• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

TMC fans, help me find this movie based on my scattered description. Young wise ass 10 yr old girl teams up with a 30 something thief or bootlegger out of necessity. Girl was orphaned or maybe a runaway but used to the grifting life? Definitely bootlegger time frame. Not sure why the criminal dude took the girl on but I think he leaves her at some point after a decent score. The girl looks to have blond curls and actually curses in the film. The language was a bit shocking considering this film looked to be during a time that showing cleavage was considered taboo. I only saw maybe 20 minutes of this a few years ago but I've always wondered what the movie was.

I find movies showing up from my queue and I don't remember who made the recommendation or why I took the time to request the movie. Then I end up prefacing my opinion about the movie with the previous sentence. Whomever recommended Love Actually deserves my thanks for pointing me towards a movie well worth seeing. When I get a movie, I don't read the description but instead just pop it in and away we go. Because my queue moves so slowly and things get shuffled around, it's common for me to not have a clue as to a movies plot. This is by far the best way to watch a film. The title of this movie kind of creates a little hint of the type of movie but beyond that, I had nothing to go on but the scenes presented as the movie played out. The stories in Love Actually ran the gambit from ridiculous to endearing but every actor, besides the hot American eye candy cameo's, brought something to their role that somehow made these stories real. The co-mingling of the different lives shouldn't have worked but by the time the characters universes started to collide, I was enjoying the movie too much to care. Alright, so I tried to explain why I liked this movie but I don't feel like I came close to putting my finger on it. Maybe I was simply hypnotized by the pretty people with english accents. Whatever, I liked the movie.

Paper Moon?
That has to be right.Not that I've ever heard of the movie, but after googling it, yeah, that has to be right.By the way, GWCx2, you can thank me for Love, Actually.I don't think it was me that recommended it, but I also like it a lot, so I'll take the credit.
Paper Moon?
I have no idea how you did that but thanks!I should have recognized Tatum O'neal at the time and been able to back my way to the movies title. I swear I remember her having curls instead of short blond straight hair. I thought the movie was b&w and wouldn't have thought it was made in 1973. Basically my memory sucks and shouldn't be trusted. I hope the 20 minutes I remember is worth the top slot of my queue.
That has to be right.Not that I've ever heard of the movie, but after googling it, yeah, that has to be right.By the way, GWCx2, you can thank me for Love, Actually.I don't think it was me that recommended it, but I also like it a lot, so I'll take the credit.
The credit's all yours.
TMC fans, help me find this movie based on my scattered description. Young wise ass 10 yr old girl teams up with a 30 something thief or bootlegger out of necessity. Girl was orphaned or maybe a runaway but used to the grifting life? Definitely bootlegger time frame. Not sure why the criminal dude took the girl on but I think he leaves her at some point after a decent score. The girl looks to have blond curls and actually curses in the film. The language was a bit shocking considering this film looked to be during a time that showing cleavage was considered taboo. I only saw maybe 20 minutes of this a few years ago but I've always wondered what the movie was.
Paper Moon?
Spot on, sir. Ryan and Tatum O'Neil.Tatum also played a mouthy Little Leaguer in the Bad News Bears (the original). These werre her first two movies and she is the youngest Academy Award winner.

Please do yourselves a great favor and rent In Bruges with Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes. I started a thread about it when it was in theatres. It's fantastic and one of the tightest scripts ever -- even the tiniest little throwaway bits play into the climax later, in the most delightful way.Also, I just watched the PBS Great Performances show of Hamlet with David Tennant as Hamlet and Patrick Stewart as Claudius. It was outstanding, so record it if you can. I've never understood Ophelia's going mad, but the Ophelia here gave the best performance of her mad scenes of anyone I've ever seen. Stewart is a powerful Claudius.

Please do yourselves a great favor and rent In Bruges with Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes. I started a thread about it when it was in theatres. It's fantastic and one of the tightest scripts ever -- even the tiniest little throwaway bits play into the climax later, in the most delightful way.
Agreed.
In Bruge.Really really loved it. It had 2 Irish main stars so it always had that going for it. The movie was done by Martin Mcdonagh an excellent award winning playright. So it had that play feel to it.It seems to be an either love it or hate film. I just seen it last night and I am dying to see it again.Theres so many good one liners in, I'm sure I will laugh even harder watching it the second time. It's serious and sad moments were somehow very acceptable besides the crazy funny flow of the movie. Very intelligent unique movie, suited me down to the ground.Brendan Gleeson(Irish one of my favourite actors ever) Ralph Feines and Colin Farrell. I have been beginning to respect Colin Farrell a bit lately and this movie just speeded up the process
"YOURE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!!!"(Using gayest voice ever) Loved it!!
"Thats for John Lennon you yankee fucking cunt"
wierd movie...yet i enjoyed it
In Bruges is one of my all time favorite movies. Definitely best thing I've seen in the last few years. Genius.And seriously, wtf's a lollipop man doing knowing karate?

Just watched In Bruges because of the recommendations here. Very good movie, albeit slow at times the cast was too good to turn away. Gleeson is a great actor, I pretty much like all of his movies. The movie took a good 30-40min to really get going but that's ok, the ending made up for it.

Just watched In Bruges because of the recommendations here. Very good movie, albeit slow at times the cast was too good to turn away. Gleeson is a great actor, I pretty much like all of his movies. The movie took a good 30-40min to really get going but that's ok, the ending made up for it.
Yeah I almost returned it because I kept turning it off in the first 30 min, I'm glad I stuck with it.9I really liked the story and the animation. It could have had a little more substance, like going into each of the number's personalities more, but overall I really liked it. Although I think this movie is ok for older kids, this movie got me thinking about target audiences for animated movies. I think it would be fun if there was more animated movies for adults, not always rated G stuff.

I was reading through some random online site's ( pretty mediocre) top 100 of the decade list, and I saw a movie on it, I was wholy Unfamilar with... Danny Boyle's ( Slumdog, 28 day's later) Sci-fiction movie, Sunshine. It sounded good, and I'm a sucker for intelligent Sci fi movies, so I gave it a whirl...At it's core, the movie is a thriller movie, and has a hard time over coming that. But.... it is one of the most beautifully shot movies I've ever seen, so many spectacular shots, it really makes me wish I'd seen it in a theatre. Just a beautiful looking movie, and it has some substance to back up the beauty of the shots. Boyle's a talent.

The Clash of the Titans.. This movie is very good. A Greek mythology story. Hope this will be the start of making the God of War in the big screen.

Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.It's definitely a Gilliam joint. Made miss taking hallucinogens a bit.Not sure I completely "got it" in the fullest sense but it was interesting.

I was reading through some random online site's ( pretty mediocre) top 100 of the decade list, and I saw a movie on it, I was wholy Unfamilar with... Danny Boyle's ( Slumdog, 28 day's later) Sci-fiction movie, Sunshine. It sounded good, and I'm a sucker for intelligent Sci fi movies, so I gave it a whirl...
Have you seen Moon? If not, I recommend!
The Clash of the Titans.. This movie is very good. A Greek mythology story. Hope this will be the start of making the God of War in the big screen.
The new one? Or the Harry Hamlin 1981 version? I think the 1981 film was sexier, and made more narrative sense. Also, while Sam Worthington may take a good picture, Harry Hamlin has 20x the charisma.
Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.
Yeah, it's got one of my favorite posthumous performances.
Have you seen Moon? If not, I recommend!
I have and I loved it. I think over all moon is better, but sunshine has just some of the most beautiful shots and scenes I've ever seen.
SurrogatesPretty awful movie. It's like a crappy Matrix wanna-be movie, mixed with i-robot and not even an hour and a half long. Some good action sequences, but rather unsatisfying.

Tell No One is one of those holy shit how have I never seen this movie kind of movies. I don't know if it's because I don't speak French and have to read the subtitles or because the movie was completely riveting but it certainly held my attention from beginning to end. Any attempt from me to try and convey how well this movie was made would completely fall short. My thanks as always to whomever recommended this.

Tell No One is one of those holy shit how have I never seen this movie kind of movies. I don't know if it's because I don't speak French and have to read the subtitles or because the movie was completely riveting but it certainly held my attention from beginning to end. Any attempt from me to try and convey how well this movie was made would completely fall short. My thanks as always to whomever recommended this.
That was me too!(I don't know if I said anything about this movie, but I know I told runthemover to watch it, so...are you runthemover?)Anyway, yes, this is a great movie.

I saw Iron Man with a buddy and his two boys. It was entertaining for them and it was okay for me. Lots of action, but if you've seen the previews you've seen the movie.

There is a preview after the credits of another scene. It was a desert like meteorite site, and the last scene showed thor's hammer (i think that's what it was). I have no idea if this is spoiler quote worthy.

That was me too!(I don't know if I said anything about this movie, but I know I told runthemover to watch it, so...are you runthemover?)Anyway, yes, this is a great movie.
I figured it was you, LG or kinder. Here's something not so funny but I'll post anyway. I was going to lie down for the night and wanted to watch a movie. Having not read the movie sleeve, I didn't remember Tell No One was subtitled. I didn't feel like reading a movie while in bed so I took the movie out and put in A Serious Man. I immediately resigned myself to reading a movie since the film starts out with subtitles. I totally didn't get A Serious man. Maybe if I were Jewish? Too bad because the beginning story line and characters were interesting. Much like Tarantino, the Coen brothers have earned my viewership for life.