont think will smith, tony yayo or puff daddy should be on that list. Admittidly they may be bad but certainly not worst of all time. LOL @ whoever said dr dre up there.

The guy who wrote this is a joke and has no credibility. The only people who should make this list is hip hop artists who vote on who is the worst. I can't believe yahoo had this on their front page as worst rappers of all time. Whether they are bad or not, if they had multiple hits they should not be on the list.In the late 90's Puff Daddy was huge... all the Puff Daddy featuring Mase songs went straight to #1. No we he is on the list. He has crazy live performances as well, have you seen him on MTV music awards? The crowd goes nuts every time.Mike Jones, Bubba Sparks, and Chingy haven't been around long enough to be on the list. All the Bubba Sparks songs I have heard have been not bad. I haven't heard Mike Jones' that much other than his singles, but no we he should be on the list.Nelly!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! Nelly has had so many hits, and top selling albums, what a joke.Will Smith... even though he is not a gangster rapper, and has a different target audience, it doesn't make him one of the worst. He probably has 9 or 10 #1 songs.I don't care if MC Hammer blew all his money, he was awesome. He sold out venues all over the country, kids and adults both liked him which was why he was so huge.As for the K-Fed, Brian Austin Green, etc, they all were jokes and shouldn't be considered for the list, the writer of the article was trying to be funny, but he is not funny at all.This is a horrible article and it makes me angry. Also, you are all right that Dr. Dre doesn't rap that much, but when he does rap, there is no way that it is horrible. You better watch your mouths when you talk shit about Dr. Dre, Young Buck might show up on your doorstep with a knife.

Not true. Just about ever public enemy album has a flavor flav song, kind of PE's version of the Ringo song..Cold Limpin'911 is a jokeLetter to the New York Post ( from Apocalypse 91) ( I can't find a youtube link)Yes, he was primarily a hype man, but any time they let him rap, it was truly terrible. Dre is not better than I remember. He has no flow, he raps the same way in ever song he's ever rapped in. It's just because the songs are so classic, and sometimes the lyrics are so classic, everyone assumes he's great. But he's outshined, as a rapper, on Chronic by snoop, and on Chronic 2001 by everyone. I stand by my assessment that dre, while maybe not deserving to be on a top 25 list, is the most overrated rapper in history.
I knew you were going to pull out 911 and letter to the new york post. Same thing here as for durst or anyone else who has "rapped" a couple times, it does not make them a rapper.Dre has the best rap song ever (G thing) which is probably top 10 songs of the last 2 decades. He does not have an amazing flow or anything, but I never remember anyone claiming he does.
Also, Fred Durst should be number one...
this might be the worst rap of all time.Also, though he gets immunity because of his early work, Snoop Dog is terrible and has been terrible for about a decade.
Snoop terrible, really? I mean the stuff he has put out the lsat 2 or 3 year is pretty bad, and when he went to No Limit after Deathrow has unbearable, but the stuff he did with the neptunes was pretty good.
The list needs criteria, like releasing a actual solo rap album where they are the featured artist. This would eliminate the debate over Dre, Puffy, and Tim.Flav was a hype man but also rapped, and he sucked.Dre isn't that bad, he just isn't great and all his shit is ghostwritten so I don't even look at him as a rap artist. If I was going to look at him that way you just can't put him on the list because of what he did with NWA and the two chronic albums.Fred Durst isn't a rapper, I don't care what bullshit he ever released.Timberland isn't horrible either, certainly more listenable to than 98.4% of southern hip hop artist right now and most his stuff is collaboration work anyway.Snoop has classic albums, no matter how much he has fallen off over the years its just not possible for a guy who released two of the best albums of the 90's to be on a worst rappers list ever.Puffy is the worst of the rapper/producers and its not even really close, actually i take that back... JD fits that bill.Will Smith should not be on the list.No doubt my list would be filled with southern artist starting with Master P and nearly everyone who was on No Limit records at some point. Also lets toss in the kid acts that sucked, like pretty much anything Jermaine Dupri has worked on.____The list copied here to save time.1. Vanilla Ice2. MC Hammer3. Brian Austin Green4. Dee Dee King5. Puffy6. Fred Durst7. Mr. T8. Will Smith9. K-fed10. Marky Mark11. Shaq12. Northern State13.Tony Yayo14. Master P15. Rappin Duke16. ICP17. Elvira18. Chingy19. Dan Aykroyd and Tom hanks20. Nelly21. 2 Live Crew22. Bobby Jimmy and the Critters23. Mike Jones24. Bubba Sparks25. Chicago Bears
I pretty much agree with Jada here
blah blah blah record sales blah blah blah
Having a "hit" should absolutely not exclude you from the list. In fact, it pretty much has to be a prerequisite. The real "worst rapper" is probably some white guy doing a local used car commercial in an attempt to stay "hip' But who cares, no one's heard of them. The worst rappers without hits, I mean.. how the hell are we supposed to have heard them?Record Sales do not equal quality.50 Million Elvis fans can be wrong. Puff Daddy and Mace are two of the very worst rappers ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nzHIx4fVuEThis song is a great song, with great beats, inspite of the fact it has two of the worst raps ever to appear in a hit single. Biggie Humiliates the two of them when he comes in on the third verse.
I knew you were going to pull out 911 and letter to the new york post. Same thing here as for durst or anyone else who has "rapped" a couple times, it does not make them a rapper.Dre has the best rap song ever (G thing) which is probably top 10 songs of the last 2 decades. He does not have an amazing flow or anything, but I never remember anyone claiming he does.Snoop terrible, really? I mean the stuff he has put out the lsat 2 or 3 year is pretty bad, and when he went to No Limit after Deathrow has unbearable, but the stuff he did with the neptunes was pretty good.I pretty much agree with Jada here
Fred Durst Raps all the time in Limp Biskit songs. It's certainly not singing. They are one of the "innovators" of the Rap-rock genre. And he's terrible.Granted, Flav doesn't rap much, but when he does, I think he's memorably, comically bad. I think people are confusing what I'm saying about Dre. I think he's makes excellent songs, produces excellent beats, and as a Hip-hop artist is in the hall of fame. But he is not a good rapper. He's one of the best rappers of the producer turned rapper genre, but I mean, that's not really stiff competition. Kanye is the only good producer turned rapper that I can think of off the top of my head. I hated the stuff snoop did with the Neptunes ( though I like the Neptunes as producers). Drop it like it's hot was terrible, I thought.

Also, I think Flavor Flav is truly sad. I can't stand watching the flavor of love, or anything else he's on in reality shows. It just makes me sad. Public Enemy was a radically politically conscious band, in a way that is completely absent in mainstreet hip hop today. They were incredibly vocal about racial injustice and black consciousness. And to see one of the founding members of this seminal group tap dancing for frat boys just makes me sad.

Also, I think Flavor Flav is truly sad. I can't stand watching the flavor of love, or anything else he's on in reality shows. It just makes me sad. Public Enemy was a radically politically conscious band, in a way that is completely absent in mainstreet hip hop today. They were incredibly vocal about racial injustice and black consciousness. And to see one of the founding members of this seminal group tap dancing for frat boys just makes me sad.
I'm going to see PE this summer at Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago where they'll be performing It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back in its entirety, I'm curious to see Flav's act.