King Of Off Topic

I realize that I am not an active member of the Sick Thread, I accept that I probably never will be. But to not be part of this bracket still cuts me deep. Is it my hair? My clingy personality? My unusually large nipples?
you're upset? i lost to a NERD in the second round!
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this thread shows how little you know. i only had to click once for easier viewing.i agree with 98%. if anyone is offended by this, you're the one i'm talking about.also hollywoodafd vs. kaveros in

I'm comfortable with my decision.

I'm sure you are.

I think it's sad when an old, large fish finally gets caught by a fisherman. For so many years he recognized the bait and figuratively spit at it. (I say figuratively because I don't know if fish can spit underwater. Can anyone spit underwater?) But now they invent some new, fancy bait and maybe he's lost a step or two (again, when I say lost a step or two I mean that figuratively) and his time has finally come. Poor, poor fish.
he's probably very smart and attractive. also, he was probably too lazy to search the site where the picture was originally hosted because the image wasn't hosted so he thought the image wouldn't be there. How wrong was he? very. He should've thought to look a the story that accompanied the picture though.So, does Shake just frequent Makezine.com? Or, did he just search "make own boombox" (or something similar) to find that site?
also, I still have no idea what these posts were referring to.
I realize that I am not an active member of the Sick Thread, I accept that I probably never will be.
It's not a Sick Thread bracket. RodReynolds is not a sickie and he won. LLY isn't either, and he made the top 4. OPEN YOUR EYES, MAN.
  • 7 months later...

First ever King of Off Topic based on statistical analysis!As I've mentioned, whether or not anybody believed me, I've been scoring every post in Off Topic General in threads started on or after July 6th. The sample isn't big enough to draw any conclusions yet, so I won't be sharing any specific information, but let's have some fun with it anyway. Here's my bracketology:Start with members with over 15 eligible posts and seed them according to OPS.Then members with between 8 and 15 eligible posts and seed accordingly.Then between 4 and 8.Then the 2's and 3's.Anybody with a zero OPS was not included.In determining the winner of each matchup I essentially took OPS with a plate appearances factor. So somebody with 30 posts and an OPS of 150 might beat somebody with 4 posts and an OPS of 1100.In the opening round there were nine upsets, if you count the 9's over the 8's. Those upsets include two three 13's over 4's (navybuttons over chrozzo, runthemover over Mercury69, and AmScray over wsox8).Second round had three more upsets, but we lost our Cinderella stories already. The lowest seed to advance was loogie as a 6, but all four #5's advanced to the Sweet Sixteen.The next round held according to form with all the 1's and 2's advancing to the Elite Eight. Three #1 seeds advanced to the Final Four, but speedz99 was ousted by 2 seed El Guapo.El Guapo couldn't hold off the hard charging BigDMcGee though and we had one entrant into the championship game. In the late game, SuitedAces21 jumped out to an early lead, but Tactical Bear made a big comeback and won it going away.In the championship game, Tactical Bear slapped enough singles to pull out the victory and yes I did just mix baseball and basketball.brackets.pngEdit: If I had scored speedz' last post in the Manarchy thread before doing all this, he would've squeaked by Guapo.

I know, right?But it's actually really easy to do once the spreadsheet is set up.The biggest downfall is having to read threads like Super Secret Squirrel.

Suited Aces beat me?I mean, there's no way I'm getting past Bear in the next round, but still.... Suited Aces?Did you not read my post in this thread:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=3168926That was like a Grand Slam out of the ball park. COME ON!

you forgot to add me in the 13 over 4 upset category. Damn, my posts must really suck and Scram kicks my ass

Another tough first round defeat. I really thought my "I Think I'll Go For A Walk Outside .... The Summer Sun's Calling My Name" thread would have pushed me through the first round, but it was not meant to be.Back to training for next year.

Well at least I made it to the second round.I think I could've done more. Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffin glue.

Suited Aces beat me?I mean, there's no way I'm getting past Bear in the next round, but still.... Suited Aces?Did you not read my post in this thread:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=3168926That was like a Grand Slam out of the ball park. COME ON!
That thread was started before July 6th and therefore not eligible. I needed that rule in place so I didn't have to read all those old, long threads that I never open.
Another tough first round defeat. I really thought my "I Think I'll Go For A Walk Outside .... The Summer Sun's Calling My Name" thread would have pushed me through the first round, but it was not meant to be.Back to training for next year.
If we meet up in the first round next year then you'll get a free pass. He didn't even remember to add me in the 13-4 upset category.. No love
If we meet up in the first round next year then you'll get a free pass. He didn't even remember to add me in the 13-4 upset category.. No love
Sorry for overlooking you. Your biggest flaw was getting involved with the super secret squirrel. And AmScray is a pretty strong 13.
Sorry for overlooking you. Your biggest flaw was getting involved with the super secret squirrel. And AmScray is a pretty strong 13.
Fuck shit.. Yes, a very good point. I saw the opportunity to have some fun but didn't think of the consequences (it was probably only funny in av's and my mind). Good call on that.

I am totally an overrated 3 seed. And isn't loogie a professional comedian? How do I get that draw in the 2nd round?There is way too much luck involved in these classic internet awesomeness brackets. If it wasnt for luck....