Maybe it's different on the PSP, but I thought the road to the show mode was pretty lame.It fast forwards to your next "action" - hits a ground ball to you, you field it, and that's it.Or your next at bat, etc. Very little continuity, imo.

I do have the game and I love the Road to the Show. Personally, I don't think it's lame. I love the fact that it is only concerned with plays that your created player is involved in. I also owned the 2007 version of the game and I am glad at the leaps and bounds they made when it came to RTTS.The Show series is the best baseball sim on the market.

What is the best baseball game to get for the 360? I like realism > arcade style, fwiw.
2k8 is the only 360 baseball game
QFTand unfortunately it's not worth the $60
I played last years version. I found a site where this guy puts up the sliders to try and make the game pretty realistic. With the sliders set I thought that game was pretty amazing playing against the computer. One baseball game that made we want to continue playing the season mode. I am playing this years version on psp and it really isnt that good. I wanted to get the show but they didnt have it at that time. I should have just waited for the show.

if 2k8 is anywhere near as bad on the 360 as it is for wii (my average games are around 25-20 with each team hitting about 15 home runs on a difficult setting), don't get it. i wish the AI and physics were better, since the controls are pretty neat, albeit a little on the easy side.man, i miss mvp baseball :club:.

I have MLB 2K8 for my 360 and have had no issues and am enjoying it immensly. I guess online is suspect but I don't play it online. I have two franchises going with the Tigers and Dodgers. 25-24 with the Tigers and 9-7 with the Dodgers. Some people have complained about the game freezing but so far I have not come across that. Either way a new patch is coming out soon to fix some graphical issues. But again, I don't care about the graphics so a little hiccup here and there that I don't even really notice is not going to ruin the experience of a good game. They revamped the pitching and hitting this year *cough* unlike The Show where its been the same game year after year *cough* (but i know it is a great product, I am just messing about).

I have MLB2k8 and it freezes on my ps3. But I picked 2k8 because it has franchise mode and the show doesn't have it, right? I still might get mlb08 the show later. Plus, i found the mechanics of the game to be quite realistic and it satisfy my cravings.

I have MLB2k8 and it freezes on my ps3. But I picked 2k8 because it has franchise mode and the show doesn't have it, right? I still might get mlb08 the show later. Plus, i found the mechanics of the game to be quite realistic and it satisfy my cravings.
yes, The Show does have a franchise modethe "Road to the Show" gametype is just one part of the game
Maybe it's different on the PSP, but I thought the road to the show mode was pretty lame.It fast forwards to your next "action" - hits a ground ball to you, you field it, and that's it.Or your next at bat, etc. Very little continuity, imo.
btw, do a "Road to the Show" with a pitcherit is much more fun that way
yes, The Show does have a franchise modethe "Road to the Show" gametype is just one part of the game
that means i have to get it and play you online?
that means i have to get it and play you online?
it means you have to get it, but I doubt you'll see me onlinethe Road to the Show keeps me more than occupied, and the only game that I do play online right now is Call of Duty 4
btw, do a "Road to the Show" with a pitcherit is much more fun that way
QFT I can't get into position players in RttSAlsoI'm sick of playing In the Minors! :club: I'm in year 2 in the AAA rotation and I think this is the year! :ts